News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Screen Shot Problem

Started by swordmaster, August 22, 2009, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordmaster

When ever I try to take a screen shot it pauses and says saving failed i don't now what to do for it and then it logs me off
IGN:iCup

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: swordmaster on August 22, 2009, 09:36:27 PM
When ever I try to take a screen shot it pauses and says saving failed i don't now what to do for it and then it logs me off
Tap the key and MAKE SURE TO RELEASE IT. Holding it down will cause you to lag out. If you still experience the problem after trying that, let me know.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 22, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: swordmaster on August 22, 2009, 09:36:27 PM
Tap the key and MAKE SURE TO RELEASE IT. Holding it down will cause you to lag out. If you still experience the problem after trying that, let me know.

lol i tried that and your right. i did get a saving failed. i wonder why that is?

JoEL

Because screenprinting really often can make you lag which is something meiun decided to stop people from using this to there advantage somehow.

krele

...or to stop manual graphics ripping...

ARTgames

Quote from: JoEL on August 23, 2009, 02:53:29 AM
Because screenprinting really often can make you lag which is something meiun decided to stop people from using this to there advantage somehow.

i did not lag out computer speed wise. so if meiun doing that he's assumes your holding prscreen just for lagging. (im not saying your wrong im just adding onto your idea) good idea btw.

Mr Pwnage

Well...just to test it out, I logged on...I held the button down for 7 seconds, and didn't get kicked. I did this with ONLY Stick Online open...and I have an essentially maxed out gaming computer now. It didn't raise my ping at all, in fact the lag trick won't even work for me now...I simply can't lag my machine. Point being, if your running an older machine...make sure you don't have other applications that put a load on it...surprisingly, I found on my old machine MS Paint does quite a number on the CPU...just to name one.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 23, 2009, 02:57:06 PM
Well...just to test it out, I logged on...I held the button down for 7 seconds, and didn't get kicked. I did this with ONLY Stick Online open...and I have an essentially maxed out gaming computer now. It didn't raise my ping at all, in fact the lag trick won't even work for me now...I simply can't lag my machine.

don't you mean fps not ping? i dowt holding print screen for any one would make there connection worse. :P
well that proves me wrong. its not something with stick online.

swordmaster were you holding the prsc button down?

swordmaster

IGN:iCup

ARTgames

Quote from: swordmaster on August 23, 2009, 04:54:43 PM
no i wasnt

oh well you got me. are you sure nothing was running in the background that could have been reading from your clipbord? also did you install any new software or update anything in hardware or software before this happened?

JoEL

Well it technically doesn't change your connection speed, but it can change your computers CPU usage which would cause you to lose a portion of your frames per second which potentially could make you seem really lagged.