News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Adventures of Shuggy, a giant shelf of game mechanics

Started by 11clock, June 15, 2012, 01:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Well this game came out, like, a couple days over a year ago. It's a platformer where every level has you playing with a different gameplay mechanic. You will be rotating levels, flying, swinging around with a rope, teleporting, changing size, shifting gravity, and so on. There is also a pack of co-op levels.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211440/

I'm considering buying it. It got an 8/10 from GameSpot. However, I may not get it yet because I'm currently trying to complete every game on my computer that I haven't paid too much attention to before. I've bought too many games that I've barely played or didn't play at all; there's about 20 of them. I set up a system where I play three of these games at a time until I complete the main objective in each game, and later go back to the games that I've liked the best to go for 100% completion. If I buy this game it will add to the already large pile. And not to mention Skyrim...

However, this game looks neat and I thought I might as well share.

11clock

Whoops, got the date of release wrong. I thought it was released June this year, not June LAST year. ::)

Anyways, I decided to go ahead and buy the game since it was on sale, and I have to say that this game is very well done. The mechanics are varied, and many levels even combine some mechanics. There's one level where you can rotate the level AND you jump very high. My only complaint is that Shuggy's max speed is way too high, and his minimum speed is way too low, so he can go from slow as a turtle to fast as Sonic the Hedgehog in about two seconds. This isn't normally a problem, but it can lead to some frustrating deaths. Despite the unbalanced speed of the character, the game is very good and worth the money.