News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Steam summer sale heads up

Started by ARTgames, July 12, 2012, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

I did get L.A. Noire and it's DLC. I have been meaning to play it for a while, but at less then $10 for the lot I couldn't pass up the offer.

11clock

I've come to the conclusion that you can't backflip in the classic Worms.

How do you rotate a girder? Geez, this game needs a controls manual or something...

Lucifer

Decided to buy Arma II: Combined Operations for the Day Z mod, and I don't regret it one bit. This game is amazing, especially considering it's still in beta. It is hands down one of the more difficult games I have ever played, let alone the best zombie apocalypse simulator I've tried to date. The game starts you out with no weapons, and no tutorial, with only your common sense to lead you. Needless to say the difficulty curve is quite steep, your initial lives are more learning experiences than serious attempts at survival.

So far my interaction with other players has been minimal and mostly negative; my fault entirely. After several deaths I finally found my first gun and was super excited, so when I saw a player for the first time I had the wonderful idea of taking potshots at him. He cursed at me through the ingame voice chat, then filled me with holes. In my next life I was pretty set on equipment and suddenly noticed a player running along the road in front of me, so I decided to chase after him with some kind of idea of possible friendship in mind. He turned around, saw me running towards him, and blasted my legs with SMG rounds. I spent the next three hours of gameplay crawling around with a broken leg stubbornly refusing to commity suicide by zombie, until I finally died of starvation.

Just yesterday I had recently started a new life when I saw a player running towards me, axe in hand, with a tail of zombies behind him. The crazy douchebag chased me into a barn, leading the zombies inside too. As I retreated up the stairs he charged up at me, and I attempted to jump down onto the floor... for this action I was awarded with a broken leg, then unconsciousness as my head smacked the floor. I woke up to zombies feeding on me, and my last glimpse of life was his axe falling down on me.

So, yeah, moral to my experiences with other players, avoid them if possible. On that note however, playing this game with a friend is ideal, as the best way to gain health back (blood) is to receive a blood transfusion from another player. A solo players only hope to regain blood is to gather up all of the materials to gather and cook meat from wild animals, which is not so easy a task.

Scotty

Quote from: Lucifer on July 19, 2012, 04:20:10 PM
Decided to buy Arma II: Combined Operations for the Day Z mod, and I don't regret it one bit. This game is amazing, especially considering it's still in beta. It is hands down one of the more difficult games I have ever played, let alone the best zombie apocalypse simulator I've tried to date. The game starts you out with no weapons, and no tutorial, with only your common sense to lead you. Needless to say the difficulty curve is quite steep, your initial lives are more learning experiences than serious attempts at survival.

So far my interaction with other players has been minimal and mostly negative; my fault entirely. After several deaths I finally found my first gun and was super excited, so when I saw a player for the first time I had the wonderful idea of taking potshots at him. He cursed at me through the ingame voice chat, then filled me with holes. In my next life I was pretty set on equipment and suddenly noticed a player running along the road in front of me, so I decided to chase after him with some kind of idea of possible friendship in mind. He turned around, saw me running towards him, and blasted my legs with SMG rounds. I spent the next three hours of gameplay crawling around with a broken leg stubbornly refusing to commity suicide by zombie, until I finally died of starvation.

Just yesterday I had recently started a new life when I saw a player running towards me, axe in hand, with a tail of zombies behind him. The crazy douchebag chased me into a barn, leading the zombies inside too. As I retreated up the stairs he charged up at me, and I attempted to jump down onto the floor... for this action I was awarded with a broken leg, then unconsciousness as my head smacked the floor. I woke up to zombies feeding on me, and my last glimpse of life was his axe falling down on me.

So, yeah, moral to my experiences with other players, avoid them if possible. On that note however, playing this game with a friend is ideal, as the best way to gain health back (blood) is to receive a blood transfusion from another player. A solo players only hope to regain blood is to gather up all of the materials to gather and cook meat from wild animals, which is not so easy a task.

I had UStream going for several hours last night while Jake played a very poor back-seat gamer, and while he was planning to buy it eventually, him watching me was enough to pressure him into getting the game.  I highly highly recommend it.  Luci, you and me, tonight, let's do this!

krele

Is L.A. Noire worth buying it? Is it worth the support? If not, I'll just use some magical wispy dust I have left from last Christmas to obtain it :)

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on July 19, 2012, 05:25:05 PM
I had UStream going for several hours last night while Jake played a very poor back-seat gamer, and while he was planning to buy it eventually, him watching me was enough to pressure him into getting the game.  I highly highly recommend it.  Luci, you and me, tonight, let's do this!
it's funny. Your lifespan went from about 2 minutes, to 2 hours once I started watching and giving tips. No need to thank me.

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on July 20, 2012, 12:01:37 PM
it's funny. Your lifespan went from about 2 minutes, to 2 hours once I started watching and giving tips. No need to thank me.

Yeah, I just did the exact opposite of whatever you told me, so I guess I should thank you.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on July 20, 2012, 12:05:44 PM

Yeah, I just did the exact opposite of whatever you told me, so I guess I should thank you.

I'll get the icepack...

Except I'll just lose it due to my avg lifespan being 10 minutes...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Oh, now it makes sense. You're upset that I actually know how to read a map.

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on July 20, 2012, 04:06:42 PM

Oh, now it makes sense. You're upset that I actually know how to read a map.

Says our fearless pseudo-Scout Leader, the king of the redundantly spoken phrase, "Ok, I really know where we're at now".  Here, maybe this will help:

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.036.098

Yankyal

Whoever also voted for Dead Island during the communtiy choice, thank you. I love you.

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10