News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

crytek's answer to cod=warface

Started by venuse, July 16, 2012, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venuse

crytek has been developing a free to play fps known as warface. currently it is only in Russia, China, Korea, however that doesnt mean we cant play it. there is a tutorial for the russian sight so that you can download it and how to setup an account along with an English patch. also just to let you know i havent play it, and there is current a closed beta test for the american version.
tut site
http://www.xboxmb.com/forum/10-general-discussion/107298-how-play-warface-english.html
youtube vid of gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWElL72nx4w&feature=player_detailpage

Yankyal

Why are there so many god damn cod clones?

Blacklight retribution is another one released recently. I don't get it.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

venuse

gota be honest blacklight retribution isnt a cod clone or im blind. ive been playing it for a few days.

Yankyal

Quote from: venuse on July 17, 2012, 07:17:41 PM
gota be honest blacklight retribution isnt a cod clone or im blind. ive been playing it for a few days.

From the videos I've seen it certainly does look like CoD, at least to me.

I guess I'll have to play it to form a real opinion on it. Anyways this game looks good for a free game, any idea how long until the NA release?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

venuse

the only thing i know is that it is supposed to be release this year if we are lucky.

ive grown tired of blacklight retribution
well as for blacklight retribution the similarities to cod from what i can tell are; aim down the sight, same weapon types like smg lmg shot gun pistols etc, sprint button, grenades, same game modes like team death match free for all etc.

after that the similarities kinda stop. there are no real killstreaks but instead you gain cp during the match that you can spend at the depot located in the maps to purchase stuff like hp refills, ammo refills, flamethrowers, mechs known as hardstuits and other special equipment. its has a snails pace leveling system that rewards people you use real money to buy xp bonuses, weapons, equipment. if not using irl money prepare to grind for gp just to get a lower powered equipment. there is also the fact that equipment expires after a certain period of time depending on how much you payed for it,1day 7 days 30days or a permanent state if you decided to pay the ridiculous price. receiver price of 200gp for 1 day and 5500gp for perm

please note that for each match you may only win around 150 and 200 gp if you are lucky meaning just to get 1 piece of your wanted weapon you will need to endure 37 match just to get one item for your character. since the customization of blacklight is pretty deep this means you will be doing a but load of matchs to make the character you want with the layout you want. this doesnt includes the other form of customization known as nodes. pieces of equipment;5 pieces of armor, upto 5 pieces of gear, 5 pieces of depot, upto 8 pieces for the main weapon, upto 5 pieces for the secondary. to put it simply expect to spend a but load of time getting all perm stuff.

venuse