News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Lingus, August 24, 2009, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

New player class announced: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/monk.xml

Pretty impressive. Reminds me of the assassin class without the traps.

EpicPhailure

Lucifer

Hehe, Chaos told me a few days ago.

DO WAAAANNNNNTTTT

Lingus

Btw, watch the cinematic trailer. The monk is so freakin' pimp.

EpicPhailure

Rofl, it's cool but the Monk is so...stereotypical martial arts type of thing. Like, FLYING KICK, MID PUNCH UPPERCUT! Or something.

Lingus

I don't think they're trying to reinvent the wheel with class types. The witch doctor is probably the most unique. But Barbarian, Wizard, Monk... pretty standard. Diablo has always been like that. Some standard class types with some more unique ones thrown in. I think the Monk will be an awesome class, and probably pretty fun to play. Aside from any of the as yet unreleased classes, I'd probably play the Monk class over any of the others. Personal preferrence of course.

Cactuscat222

I do have to say I'm disappointed with Blizzard. :(

They announce one new class, every year. I was really hoping they would be announcing a release date soon - Yeah yeah "you can't rush perfection", but such a powerful company should be able to pump out something like this quicker. Though it's only been a few years in the making.

Starcraft 2 on the other hand.... they delayed it AGAIN. >.<

Nonetheless, I can't wait for D3.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 25, 2009, 05:03:37 AM

They announce one new class, every year. I was really hoping they would be announcing a release date soon - Yeah yeah "you can't rush perfection", but such a powerful company should be able to pump out something like this quicker. Though it's only been a few years in the making.

I think a lot of people who used to work at Blizzard quit? I don't know how recent it was...but have you noticed how many job openings they have? Something happened.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Would you wait for a lesser game that is released in a few weeks, or a GREAT game in a year? (just an analogy)

Yeah. I'd rather have a good sequel in a few years than a bad game in a couple months.

Lingus

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 25, 2009, 05:03:37 AM

Actually, I've expected this. They tend to release info about the game long before they intend to actually release the game itself. Once they announced Diablo 3 I expected a few years to pass before the game actually comes out. And since they announced it in July of '08, if it releases in 2011 like is being speculated currently, that'll be about 3 years. Also, there's 4 known classes right now and it's only been a year since the announcement. That's more than 1 class per year.

Cactuscat222

Ah, I thought for some reason that it had been announced earlier. But I have read that it began production in 2005. Wikipedia says that developers have finished the main engine and whatnot, just they are now focusing on adding game content.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

i thought Monks were more peaceful than that.

Lingus

Depends what kind of monk you're talking about. I guess some kinds of monks study some form of martial arts, but are taught never to use them unless absolutely necessary. So in a way they are peaceful, but they will fight if they must.

But the monk archetype in RPGs is typically a fist fighter using little or no weapons and wearing little armor. So this is pretty much the same thing.

JoEL

Yeah i saw the monk the day it was revealed 7 sided strike = win!

I still prefer witch doctor at the moment though, looking forward to seeing the rest!

Lingus

Does anyone know if they released any other info besides the new class at BlizzCon?