News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Water on the moon

Started by Pat, November 14, 2009, 05:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I say we just kill off every single one of ya, and everyone else on earth, except for me, and every single hot chick with big boobs so that way I can repopulate through procreation.

Pat

You should leave some males so you don't have to go incest.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Jackabomb

Something tells me he wouldn't mind.

Mystery

Quote from: Scotty on November 22, 2009, 07:17:11 AM
I say we just kill off every single one of ya, and everyone else on earth, except for me, and every single hot chick with big boobs so that way I can repopulate through procreation.
But what if you become sterile?  :o Then you'll have doomed the whole human race!
Quote from: Lingus on November 21, 2009, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on November 21, 2009, 08:11:39 AM
Just wow. This topic has gone off the deep end on this page. >_<

Man to be living on the Moon from 2024
QuoteHuman beings are to go back to the Moon within the next 15 years and this time they will stay, according to ambitious plans to establish a lunar base announced by Nasa.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article661173.ece

Found this while i looking around the net. I don't know how credible this site is is but it look like an ok article.
Lol seriously. Sorta went crazy there for a bit.

This seems interesting. I would be interested to see more detail. Maybe the article has it, but I'd also like to see something directly from NASA about it. It makes sense considering this new finding. If there's water, they could potentially establish a viable base. Of course, there's a lot of other stuff to think about. Such as oxygen. As far as I know there's not a very good way of creating oxygen other than with plants, and I don't know how much plant material would be needed to create enough oxygen. Would the base be filled with plants for it to work?

Yes, plants would be a very good plan. But of course, we'd need some gas anyways, because all our CO2 might not be enough. But the moon base plan sounds pretty viable. With our exponentially accelerating rate of gaining knowledge, we're going to accomplish a lot in the next ten years.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Titan

The base would need a ridiculous amount of plants.
Think about this. All the trees in the world count for around 10% of oxygen.
What supplys most is the alegea and stuff like that.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Aqua

Quote from: Titan on November 22, 2009, 06:00:29 PM
The base would need a ridiculous amount of plants.
Think about this. All the trees in the world count for around 10% of oxygen.
What supplys most is the alegea and stuff like that.
Exactly. What would support a moon colony would be a lot of scientists and an orchard of apple trees, or some other plant.
Another issue is that plants need water too- if you run out of water, you choose to die due to lack or water, or suffocate to the plants. :|
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on November 22, 2009, 06:11:03 PM
Another issue is that plants need water too- if you run out of water, you choose to die due to lack or water, or suffocate to the plants. :|
~Aqua

topic title "Water on the moon".

We can melt ice at room temp. And i don't think if they made a space place on the moon that its going to be under 32F. Any wase once we get all the water we need to run the place we can just recycle it.

Aqua

People once thought there was infinite natural gas, oil resources. Do we now? Consider that with the Moon's water.
:|
The Day after Tomorrow: dah Moon
~Aqua

ARTgames

Wen we use natural gas/oil we turn it into co2 and heat. When we use water it goes threw a cycle. Well they both go threw cycles its just one takes a hell of a lot longer.

If the place is locked up and has no big holes into space then they should be fine.

DarkTrinity

If they decided to plant a large amount of trees, they would need a hell of a lot of dirt, cause im pretty sure the soil on the moon wouldnt give the tree the nutrients it needs....

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on November 21, 2009, 09:35:06 PM
Well cant they have a space station but just on the moon. How do they do it up there already?
Good point. I'm not sure. I would imagine they would have to supply oxygen somehow.

Jackabomb

They would have to bring soil. The entire living population would have to be in one of those epic scifi "biodomes" because the moon's temperature is far too extreme to support life. The problem with "recycling water" is this. Plants USE the individual molecules of water in photosynthesis to produce oxygen. The formula for photosynthesis being: 6CO2 + 6H2O -> C6H12O6 + 6O2.

Red October

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 23, 2009, 11:21:24 PMThey would have to bring soil.

Why? Plants don't need soil to grow in. They just need a media to grow in. They also need a way to get vital nutrients that a plant requires, such as N, P, K etc, this can be achieved by adding nutrients to the water. See; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroculture and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics