News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

DEmotivationals

Started by mikkelet, September 08, 2009, 01:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashmaniac

I have removed my Motivational/Demotivational picture, I'm sorry for any inconvenience it has caused anyone. I am not a racist in any way.

Yours Sincerely,
Flash.

New one :D

If you don't get it, then it's all explained right here: ( I love cats so... Nothing against them here.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

Edit: Added another one, I made this because I was bored :)

Lucifer

Flash, I didn't see the picture, but if anyone takes these seriously they're !@#$ing idiots. You don't need to worry about offending anyone.
Anyways once I get home from my friend's house I'll post a few favorites. For now, Lets bring Hitler back shall we? He didn't like being deleted D:.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on September 09, 2009, 01:51:58 PM
Flash, I didn't see the picture, but if anyone takes these seriously they're !@#$ing idiots. You don't need to worry about offending anyone.
Anyways once I get home from my friend's house I'll post a few favorites. For now, Lets bring Hitler back shall we? He didn't like being deleted D:.
I'm sorry, I have to speak up. I am Jewish, and I agreed with everything Pwnage said. It's okay to make fun of Hitler. It's NOT okay to make light of the fact that he killed millions of people. There's a distinct difference in those two things. Please, post pictures of Hitler in as degrading a manner as possible... just please try to lay off the holocaust stuff. And I'm sorry again if I'm killing the party, but I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Lucifer

My point is that taking these pictures seriously is ridiculous. Nobody is laughing at the millions of people who died, they're just laughing at the humor in the picture. Laughing at the humor behind it doesn't make it racist of any sort, it just means you recognize a joke when you see one. Some might respond to that "OMG, THE HOLOCAUST WASN'T A JOKE!!11", if you do you're still not getting the point. Again I saw these are NOT meant to be racist.

But, I'm not going to argue the point any further than that, if you actually feel strongly about it I don't want to start an argument. If I'd been brought up Jewish I might be offended too.

Scotty

Quote from: Lucifer on September 09, 2009, 04:01:03 PM
My point is that taking these pictures seriously is ridiculous. Nobody is laughing at the millions of people who died, they're just laughing at the humor in the picture.

Which revolves around the millions of lives lost...  "Achievement: 6,000,000 killed" How is that not laughing at the fact that he was capable of pulling off the biggest genocide of the twentieth century?

Laughing at the humor behind it doesn't make it racist of any sort, it just means you recognize a joke when you see one.

Tell that to an Auschwitz survivor.  It's not racist, you're right, it's uncalled for.  Try making a picture about rape and showing it to a rape victim or someone who has a family member who went through the ordeal together.

If I'd been brought up Jewish I might be offended too.

...  Wait... What?  What then, is your point after all that?

Anyways, back to less argumentative humor:

Lucifer

Ah Scotty, it's always lovely to see you.
Quote from: Scotty
... Wait... What? What then, is your point after all that?
My point is if I was raised with people who had such a big part in that history, I'd probably take this a lot more seriously. But I don't, as I said, I probably just have a sick mind. Again, like I said, I don't want to make any sort of argument. That being said, I was never trying to change Lingus's or anyones mind. I was just saying you shouldn't take these things so seriously, but your rape comment was a good point, and made me see why someone would.

Thank you for taking your time to teach me your knowledge, oh great and glorious Scotty.
*bows*

*edit*
I know what you mean Lingus.

Lingus

Rather than drag this out, I'll say I agree with what Scott said. It's not racist, but it's not okay to joke about this kind of thing regardless of what you think you're laughing about. Just because you think something is funny doesn't mean everyone will. And telling someone not to take it seriously is also kind of offensive. I know you're just making a joke, I know it's supposed to be funny, but I still think it's not right.

Anyways, no big deal, I just wanted to speak my mind.

flashmaniac

Baaaaah, can we seriously get off the topic of Hitler/Holocuast. I'v made my mistake, taken correct actions to remove it and now we can all just move on :)

So... How'd you like the Quantam Box cat? Or The Dark Sage?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: flashmaniac on September 09, 2009, 06:01:30 PM
Baaaaah, can we seriously get off the topic of Hitler/Holocuast. I'v made my mistake, taken correct actions to remove it and now we can all just move on :)

I loved the dark safe one as you could see from my post above...and I looked at your wiki link to see if I could understand the other cat one...but I didn't have the time to read through it all...I understand it has something to do with radiation-poisoning cats O.o Care to explain this one so I can better understand?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 09, 2009, 06:56:13 PM

I loved the dark safe one as you could see from my post above...and I looked at your wiki link to see if I could understand the other cat one...but I didn't have the time to read through it all...I understand it has something to do with radiation-poisoning cats O.o Care to explain this one so I can better understand?

lol get it Mrs. Pwnette. because the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. so the cat is there! maybe
IDK quantum mechanics! thanks now i have no idea what im or its saying. :' (

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 09, 2009, 08:08:48 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 09, 2009, 06:56:13 PM

lol get it Mrs. Pwnette. because the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. so the cat is there! maybe
IDK quantum mechanics! thanks now i have no idea what im or its saying. :' (
The cat's just an analogy. It has to do with the Copenhagen interpretation of a superposition of an atom in quantum physics. Basically, the Copenhagen interpretation implies that the superposition undergoes collapse into a definite state only at the exact moment of quantum measurement, and because quantum measurement is extremely ill-defined so far, it gives way to numerous confusing situations/paradoxes.

EDIT: Unfortunately, that was the short version.  :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Is it me or does ever teacher have this one?

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 09, 2009, 08:31:39 PM

Is it me or does ever teacher have this one?
That would be an ironic picture for a teacher to have.......since it's basically saying it's more worth your time to be lazy...

And I like how everyone was confused by what I said, so they just disregarded it.  :P

EDIT: Just had to post this:

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames