News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Left4Dead 2

Started by Turkey, September 16, 2009, 02:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey

Just want to see what people thought of left4dead and if anyone is planning on getting Left4Dead 2.
I still play L4D quite a bit, and I'm really exited for Left4Dead 2.  :)
http://www.l4d.com/

I guess i just like games where the enemies are not that strong but there's a ton of them. (Yeah, i dont really know how to describe it.:()
Okay, well i just want to see what peoples thought are on the game.

(How come every time i try to type Left4Dead i accidentally type Left3Dead... :-\)

(@Art: Ha! I posted a topic, gimme my mesos!)

flashmaniac

Ha, nice Maplestory comment in there. Anyway, I think it's a fun game, it's really fun playing Multiplayer. I don't own the game but my friend does, it's a good way to pass time. Massacring waves of zombies.

Mr Pwnage

I own the game, well over 100 hours on it, I absolutely love it, I play it more than I sleep, I have 56/58 achievements, definitely getting L4D2...chainsaws are the shit. I am already signed to be a beta test pick for it. :p Kkthxbai.

EDIT: ZOMG! 1 achievement left! Currently at 57/58. All I need left is Zombie Genocide. I think that is in about 13,000 zombies for me...should have it within the week.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Pat

Banned in Australia SAD FACE!
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pat on October 01, 2009, 07:27:05 AM
Banned in Australia SAD FACE!
Why is it banned in Australia? O_o
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Lingus

Wow. L4D2 already coming out...

While I haven't played it much, I think it's a great concept. The co-op aspect is really interesting, and the fact that the game scales to your actions is just amazing. From what I understand, if you are at a low skill level and don't kill zombies very quickly the game automatically scales down the amount and skill level of the AI. Conversly if you are very good, there are more zombies and better AI.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on October 01, 2009, 05:25:19 PM

While I haven't played it much, I think it's a great concept. The co-op aspect is really interesting, and the fact that the game scales to your actions is just amazing. From what I understand, if you are at a low skill level and don't kill zombies very quickly the game automatically scales down the amount and skill level of the AI. Conversly if you are very good, there are more zombies and better AI.
Not exactly...there are difficulty selections. There is a system that measures skill...but it doesn't affect the zombies...I can explain more later. But yeah...its a great game...and it's not so addictive that I abuse it either...but I love it so dearly.

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 01, 2009, 08:30:49 PM
but I love it so dearly.

dose it not get boring for you also?

Pat

Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

ARTgames

Quoteand that users can still purchase or download such games online

Fire up your steam man. From what i can tell there banned but not illegal to own.

Lingus

Not exactly...there are difficulty selections. There is a system that measures skill...but it doesn't affect the zombies...I can explain more later. But yeah...its a great game...and it's not so addictive that I abuse it either...but I love it so dearly.
My description is from watching developer commentary so may be that they were saying stuff that didn't correctly reflect gameplay. But that's how they described the director mechanics.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on October 02, 2009, 03:18:44 PM

My description is from watching developer commentary so may be that they were saying stuff that didn't correctly reflect gameplay. But that's how they described the director mechanics.

Well don't listen to him. its true. but its not the skill of the ai for say but more of what kind of zombies, how much and what items they give you as you play the game.

And not to offend any zombies but they are not really smart. They run up to you and hit and that's about all. But they attack within big packs and there are more elite ones that help so its not easy.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on October 02, 2009, 05:29:26 PM

Well don't listen to him. its true. but its not the skill of the ai for say but more of what kind of zombies, how much and what items they give you as you play the game.

And not to offend any zombies but they are not really smart. They run up to you and hit and that's about all. But they attack within big packs and there are more elite ones that help so its not easy.
You realize you just repeated exactly what I said...but told him not to listen to me right? kkthxbai.

ARTgames

your the developer? lol im not sure if you could tell but most of my post was a joke. the "its true" part was reffing to you and ling.

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 02, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on October 02, 2009, 05:29:26 PM

You realize you just repeated exactly what I said...but told him not to listen to me right? kkthxbai.
That's not exactly what you said at all Pwnage. I understood Art's explanation much more than yours. It sounded like you didn't know what you were talking about and/or didn't want to explain it fully. In any case, based on Art's explanation it sounds like what I was talking about except when I said zombie skill level I should have said zombies with higher difficulty... but that's just semantics.