News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Left4Dead 2

Started by Turkey, September 16, 2009, 02:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

Lol that wikipidea link saying outlawed games was funny when I came across reading this
Saudi Arabia
Name Reason
God of War II
Pok?mon series Banned because of "promoting Zionism and gambling." [31][32]

Poor saudi arabians can't play pokemon...

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on October 02, 2009, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 02, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on October 02, 2009, 05:29:26 PM
Quote from: Lingus on October 02, 2009, 03:18:44 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 01, 2009, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: Lingus on October 01, 2009, 05:25:19 PM
Wow. L4D2 already coming out...

While I haven't played it much, I think it's a great concept. The co-op aspect is really interesting, and the fact that the game scales to your actions is just amazing. From what I understand, if you are at a low skill level and don't kill zombies very quickly the game automatically scales down the amount and skill level of the AI. Conversly if you are very good, there are more zombies and better AI.
Not exactly...there are difficulty selections. There is a system that measures skill...but it doesn't affect the zombies...I can explain more later. But yeah...its a great game...and it's not so addictive that I abuse it either...but I love it so dearly.
My description is from watching developer commentary so may be that they were saying stuff that didn't correctly reflect gameplay. But that's how they described the director mechanics.

Well don't listen to him. its true. but its not the skill of the ai for say but more of what kind of zombies, how much and what items they give you as you play the game.

And not to offend any zombies but they are not really smart. They run up to you and hit and that's about all. But they attack within big packs and there are more elite ones that help so its not easy.
You realize you just repeated exactly what I said...but told him not to listen to me right? kkthxbai.
That's not exactly what you said at all Pwnage. I understood Art's explanation much more than yours. It sounded like you didn't know what you were talking about and/or didn't want to explain it fully. In any case, based on Art's explanation it sounds like what I was talking about except when I said zombie skill level I should have said zombies with higher difficulty... but that's just semantics.
Actually eh...maybe your interpreting what I said wrong...cause I was basically saying that the in game director does not change the attributes/intelligence of the zombie AI based on how your playing...and also some of the other things you said are flawed...I could give you an explanation but you wouldn't understand it cause you obviously don't play...But yeah...I have over 200 hours on Left 4 Dead now...and all the achievements excluding the 10 new ones from Crash Course's update...meaning I know the whole game head to toe now...so I DEFINITELY know what I am talking about. It's all good though...you probably misread what I said...I just wrote this for clarification.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Looks like they have a gun that is or is close to the AK-47. And also that hang grade launcher. I think im going to like this game more.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on October 02, 2009, 08:17:19 PM
Looks like they have a gun that is or is close to the AK-47. And also that hang grade launcher. I think im going to like this game more.
Not to mention 3 new special infected...all which completely eliminate the "corner-camping" problem. This will be hella tight. I already have it preorded.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 02, 2009, 08:11:35 PM
Actually eh...maybe your interpreting what I said wrong...cause I was basically saying that the in game director does not change the attributes/intelligence of the zombie AI based on how your playing...and also some of the other things you said are flawed...I could give you an explanation but you wouldn't understand it cause you obviously don't play...But yeah...I have over 200 hours on Left 4 Dead now...and all the achievements excluding the 10 new ones from Crash Course's update...meaning I know the whole game head to toe now...so I DEFINITELY know what I am talking about. It's all good though...you probably misread what I said...I just wrote this for clarification.

Let me break this down for you Pwnage. Here's what I said:
Quote from: Lingus on October 01, 2009, 05:25:19 PM
From what I understand, if you are at a low skill level and don't kill zombies very quickly the game automatically scales down the amount and skill level of the AI. Conversly if you are very good, there are more zombies and better AI.
I can see how you can take that as being that the level of skill of individual types of zombies will change... but it can also be interpretted that higher skilled types of zombies will spawn instead of lower skilled types. As exactly as has been described.

Here's what you said:
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 01, 2009, 08:30:49 PM
Not exactly...there are difficulty selections. There is a system that measures skill...but it doesn't affect the zombies...I can explain more later.
Wherein you say nothing about how the system really works, you just disagree with what I have explained.

And here is Art's explanation:
Quote from: ARTgames on October 02, 2009, 05:29:26 PM
its true. but its not the skill of the ai for say but more of what kind of zombies, how much and what items they give you as you play the game.
Where he actually explains that the AI for different types of zombies doesn't change, but "what kind of zombies" does.

Again, you did not explain this. Furthermore, you're being quite condescending assuming that I won't understand you because I don't play this game. I've played it, several of my friends play it and talk about it all the time, AND I've watched several videos with developer commentary wherein they explain pretty much every aspect of the game. They described what we are talking about exactly as Art has (and you claim to have) and I understand how it works just fine. I described it a bit differently and I can see how you misinterpretted my post, but I did not misinterpret yours.

DarkBlade325

I be reviving this here tread since the demo came out for all now.

Using a plugin that a modder made, I was able to play versus with a couple of friends.

First thing I can say is that the new infected are some very VERY welcomed fixes. In L4D, most if not ALL the infected relied on one single thing: Ambush. And the only thing that could start an ambush was a random horde, a tank, or a boomer to vomit on the survivors to get them distracted. And since tanks are rare, that takes out one of the 3 things. All the infected in L4D lacked alot of offensive power, which was needed to kill the survivors.

In L4D2 while there are more ambush tactics needed, there are pure offense infected now. The Charger is great for getting solid hits in before dying and can knock survivors off to ledges, the Spitter can block off paths making them take more damage from the horde, and The Jockey can drag survivors into hazards like hordes, Spitter acid, or even to witches. There are alot more tactics to do yes, but it no longer feels like a chore to actually play versus anymore.

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 05:56:45 PM
chore to actually play versus anymore.

Wooot!

Also can you give more info on the demo. Im not sure whats in it.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: ARTgames on November 05, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 05:56:45 PM
chore to actually play versus anymore.

Wooot!

Also can you give more info on the demo. Im not sure whats in it.

New Orleans is !@#$ed (again), someone was sick enough to make Boomer Bile into a throwable grenade, Coach looks like Uncle Phil, Jockey is the best zombie evar, and Adrenaline is the new pills.

Hell if you want more info, go download the demo.

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 06:40:36 PM

Howly crap really? i thought the demo was only for people who pre ordered.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: ARTgames on November 05, 2009, 06:47:40 PM

No the people who pre ordered it got an early week start on the demo. The demo came out for all this Tuesday.

Mr Pwnage

I've been playing the demo for the past week now. I also stumbled upon a plugin for the server I host for it...The plug-in basically decrypted all the encryption locking versus mode, so that with a few commands into the console, I can turn into the special infected...and it is fully funtional. In other words...I am playing versus early...yay hacks! (If anybody else has the demo for PC and wants to try out the versus, tell me, and I'll see what I can do. Playing the charger is hella fun...spitter is amazing for keeping people in-capped...jockey for the luls. Nough said. Adios.

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on November 05, 2009, 06:47:40 PM

No the people who pre ordered it got an early week start on the demo. The demo came out for all this Tuesday.

Shows how little i know about the game. Ill boot up steam and take a gander. Is it also out for 360?

Pat

Low violence is terrible! For those cursed with this version-more-frightening-than-the-game-itself do this:
Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\steam_appid
change 590 to 510 and close it
Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2\Steam.inf
change appID=590 to appID=510
Open up steam but don't launch L4D2 through it instead run the application from the common\left 4 dead 2 demo directory and it should now have full gore!

Also while its up, my friend is running a server with hacks etc on it:
118.209.49.69:27015
You can play as infected by typing into the console:
set_infected 1
and theres a maximum of 18 survivors, its funny.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pat on November 06, 2009, 12:23:52 AM
Low violence is terrible! For those cursed with this version-more-frightening-than-the-game-itself do this:
Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\steam_appid
change 590 to 510 and close it
Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2\Steam.inf
change appID=590 to appID=510
Open up steam but don't launch L4D2 through it instead run the application from the common\left 4 dead 2 demo directory and it should now have full gore!

Also while its up, my friend is running a server with hacks etc on it:
118.209.49.69:27015
You can play as infected by typing into the console:
set_infected 1
and theres a maximum of 18 survivors, its funny.
Yeah, he must be running the same plug in I am on my server because that is the same command I use too. Isn't that charger so cool? I just love it.

Pat

The jockey can be pretty fun if you know how to use it.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.