News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Left4Dead 2

Started by Turkey, September 16, 2009, 02:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pat on November 07, 2009, 12:35:56 AM
The jockey can be pretty fun if you know how to use it.
No kidding. And honestly once you figure out how it operates...you almost always incapacitate somebody with it way far away from the group. It is almost TOO easy since it has 325 health. I've learned a trick...once you on somebody, rotate your cursor so that your back (the jockey's back) isn't facing them so that it is really hard to shoot you.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 07, 2009, 10:25:41 AM
No kidding. And honestly once you figure out how it operates...you almost always incapacitate somebody with it way far away from the group. It is almost TOO easy since it has 325 health. I've learned a trick...once you on somebody, rotate your cursor so that your back (the jockey's back) isn't facing them so that it is really hard to shoot you.

Yeah I like how the Jockey works even better with green health survivors, since they move faster when you ride them. So like say all the others are yellow, and one guy is green. If they're distracted, ride him and the yellow guys wont be able to catch up.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 07, 2009, 11:20:44 AM

Yeah I like how the Jockey works even better with green health survivors, since they move faster when you ride them. So like say all the others are yellow, and one guy is green. If they're distracted, ride him and the yellow guys wont be able to catch up.
Oh, seriously? Wow, you learn something new everyday. And you know, that's also good because usually when playing versus, you target all the red/yellow people with low health. The jockey, you'd do the opposite. You'd target the people with the most health and make them backtrack the farthest to split the group out more. I like the whole logic behind this new infected, good observation.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 07, 2009, 02:17:47 PM

Oh, seriously? Wow, you learn something new everyday. And you know, that's also good because usually when playing versus, you target all the red/yellow people with low health. The jockey, you'd do the opposite. You'd target the people with the most health and make them backtrack the farthest to split the group out more. I like the whole logic behind this new infected, good observation.

Pfft, backtrack? When I play Jockey I drag those sons a' bitches to witches (see what I did there) and into spitter goo. It's a smokers job to make survivors backtrack. That or a Jockey that just wants to waste time I guess.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 07, 2009, 03:39:30 PM

Pfft, backtrack? When I play Jockey I drag those sons a' bitches to witches (see what I did there) and into spitter goo. It's a smokers job to make survivors backtrack. That or a Jockey that just wants to waste time I guess.
Your assuming there's always an abundance of spitter acid and witches in play...but you'd be surprised, I've dragged survivors on several accounts from the ending safe room all the way very close back to the first point in the first chapter. Good stuff.

Pat

Someone threw a molotov at me and I dragged them into it and they died, ha.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2009, 12:14:33 AM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 07, 2009, 03:39:30 PM

Your assuming there's always an abundance of spitter acid and witches in play...but you'd be surprised, I've dragged survivors on several accounts from the ending safe room all the way very close back to the first point in the first chapter. Good stuff.

Well the thing is, there's always danger, weither it's witches, spitter goo, boomers, hordes, fire, ect.

It's nearly possible to get a incap every time you get to play Jockey, if you're one damn good Jockey.

DarkBlade325

Double post win:

I was lookin' around and I found this video. Something new I found out is that Chargers throw their victim into the ceiling if they're under one. That's !@#$in' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnTiRGv2bT4

stick d00d

man i'm debating whether to get borderlands or this for my pc.. might have to get both :D

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 08, 2009, 05:46:27 AM
Double post win:

I was lookin' around and I found this video. Something new I found out is that Chargers throw their victim into the ceiling if they're under one. That's !@#$in' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnTiRGv2bT4
Yeah, I noticed that too. Apparently it does more damage when they hit them against the ceiling.

sk8terboi

got it yesterday. beat it xD. i love versus because of the new infected lol.
[SSSS]

Josh

Quote from: Pat on October 01, 2009, 10:21:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games Look how many games are banned in Australia and why.
Left 4 Dead 2 Refused classification as it failed to gain a MA15+ rating. An edited version with all the gore taken out has been released.[6]

:( Pretty messed up.....
I dont have xbox360 or ps3 And pc games never work for me. It sounds alright i watched a couple vids i guees i might get it.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Josh on November 27, 2009, 08:50:22 PM
Quote from: Pat on October 01, 2009, 10:21:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games Look how many games are banned in Australia and why.
Left 4 Dead 2 Refused classification as it failed to gain a MA15+ rating. An edited version with all the gore taken out has been released.[6]

:( Pretty messed up.....
I dont have xbox360 or ps3 And pc games never work for me. It sounds alright i watched a couple vids i guees i might get it.

There are ways to disable the low gore setting through some file editing. Search around google.

Pat

If it's anything like the demo, it will be a 5 second job, otherwise you will be able to download something to patch it up. I'm interested in buying it but everyone seems to be getting CTDs and I don't want to waste my money on a game that doesn't work.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Pat on November 27, 2009, 09:07:58 PM
If it's anything like the demo, it will be a 5 second job, otherwise you will be able to download something to patch it up. I'm interested in buying it but everyone seems to be getting CTDs and I don't want to waste my money on a game that doesn't work.

I bought it today, gone through all the campaigns. I personally never had a problem. Also the new campaigns = mind blown.