News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Little Big Planet

Started by HamsterPants, October 19, 2009, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on October 20, 2009, 05:42:24 PM
MGS bores the happy shit outta me. Dunno why people wet their pants over it..

Because we are the ones that have an attention span longer than 30 seconds and can enjoy a good storyline as opposed to those who's attention lasts as long as it takes to hear the next beat in the rave music long enough to make sure they step on panel X for dance dance revolution.

Don't worry, it's just that we've evolved more, there's nothing to be ashamed of, there's nothing you can do at this point.

And to Art: If you're implying that there are other games with better story lines, please do tell.  I'm not being sarcastic, I would really like to know, as that it what hooks me on the series.  I would however like to restate in that the Metal Gear (Solid) SERIES combines to have the most in-depth storyline I've ever encountered in a game.  Even on a game by game basis it is amazing, and far better than almost all other games, but put them all together, and it's mind-blowing.  There are other games that grasp me, such as FF VII when that first came out as well as other games with plot twists and intense action, but combined, I can't think of anything that compares to MG(S).

ARTgames

@Scotty
Well its a matter of what kind of games you like. But i have only watched the end of MGS4 and it made me cry. (because its sad, not because it was bad.) But i think the older Nintendo RPG's had good video game story.

But I was wounding what other games you played. I was "implying that there are other games with better story lines" but i also wanted to know what other games you compared this to.

Scotty

Quote from: ARTgames on October 20, 2009, 07:28:35 PM
@Scotty
Well its a matter of what kind of games you like. But i have only watched the end of MGS4 and it made me cry. (because its sad, not because it was bad.) But i think the older Nintendo RPG's had good video game story.

But I was wounding what other games you played. I was "implying that there are other games with better story lines" but i also wanted to know what other games you compared this to.

I mostly play RPGs, such as the Final Fantasy series for example.  Some of the storylines are great, some aren't.  Other games that at least look like they have potential (even though i haven't played them yet) would be games like Uncharted 2.  Game looks like it has a lot of potential for a good storyline, as well as plenty of old school RPGs.  Unfortunately though, I can't really recall too much about them, because I played them well over 10 years ago.  Something like FF3 for the SNES was fantastic.  I do remember that, but it had no where near the amount of depth as the MG(S) series.

ARTgames

When does LBP come out on psp?

@scotty
I never really played a FF game. So i dont know how good they were. Same with MGS games. But seeing you do play a lot of RPG's i know what your comparing it to. That is what i wanted to know. Thank you.