News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Borderlands

Started by Cactuscat222, October 21, 2009, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Borderlands is a game I recently learned about, and I got attached to it right as I read it. It already came out for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but won't be released for the PC until next week. I'm at odds on whether to get it for console or PC.

This was stolen from the Gamestop website:
Quote* FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style.
    * Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific character skill sets.
    * Radical New Art Style: Fresh and distinctive new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person genre.
    * Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction.
    * Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions.
    * Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming?s most consistent and respected developers.

I really want to get it, primarily because I love anything Co-op, especially FPS's. I've spent hours of my life playing Halo, L4D, Diablo, etc. etc. with family and friends, and this game (from the reviews I read) basically said its like Diablo in the sense of Loot, but high action FPS. The weapons, terrains, dungeons, enemies, everything is generated as you play it, so you get a different experience everytime. Only thing I don't like so far is that the most you can do with your character looks is change the colors.

Anyone else hear about it? Thoughts?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

Been wanting to pre download & install it via steam, but I am poor as !@#$ right now. So that's just a distant want right now.

ARTgames

Now i have not played this game. I have only seen screen shots of it. Im not commenting about game play (it looks fun but idk) but there something im starting to see more and more often.

The graphics of this game, or in a matter of fact most of the game that has came out in the last 2 years look all the same with some different here and there. I don't think this is because the people who make the game are unoriginal but the hardware the game runs on seems to have a limits and features that ever one uses. And this leaks over into the pc side because most games of these kind are made for 360 and ported over to other stuff.

Or they are using a game engine that is used by other games. If thats true than my bad. >_<

EpicPhailure

Yeah, supposedly, there's like. 17 thousand weapons in the game, primarily because of the constantly changing weapon stats.

hartless!

actually there are over a few million weapons in the game, its weapon system is similer to diablos ex. stinging blinding long masters sword of a thousand heroes of doom

Torch

I'll probably ask for it for christmas. Looks pretty cool.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: hartless! on October 21, 2009, 09:47:41 PM
actually there are over a few million weapons in the game, its weapon system is similer to diablos ex. stinging blinding long masters sword of a thousand heroes of doom

I actually read a comment saying there was like. 17 million in the game. I just wasn't sure about it, because it seemed a little exaggerated.

Lingus

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on October 21, 2009, 05:19:46 PM
Been wanting to pre download & install it via steam, but I am poor as !@#$ right now. So that's just a distant want right now.
Same. I saw the ad on steam and was interested in it.

Quote from: ARTgames on October 21, 2009, 09:27:14 PM
Now i have not played this game. I have only seen screen shots of it. Im not commenting about game play (it looks fun but idk) but there something im starting to see more and more often.

The graphics of this game, or in a matter of fact most of the game that has came out in the last 2 years look all the same with some different here and there. I don't think this is because the people who make the game are unoriginal but the hardware the game runs on seems to have a limits and features that ever one uses. And this leaks over into the pc side because most games of these kind are made for 360 and ported over to other stuff.

Or they are using a game engine that is used by other games. If thats true than my bad. >_<
I see what you're saying. The graphics looks similar to the new Prince of Persia. I think it's the sort of cell shading effect that they use. Apparently it uses the Unreal engine.

ARTgames

Which game i using Unreal engine?

Lingus

Borderlands. From what I've read.

Cactuscat222

I've gotten it, and it is really quite fun. :D

I really love its look, and the way it plays - so if anyone else has gotten it for the PC/Steam, let me know, and we should hit it up, co-op style.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pat

My friend showed me this and it looks fantastic! Definitely buying this when I have enough cash. I wish it was more massively multiplayer but it still looks great.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Trogdor

I recently played it at my friend's house, and the co-op is pretty fun. It reminds me a bit of WoW with the green/blue/purple items and the three talent trees. So far I've only played the hunter, and I have to say I love sending my bird out to maim skags. ;)
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

EpicPhailure

Yeah, bloodwing is pretty kickass. It can save you in a lot of bad situations...such as being killed by a Badass Bruiser as you send it out, only to get an almost instantaneous Second Wind as your bloodwing slaughters an unlucky Bandit.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 31, 2009, 08:15:42 PM
Yeah, bloodwing is pretty kickass. It can save you in a lot of bad situations...such as being killed by a Badass Bruiser as you send it out, only to get an almost instantaneous Second Wind as your bloodwing slaughters an unlucky Bandit.

Do you have the game for the PC?