News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Borderlands

Started by Cactuscat222, October 21, 2009, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Nope. I was watching a blind run Co-op Let's Play where the player had done that without realizing what had happened.

Cactuscat222

Then get it so we can play! D:<

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

I got it about 3 days ago, really enjoying it so far. Ive also been dicking around with a Bloodwing glitch that lets you have like 10 of the little bastards. I got kicked from a server from doing it on an elevator and making us fall through the elevator, rendering the host's game uncompleteable* :D. That was a good day.

*You can just leave the map area, then come back and the elevator would be back down, but I dunno if they figured that out or not after I got kicked.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 03:19:11 AM
I got it about 3 days ago, really enjoying it so far. Ive also been dicking around with a Bloodwing glitch that lets you have like 10 of the little bastards. I got kicked from a server from doing it on an elevator and making us fall through the elevator, rendering the host's game uncompleteable* :D. That was a good day.

*You can just leave the map area, then come back and the elevator would be back down, but I dunno if they figured that out or not after I got kicked.

Haha, nice. We must play together - my steam name is 'cactuscat222', heh. I beat the game yesterday, and started up on my second playthrough. I have to say, the second play through is MUCH harder, but also seems to be much more fun, even on single player.

The ending of this game, though, pretty much sucks. But at least they already have announced a new content DLC for it.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 06, 2009, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on November 05, 2009, 03:19:11 AM

Haha, nice. We must play together - my steam name is 'cactuscat222', heh. I beat the game yesterday, and started up on my second playthrough. I have to say, the second play through is MUCH harder, but also seems to be much more fun, even on single player.

The ending of this game, though, pretty much sucks. But at least they already have announced a new content DLC for it.

Do you gotta pay for the DLC? My guess is since VALVe did not make the game, yeah they're gonna make us pay...

stick d00d

would you recommend this game over Dragon Age Quest? because these are both games that i want and i can only buy 1 sadly  :-\

DarkBlade325

Quote from: stick d00d on November 06, 2009, 10:43:36 AM
would you recommend this game over Dragon Age Quest? because these are both games that i want and i can only buy 1 sadly  :-\

I can't really help you there, as ironic as this might sound saying not long ago Ive been enjoying Borderlands, I hate those MMORPG types. (So why do I like Borderlands? Read on.) It sucks because I always liked the style they take, building up a character standing out of the crowd. The only problem, most of them don't have much gameplay. How many MMORPGs have you played where you just click an enemy, then watch a little animation where numbers appear above the heads of your enemies? It bores me to no end and it makes me wonder how the hell WoW is so popular when it does the exact same shit as all the freeware games. I loved Fallout 3 and Borderlands simply because they were able to mix the idea of character building/rpg elements with action and a simple style (a.k.a Fallout 3's armor usually just buffs defense with little additions to stats here and there, and Borderlands gives you shields. No armor, just keeping it simple) that I can actually enjoy. To be fair there are some out there that I actually played and liked, so I'm not completely giving up on it right now. Who knows maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm too picky. [END]Rant[/END]

I don't know much about Dragon Age, but I think it takes on that similar style, and I think it has an RTS style gameplay on the PC as well, but I'm not into that either. I don't have much info because after seeing a couple of videos of it and seeing that all you do is click an enemy and watch the fight along with troop leading, it lost my interest pretty fast. If someone has more info about it and if it's more than just "Click an enemy, watch them die" gameplay, feel free to correct me and shun me, I don't care.

If you like FPS over RPG, but still like the RPG elements, then yeah Borderlands would probably be the way to go.

stick d00d

is borderlands only worth buying if you can play online? because atm i have this shit internet that wont connect on my ps3 >.>

Cactuscat222

If you ask reviewers, they would tell you "Yeah, it will suck unless you can play with friends or people online". Alot of people think it sucks single player, and once you start playing Co-op, it is TONS of fun.

I have to say though, I had quite a good time playing it single player. It wasn't bad, it was still fun and high action - but it was indeed easier and the AI isn't very smart. (Though, Playthrough #2 makes it MUCH HARDER and more fun, even on single player).

Of course, co-op is more fun still. Everytime I hopped on with my brothers, it became more challenging and more fun to play - but I would still say its worth it single-player wise as well.

stick d00d

yea pretty much all fps games are only worth it if you can play online, COD for example.. i might just get borderlands on my pc so i can play online and single.. i 'd rather play dragon age on my ps3 anyways

Pat

Dude that is the most bullshit I've ever heard, you just don't have a taste for good games.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DarkBlade325

The Duels in game are also pretty damn fun, if not a bit unfair at times at the last second the other guy pulls a orange name color'd rocket launcher and OHKOs you. Some of the line the Hunter says when issuing a challenge is pretty damn hilarious, if not odd. He goes crazy saying "He staring at you, Bloodwing? HE LOOKIN' AT YOU BLOOD!?".

EpicPhailure

Oh yeah. Late game, there are some crazy ass launchers in the Items of the Day too.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 07, 2009, 12:49:17 AM
Oh yeah. Late game, there are some crazy ass launchers in the Items of the Day too.

I managed to get a orange color'd smg with an insane fire rate, x4 flame damage, and if you combine the Bloodwing skill that slows your target down, then start spraying him with this thing, he dies insanely fast.

Not long ago I went up a soldier who pulled a rocket launcher on the start, and I still managed to win somehow :D.

Cactuscat222

Funny you should mention that - during my first playthrough, the most powerful launcher I found was a 550 damage one. (I also found a Helix one that shot 3 rockets in a spiral, those are the coolest). Then, right at the beginning of the second playthrough, right when the first vendors open, the item of the day was a freaking purple 1500 damage launcher.

I will be honest though, I think launchers are the most underpowered for PvE at least... they never seem to hit, and if they do, the damage never seems to splash.