News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Some sections shouldn't add to post count...

Started by Mr Pwnage, October 22, 2009, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Well seeing as karma is also linked to post count...I think we should eliminate gaining post count from sections such as "Forum Games". Just using him as an example, 11Clock has gotten to the highest karma on the forum over the course of a week or 2. In addition to karma, post count affects member titles...so I don't think somebody should be a "Heroic Member" if they play a couple of Stick Mafia games...I am not going to bother going into further detail as I am sure you all understand where I am coming from. So are we in agreement here?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Torch

I just ignore member titles and karma levels. I guess for people that do care, it would make sense to eliminate forum games.

Turkey

I thought it already didn't count.
I just kinda started noticing today that people had a lot of posts and i have never seen them post.

Mystery

This is why on the Hang Out, Forum Games didn't add to post count, Not because of reputation, but because if posts did count there, tons more people could've gotten into the elite section.

I've gotten tons of posts and rep this way, and even I agree.  This needs to be changed.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

NotoriousM4^

Definitely, I've been wondering why people have so many posts already, I mean I'm a pretty active member on here,  but I'm not really a fan of too many forum games... So I only have 88 posts, and I've been registered since June 29th. Other people already have 200+ posts.

Lucifer

OH NOES... MORE POST COUNT OBVIOUSLY MEANS THEY'RE FAR MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME!

Chaos

Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 01:43:43 AM

Well, considering the karma system is partially affected by your post count, it certainly makes the feature pointless if people only have high karma because they post a bajillion posts in games.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Quote from: Chaos on October 23, 2009, 02:20:36 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 01:43:43 AM

Well, considering the karma system is partially affected by your post count, it certainly makes the feature pointless if people only have high karma because they post a bajillion posts in games.
OH NOES... MORE KARMA OBVIOUSLY MEANS THEY'RE FAR MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME!

Trogdor

Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 03:39:25 AM

I think what Chaos was trying to say is if we're going to have the karma feature, it might as well work as intended.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Mr Pwnage

I just want you all to keep in mind, while choosing to disregard a system is all well in good for you, "not-caring" doesn't actually solve the problem, unfortunately. So while I see both where Lucifer and Torch are coming from, and I understand you 2 usually don't like to post content within the realms of the general populous view...it's not exactly what I'm after with this topic, when you say that you'd like to just ignore it. I am trying to better the system so it doesn't have to be something you ignore.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Chaos

Quote from: Trogdor on October 23, 2009, 03:49:32 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 03:39:25 AM

I think what Chaos was trying to say is if we're going to have the karma feature, it might as well work as intended.

That is EXACTLY what I'm saying.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

D:, was just joking. I'm not coming in here and telling you that you shouldn't care, just making fun of you for doing so, lulz.

Thought that was pretty dang obvious, by my super serious bsns caps lock.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 04:26:51 PM
D:, was just joking. I'm not coming in here and telling you that you shouldn't care, just making fun of you for doing so, lulz.

Thought that was pretty dang obvious, by my super serious bsns caps lock.
Yeah, it was obvious that you didn't care, yes.

Lucifer

Ah but I do care! Well, as much as the devil can, anyways.
It is of my opinion that forums are better off without any kind of reputation or karma system whatsoever, as well as post counts. I am not in fact just posting here because I don't care and I just want to spam the topic and waste your time.

Torch

Quote from: Lucifer on October 23, 2009, 05:39:55 PM
Ah but I do care! Well, as much as the devil can, anyways.
It is of my opinion that forums are better off without any kind of reputation or karma system whatsoever, as well as post counts. I am not in fact just posting here because I don't care and I just want to spam the topic and waste your time.
I agree with that. I read many more topics than I post in. A post count just adds incentive for people to post in a topic where their post doesn't really contribute to the discussion. That's pretty much why I don't give a shit about member titles.

A reputation system, however, isn't necessarily a bad thing, but shouldn't be determined by post count. Having people give you rep for well though-out posts and de-repping you for bad posts gives people an idea of what kind of member you are. As of now, the rep system basically determines a person's rep by whether or not they play Stick Mafia or Fight Game.