News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Torch, November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Just bought it today on the PS3. Played the online for about 4 hours straight without any noticeable lag. The grenade spam from COD4 has completely disappeared with the removal of 3x frag and martyrdom, as well as a noticable decrease in grenade strength. The maps are bigger, better, and cater well to all weapons. No weapon was noticeably overpowered from the short amount of time I played, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with all the different weapons and perks that were available to me.

The number of weapons is completely ridiculous. You have around 10 assault rifles, 10 SMGs, 5 LMGs, and 5 Sniper Rifles. You also have a ton of secondary weapons including close to 10 automatic pistols, 7 handguns, 10 launchers, and 6 shotguns. Each weapon and secondary have around 7 different attachments that vary by gun and are unlocked in different ways. There are 3 different special grenades and 8 different regular "equipment" (frags, thowing knives, claymores, etc) The level of variety is insane.

The perks are all useful and none of them look like they're game-ruining. There are about 6 different perks for each of the 3 perk tiers, for a total of 18 perks. There are also 15 kill-streak rewards, from which you are able to choose 3.

The graphics are beautiful and there is 0 FPS lag. If you have a 360 or PS3 and have online set up, you need to get this game.

God-I-Suck

Wow, I knew Modern Warfare 2 is amazing. But after reading this, I think it's even more amazing. Definitely getting it ASAP. Saw some game play videos, looks AWESOME. Also, is the riot shield thing a main weapon? Have you ever used it?

Torch

Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 10, 2009, 09:33:07 PM
Wow, I knew Modern Warfare 2 is amazing. But after reading this, I think it's even more amazing. Definitely getting it ASAP. Saw some game play videos, looks AWESOME. Also, is the riot shield thing a main weapon? Have you ever used it?
The riot shield is indeed a main weapon. It's in one of the default classes and is available in create-a-class from the start. I haven't used it yet, I've mostly been sniping with the new and improved ACOG scope (which replaced that god-aweful triangle with a red dot). I'll probably try out the riot shield when i play capture the flag or something.

ARTgames

Does any one have the game for pc?

Pat

The only complaint I have is that I just can't aim well on a PS3. You should see my god-like skill on COD4 on Xbox, but don't look into that 8)
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Lucifer

Quote from: Torch on November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM
The grenade spam from COD4 has completely disappeared with the removal of 3x frag and martyrdom
Oh thank god... I swear that's all everyone did in Cod4. Martydrom, Last stand, Grenade Spam, P90 Spray. Pansies, all of im.
How 'bout grenade launchers, any change?

Torch

Quote from: Lucifer on November 11, 2009, 12:55:40 AM
Quote from: Torch on November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM
The grenade spam from COD4 has completely disappeared with the removal of 3x frag and martyrdom
Oh thank god... I swear that's all everyone did in Cod4. Martydrom, Last stand, Grenade Spam, P90 Spray. Pansies, all of im.
How 'bout grenade launchers, any change?
Grenade launchers still exist but the "sonic boom" equivalent" has a really high level requirement to unlock and the tubes themselves are bout as powerful as the new grenades (much less powerful than in COD4).

@Pat_Stix: I can't aim when I play on my friend's 360. You'll get used to it.

Epsilon72200

Wow, I didn't know they were improving it that much.
I loved COD4, and the fact that they're adding so much to it + removing the most annoying parts (I got killed by martyrdom so many freakin' times thinking "Oh he's dead, it must be safe now! *Grenade warning pops up*
OH SH-" *Bam*)
But thanks alot for the info. Glad to hear the PS3 servers have less lag, as that is the platform I will be getting it for.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

EpicPhailure

My friend told me he was able to dual wield Deagles and SMGs or something after preordering it. Does that apply for multiplayer?

Titan

There are dual machine pistols(side arm)
Horribly inacurate though(sense you can't aim down the sights or anything)
Livin' in a lonely world.

Pat

There are dual versions of all pistols I think. I've found m9's, deagles, vectors, g18s and rangers.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Torch

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 11, 2009, 12:29:29 PM
My friend told me he was able to dual wield Deagles and SMGs or something after preordering it. Does that apply for multiplayer?
You can dual-wield all SMGs and all secondary weapons, except rocket launchers.

LeGuy

Awesome game, I got it yesterday. I'm still adjusting to the new scopes and the blood-splatter effects when you're hurt, and for some reason I am suddenly really, really bad at online play, (about a 3 to 10 kill-death ratio) but nonetheless an amazing game. Purchase it right now.
Whee!

stick d00d

i'm sooo pissed, i was waiting forever for this game to finally release, and guess what? i can't use my new internet on my ps3, STUPID ASS USB MODEMS ^%$%!! /rant...... yea my parents decide oh hey we need a cheaper internet lets just get this piece of crap that disconnects constantly... i don't think anyone can understand my pain..

Scotty

That's funny, I've read nothing but negative reviews.  I think the user average on IGN for the PC version at least has it at below 2/10.  Granted most of the reviews are dealing with the online multiplayer, so I can't be too certain how good the single player is for the game (the storyline for MW1 was fantastic though, hopefully this isn't too bad).  People are rather irritated with IW for a lot of things like lack of dedicated server support, limiting online to 9v9, I heard there wasn't even a kick function for the annoying little squeaky kids that'll ruin the games (oh, wrong place to say that).  They've taken out the mods, killed the replay value, and someone mentioned the single player only taking 4 hours to complete.

Anyone else get the PC version and can confirm any of this?