News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Torch, November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

Quote from: Scotty on November 11, 2009, 06:48:43 PM
That's funny, I've read nothing but negative reviews.  I think the user average on IGN for the PC version at least has it at below 2/10.  Granted most of the reviews are dealing with the online multiplayer, so I can't be too certain how good the single player is for the game (the storyline for MW1 was fantastic though, hopefully this isn't too bad).  People are rather irritated with IW for a lot of things like lack of dedicated server support, limiting online to 9v9, I heard there wasn't even a kick function for the annoying little squeaky kids that'll ruin the games (oh, wrong place to say that).  They've taken out the mods, killed the replay value, and someone mentioned the single player only taking 4 hours to complete.

Anyone else get the PC version and can confirm any of this?
that is very disappointing, if it is true, because i may have to get it for my PC.. but now im having doubts :\

ARTgames

Quote from: stick d00d on November 11, 2009, 06:56:18 PM
That's funny, I've read nothing but negative reviews.  I think the user average on IGN for the PC version at least has it at below 2/10.  Granted most of the reviews are dealing with the online multiplayer, so I can't be too certain how good the single player is for the game (the storyline for MW1 was fantastic though, hopefully this isn't too bad).  People are rather irritated with IW for a lot of things like lack of dedicated server support, limiting online to 9v9, I heard there wasn't even a kick function for the annoying little squeaky kids that'll ruin the games (oh, wrong place to say that).  They've taken out the mods, killed the replay value, and someone mentioned the single player only taking 4 hours to complete.

that is very disappointing, if it is true, because i may have to get it for my PC.. but now im having doubts :\

Also, no easy mod support.

Telling by the reviews and the cod podcast no decanted servers. Which is like making a Harley with no rumble. I'm w8ing for a certain friend to buy it and ill decide for sure then. Other than that no just get it for 360 or ps3.

EpicPhailure

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of youtube videos about the lack of dedicated servers for online play. Pretty bullshit in my opinion.

Turkey

Quote from: ARTgames on November 11, 2009, 07:09:37 PM
Telling by the reviews and the cod podcast no decanted servers. Which is like making a Harley with no rumble. I'm w8ing for a certain friend to buy it and ill decide for sure then. Other than that no.
:-X

Scotty

That was the downfall of the SOCOM franchise for the longest time.  They wouldn't support dedicated servers for PS play.  Each individual game was hosted by another player, so for all we could assume, each game could be hosted on a crap connection, and we'd all lag out.  If the guy's internet crapped out, we were done.  It disappointing, I'm just wondering if it's the same for PS3 play or not, because I can always pick it up for the PS3 instead (would actually almost prefer that regardless of the bad rep its getting).  

Jake

What you heard was correct. It looks like IW was trying to make all versions of the game identical, and obviously PC gamers are pissed now. It's literally a bunch of flaming morons complaining non-stop about how they are SOOO not buying it and how IW can goto hell and die a horrible death. I guess they don't realize that no one is forcing them to buy the game...

I'm not saying that IW didn't make a bad decision, but I definitely don't think it warrants the back lash from PC gamers. Some of the complaints are unfounded too, like the limit of 9v9. Having too many players on maps that weren't designed for it can ruin the experience. The problem is, people feel that more players = higher quality, and that's just not true.

As of now, they still have it better than game consoles (except maybe for the lack of a lot of people playing).

Anyway, the game itself is expertly made, has amazing graphics on all fronts, runs solidly at 60 fps (on consoles at least), and has massive amounts of content. The single player comes in at 5 hours from what I have noticed, but it's because IW has always gone for quality over quantity. The single player is a thrill ride through and through, and I'm looking forward to coming back to replay some of the awesome missions in the game. The story definitely suffers in spite of the gameplay, simply because IW aimed to deliver a thrill ride rather than an intriguing story. Spec-ops mode is practically an extension of the single player, and thats another 7 hours of play time at least.

At the very least, it's one of the best games I've ever played, and it's going to be the highlight of Live and PSN for sometime to come.

ARTgames

The problem with that statement is thats how it was in all the other call of duty games and people on the pc liked it. And there was always servers with less people if you did not like it. Eather way they should have made matchmaking a choice.

Non the less that was not the only point to having Dedicated servers. There more to it than a to have a lot of people.

JollyRoger

I haven't had a chance to delve into multiplayer yet, but I just completed the campaign.  The story is was intense the whole way through, and quite gruesome at times.  If you're the faint of heart, I'd recommend opting to skip the mission when is asks (as it is quite disturbing).

ARTgames

Is it more cinema(cant think of the word.) than cod4? Because that is what i really liked about cod4 story mode.

EpicPhailure

God-I-Suck

Torch

Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 11, 2009, 11:18:29 PM
My friends list from Xbox.com..

That's pretty much what my PSN friend list looks like. Come join the fun.

LeGuy

Haha. Torch, we totally need to do some Team Deathmatch together and polish off my rusty multiplayer skills.
Whee!

Torch

Quote from: LeGuy on November 12, 2009, 12:31:19 AM
Haha. Torch, we totally need to do some Team Deathmatch together and polish off my rusty multiplayer skills.
Indeed we do. DO i have you on PSN? My K/D ratio is hovering at 1.50.

stick d00d

man i really wish  i could join u guys, stupid internet for ps3 hasn't worked since june..not buying the game til i get it working... can anyone reply to my usb modem topic please? i really need some help thx(or just pm me)