News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Torch, November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

QuoteActing as a dead body only further cloaks me into the surroundings.
THATS MY IDEA! how dare you take that from me. :D I like laying in heavenly traffic areas and lay out c4.

QuoteLMGs have the largest clips in the game
wrong. All mounted guns have inf amo. :) But with guns you make classes with the yeah. But i dont see the need.

Quotedeal very high damage
not all of them.

Quoteand most importantly AREN'T AFFECTED BY DISTANCE.
true but most of them have bad accuracy. not all yes, but some.

QuoteLMGs and Sniper Rifles are the only guns in the game that don't lose damage over distance.
Well mounted guns, rockets, noob tube, 1887 before patch(:P), don't ether. but yeah thats true.

QuoteSome of the LMGs can 2-shot-kill from across the map with stopping power.
Well the only LMG that i can seem to get that to work is with the RPK.

Torch

@Art:

Shotguns fire 6 or 8 shells at a time (depending on the shotgun) and each bullet decreases in damage by range, including the 1887s before the patch. Shotguns are unique in that at a certain distance, the bullets disappear.

Explosive weapons aren't guns. The RPD and L86 LSW both are 2-shot-kills. I wasn't including the turrets for extremely obvious reasons. Having a large clip means that you won't have to reload as often. You are vulnerable while you are reloading. How aren't big clips useful?

ARTgames

Quote from: Torch on January 21, 2010, 06:08:51 PM
Shotguns fire 6 or 8 shells at a time (depending on the shotgun) and each bullet decreases in damage by range, including the 1887s before the patch. Shotguns are unique in that at a certain distance, the bullets disappear.
That one was a joke.

QuoteExplosive weapons aren't guns.
Well i was not dealing with just Explosive was i. I said rockets and noob tube. And they fit under the definition of gun.

Quote from: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=0Mm&defl=en&q=define:gun&ei=4uNYS7iMC5PoM875hd4E&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAcQkAE
Definitions of gun on the Web:
a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
Are you going to argue that a rocket launcher/noob tube does not do this? They are both weapon's and they both discharges a missile at high velocity. is that not true?

QuoteThe RPD and L86 LSW both are 2-shot-kills.
thank you. ill take a look into those.  is LSW the last lmg u onlock?

QuoteI wasn't including the turrets for extremely obvious reasons.
that was also a joke.

QuoteHaving a large clip means that you won't have to reload as often. You are vulnerable while you are reloading. How aren't big clips useful?
I think the way the LMG utilizes its amo makes you use more to get the job done. That pulse the reload time makes me rather have a smaller clip that reloads faster. I feel the assault rifle clip holds the rounds to get the job done and still lets you have more mobility to aim and move to kill people.

Torch

LSW is the first LMG you get. By definition, the explosive weapons you listed are guns, however, pretty much everyone who hears the word "gun" thinks of something that shoots bullets, not an RPG. If you really care about technicalities, I'll rephrase what I said.

LMGs and Sniper Rifles are the only bullet-shooting guns in the game that don't lose damage over distance.

LMGs have similar accuracies to assault rifles. I find them about as efficient at killing people. Many of the LMGs have a 100 round magazine (200 with extended mags), and are 2-shot-kills. You also get 200 bullets in starting ammo. This means that you could potentially get 50 kills without reloading. A more realistic number is around 15. You will also never need scavenger unless you are a spray-happy nub, as you have 200 bullets without it.

To negate the reload time of the LMG, especially with extended mags, I recommend using One Man Army, as switching to the same class will fill clip faster than reloading, and also restock your ammo. You could use sleight of hand, but because you have no excess ammo when using extended mags, I don't recommend this for EM.

ARTgames

Quote from: Torch on January 21, 2010, 07:10:15 PM
LSW is the first LMG you get. By definition, the explosive weapons you listed are guns, however, pretty much everyone who hears the word "gun" thinks of something that shoots bullets, not an RPG. If you really care about technicalities, I'll rephrase what I said.

LMGs and Sniper Rifles are the only bullet-shooting guns in the game that don't lose damage over distance.
i agree  :D

QuoteLMGs have similar accuracies to assault rifles. I find them about as efficient at killing people. Many of the LMGs have a 100 round magazine (200 with extended mags), and are 2-shot-kills. You also get 200 bullets in starting ammo. This means that you could potentially get 50 kills without reloading. A more realistic number is around 15.
fine

QuoteYou will also never need scavenger unless you are a spray-happy nub, as you have 200 bullets without it.
i beg to differ. scavebger helps every almost evey playing stile.

QuoteTo negate the reload time of the LMG, especially with extended mags, I recommend using One Man Army, as switching to the same class will fill clip faster than reloading, and also restock your ammo. You could use sleight of hand, but because you have no excess ammo when using extended mags, I don't recommend this for EM.
ok ill do that.

the other problem i have with lmgs is they take forever to aim. so do snipers but i think they offer more. just me,.

Torch

Yeah, sleight of hand pro helps with the aiming and lightweight pro helps with bringing the gun up after you run. You shouldn't play this way with an LMG though. The reason people prefer assault rifles to LMGs is because they use LMGs like they would use an assault rifle. Assault rifles are the most versatile guns, however they are outclassed at every range by "speciality guns". SMGs dominate the close quarters, Snipers dominate the long-range, and LMGs dominate the mid-range. Assault rifles are the best all-around guns.

A good LMG player will use the LMG to support his team. He will hang back and find decent cover, from which he can act as a sort of mid-range sniper. You shouldn't be running around like you would with an SMG.

The reason assault rifles are so appealing to people is that they don't require as much tactical skill. People who don't know how to play a specific role in a battle will be drawn towards using assault rifles because they're usable in any situation.

Also, try tactical insertions on your LMG class, it makes your job much easier.

ARTgames

A lot of the time in movies i see the LMG dude being defend by every one while they lead him to a place to get the best shots at the enemy because that's there main fire power. Once he is in a safe place the other people rush out to take care of the people he cant hit. With the sniper defending them all from the back.

Or in other words what you just said. Fine that's ok. I just don't ever see team work like that on a public server which is why i don't see it that much of lmg in use. Do you ever use the lmg Torch?

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 21, 2010, 09:40:47 PM
A lot of the time in movies i see the LMG dude being defend by every one while they lead him to a place to get the best shots at the enemy because that's there main fire power. Once he is in a safe place the other people rush out to take care of the people he cant hit. With the sniper defending them all from the back.

Or in other words what you just said. Fine that's ok. I just don't ever see team work like that on a public server which is why i don't see it that much of lmg in use. Do you ever use the lmg Torch?
I'm trying to get the titles for every weapon in the game, LMGs included, so yeah, I do. So far I've gotten 1000 kills with the RPD, L86 LSW, and the MG4. I forgot to mention that I always put grip on my LMGs. If I'm getting challenges with another attachment, I'll use bling and put grip on as well. Grip's recoil reduction is key.

I find that you don't really need to use teamwork to take advantage of your team. For example, if on the map Rundown (which has a river in the middle and 3 bridges leading over it), you have a teammate on the left bridge, noone on the right bridge, and 3 teammates on the middle bridge. This means that most of the action will be on or around the middle bridge. You should get in a building with a full view of that bridge and provide cover for your team, whether or not they actually realize what you're doing. You should also constantly keep an eye out for flankers on the right bridge, since none of your teammates are near it.

It is easy to tell where the fight is based on your teammates' positions, as well as the direction in which your team is pushing forward. Based on that, you should be able to find cover and give support. Also, watch for when your teammates that are in flanking positions die, as this means that enemies are flanking with silencers. It is considerably easier with better teams, since they are able to defend you much better, but the same tactics can be applied to random matches.

I only play domination nowadays, but this can also be used to a lesser extent in TDM and Demolition.

ARTgames

its a camping gun in other words.

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 21, 2010, 11:59:12 PM
its a camping gun in other words.
Absolutely. If you want to run around, use an SMG or an assault rifle.

ARTgames

Now how about sniper rifles. Which ones do you like a lot? I'm liking the 2k and the beret.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: ARTgames on January 22, 2010, 05:02:00 PM
Now how about sniper rifles. Which ones do you like a lot? I'm liking the 2k and the beret.

I personally use the WA2000 with or without a silencer. If you're going for a silent sniper, pick up that with a silencer, and put on Stopping Power, to cancel out the damage decrease that a silencer puts on it.

Besides the fact that it looks like it's made out of Legos, most people I know use it in higher levels.

EDIT: Quick little note. The WA2000 is NOT the most damaging sniper rifle, HOWEVER, it is the fastest when it comes to shots I believe.

If you're new to sniping, pick up an Intervention or a .50cal. Both of those are considered the best in damage out putting. Equipped with Stopping Power, they kill with either a single headshot, or a body shot. The only time it's not a 1 hit kill, is when you hit their limbs, or if they have the Painkiller death streak on.

However, if you're good at sniping and don't need to rely on bodyshots with Stopping Power, give the WA2000 a shot. It's pretty damn fast.

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 22, 2010, 05:02:00 PM
Little Sniper Rifle rundown:

Silencers on sniper rifles and LMGs decrease damage, while on other guns, they decrease range. This is because sniper rifles and LMGs have infinite range. Stopping power will negate the damage decrease that a silencer adds. A sniper rifle WITHOUT stopping power and WITH a silencer will never one-shot-kill.

The Intervention will oneshotkill WITHOUT stopping power to the head, neck, and chest. WITH stopping power, it can also kill to the lower body. It is bolt-action, has 3rd-smallest clip size of any gun in the game: 5 bullets, 10 with extended mags (2nd is m1014 shotgun and 1st is the ranger), and has the fastest sniper rifle reload time. It has the largest idle sway of all the guns in the game, making ACOG a poor choice for it (as you can't hold your breath). It's recoil bounces the scope back to where you took your last shot, unlike the 50cal.

The Barrett 50Cal has the same damage stats as the intervention. It is semi-automatic and has the largest sniper rifle clip size (10 bullets, 15 with EM). It has the 2nd lowest idle sway of the sniper rifles and has recoil that consistently bounces up and right and comes back, ending a little to the right and up from where you took your shot.

The WA2000 has the same damage stats as the intervention and 50Cal except for that stopping power does not allow you to kill to the lower body. It has the 2nd highest idle sway of the sniper rifles and has the 2nd lowest recoil, allowing you to "spray" shots. It has 6 bullets per clip (12 with EM), and it's recoil does not bounce back to the center.

The M21 EBR WITHOUT stopping power can only oneshotkill to the head (and neck). WITH stopping power, it can also kill to the upper body. It has the lowest recoil and idle sway of all the snipers, making it a very effective "spray rifle". It is also the best rifle to use with a silencer and without stopping power (since all the snipers need 2 shots to kill like this). It has the same clip size as the Barrett 50cal (10 bullets, 15 with EM). It can be used as an incredibly powerful assault rifle with the ACOG attachment.

My personal favorite is the intervention.

ARTgames

intervention with what on it and perks? Like what is your sniper class?

Edit:
Also what is a good site for COD info?

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 24, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
intervention with what on it and perks? Like what is your sniper class?

Edit:
Also what is a good site for COD info?
I use intervention extended mags or thermal with sleight of hand pro, stopping power, and steady aim/ninja/sitrep/commando depending on my secondary. I use a throwing knife and stuns.

I also have a Barrett 50cal class with thermal, smoke grenades, claymores, Scavenger, Cold-Blooded, Ninja/Sitrep.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2