News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Torch, November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yottabyte

This is one of the moments where I want a PS3 or Xbox 360... My PC is kinda old (2005) and I don't think it could take one of these games without lag.
At least if not playing in like the worst quality settings, like I do in Combat Arms. Oh well... you can't have everything.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

stick d00d

You aren't the only one. My ps3 can't connect to the internet, because i have a horrible service that is only slightly better then dial-up. So getting this on my computer (which is only a year old) won't even make a difference because my internet lags on almost every game.

yottabyte

Quote from: stick d00d on November 17, 2009, 05:15:40 PM
You aren't the only one. My ps3 can't connect to the internet, because i have a horrible service that is only slightly better then dial-up. So getting this on my computer (which is only a year old) won't even make a difference because my internet lags on almost every game.
Lol, same here! Even tho we pay for "up to" 8 mbit/s, all we get is 3 mbit/s, and that's when nobodies on the internet. When everyone in my family is on the computer we get like 0.5 mbit/s. Anyway, going kinda offtopic here.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Scotty

EpicPhailure

'Objectives updated; continue awaiting orders'

Hilarious.

Chaos

Hahaha.  There ya go.  You want ultra-realism?  There's your realism.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Thats as real as it gets. Good luck being the one pvt that lands the job with a ltgen.

I especially enjoyed the remarks about returning home getting asked how hot it was and how many people they've killed.  Then to top it all off, the Wii's SAW gun at the end was priceless!

ARTgames

All man. So the military is not constant gun action, responding at the nearest checkpoint when you die and then logging off a PC when your done. : (

Torch

The tactical nuke is my new favorite thing about this game. I just unlocked it this level and I've only used it twice, but it was twice in 2 games and a few of the players had mics and would bitch constantly. It's hilarious.

Jake

.... You got 25 kills in a row TWICE already?

Can someone say camping n00000000b!??? Haha jk.

Torch

Quote from: Jake on November 19, 2009, 12:33:58 AM
.... You got 25 kills in a row TWICE already?

Can someone say camping n00000000b!??? Haha jk.
Many more times than that, I just wasn't using the nuke. My best killstreak is 35. I find that once I get the chopper gunner, I can get the nuke.

Pat

Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

I just want to throw this out there for any who can relate to me...anybody else think the model 1887 akimbo is wayyyy too overpowered? (It is a shotgun with a range of a sniper, essentially....and tends to be very accurate when players are way off...) Just to provide basis....I've gotten a 37 kill streak with it...till somebody finally noob-tubed me.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Torch

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 23, 2009, 11:14:38 PM
I just want to throw this out there for any who can relate to me...anybody else think the model 1887 akimbo is wayyyy too overpowered? (It is a shotgun with a range of a sniper, essentially....and tends to be very accurate when players are way off...) Just to provide basis....I've gotten a 37 kill streak with it...till somebody finally noob-tubed me.
I just prestiged, so I can't use it and I never unlocked the akimbo for it. I've died many a time from it though and it does seem somewhat overpowered.

Personally, I prefer the shotgun attachment for my assault rifles, since it is about as powerful as a standard shotgun, can be switched to and from much faster, and leaves room for a stinger missile for a secondary weapon. For some reason, I never see anyone else using the assault rifle shotgun attachments. I think they're fantastic on the FAL, M16, and FAMAS, since these guns aren't automatic and aren't too great at close range. As well, I can use bling for the shotgun and holographic or heartbeat sensor on these guns since they don't do waste as much ammo as automatic guns and I don't need to slap on scavenger.

Mr Pwnage

I'm a fan of the M4. I use a holo sight and FML (I think...whatever increases bullet penetration). I am really good with it...but many people ask me why i use FML over a heartbeat sensor (This is a blinged M4 btw) and my answer is that I am so ADHD if I do put on a heartbeat senor I find myself staring at that and not the game...too distracting haha. Also for my secondary: I either use a revolver with FML and Tactical knife (I have bling pro so I get 2) or I use the cheap pirate pistols (1887s). I also am pretty badass with my other class (Riot shield and throwing knife combo). I simply march in with the shield, and when close enough, toss my knife right into them. People don't even see it comming and it works like a charm.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php