News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Torch, November 10, 2009, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

I'm the dude with the 42kills.

Highest kills i got on team death match. Its nothing pro its just that matchmaking placed me with a lot of level 3-20s. The saddest part is my team still lost. >_<

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Torch on January 24, 2010, 07:10:38 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on January 24, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
intervention with what on it and perks? Like what is your sniper class?

Edit:
Also what is a good site for COD info?
I use intervention extended mags or thermal with sleight of hand pro, stopping power, and steady aim/ninja/sitrep/commando depending on my secondary. I use a throwing knife and stuns.

I also have a Barrett 50cal class with thermal, smoke grenades, claymores, Scavenger, Cold-Blooded, Ninja/Sitrep.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2

For whatever reason, they made both the Intervention and the 50cal do the same damage and almost act the same as well. Most people use the 50cal because of it's bigger clip size and the fact it's semi-automatic. 50cal beats Intervention in usage, with it's only down fall is that it VERY slightly falls behind the Intervention in accuracy.

Though I do like the Intervention better for no other reason than because it's bolt action. Feels satisfying when you hit someone and the bolt pulls back, even though I do use a WA2000.

Torch

Don't trust the ingame stats, half the time they're wrong, and the other half, they're misleading. But yeah, the intervention has better recoil and a faster reload time. That's about it.

Master

This game ROCKS! I have it for my 360. My favorite weapon has to be the throwing knives...man, this one time I walked up behind this sniper that was laying there camping on Derailed, and I tea bagged him and then threw a knife into the back of his head without him ever noticing...and he was there because he had just shot me before XD. But, this game is amazing...and my personal best score was on...crap I forget the map name, but the one in the middle of like no where with the trenches and the huge room in the ground in the middle of the map, ANYWAYS lol, I got 38 kills and around 6 deaths using the AUG HBAR on regular Team Death Match. And we won by like 5 kills...lol.

ARTgames

Quote from: Torch on January 24, 2010, 10:33:36 PM
Don't trust the ingame stats, half the time they're wrong, and the other half, they're misleading. But yeah, the intervention has better recoil and a faster reload time. That's about it.
I think with the stats they are just too simple. They cram too many factors into the bars and its hard to tell what they mean. It would be nice if they gave more detail.

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 24, 2010, 11:07:01 PM
I think with the stats they are just too simple. They cram too many factors into the bars and its hard to tell what they mean. It would be nice if they gave more detail.
This is partially true, but a lot of the stats are just straightup incorrect. The M16 and FAMAS do the same damage, yet the M16's stats say it does way more. The Mini-Uzi has a higher rate of fire than the P90, yet the stats say otherwise. The FMJ does not increase damage, yet the stats say it does. I could go on to list 20-ish more failstats, but I'm sure you get the point. The ingame stats are 100% useless and should be completely ignored.

It's as though my 10yearold sister played the game for a day and then randomly gave out stats to all of the weapons in the game. It's that bad.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Torch on January 25, 2010, 12:39:45 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on January 24, 2010, 11:07:01 PM
This is partially true, but a lot of the stats are just straightup incorrect. The M16 and FAMAS do the same damage, yet the M16's stats say it does way more. The Mini-Uzi has a higher rate of fire than the P90, yet the stats say otherwise. The FMJ does not increase damage, yet the stats say it does. I could go on to list 20-ish more failstats, but I'm sure you get the point. The ingame stats are 100% useless and should be completely ignored.

It's as though my 10yearold sister played the game for a day and then randomly gave out stats to all of the weapons in the game. It's that bad.

Torch is right, I got my information from a wiki, but the in-game stat things are hilariously wrong/misleading.

As he said, FMJ does not increase damage, it only increases it when you shoot through a wall. It took me a while to find that out.

Another thing is when it comes to accuracy. Take the .44 Revolver, for example. It says it's an inaccurate pistol, but it's incredibly accurate for me. Pistols have something called a 'perfect-shot', meaning the first shot will ALWAYS hit directly in the middle of the cross-hair. But wait, im not done. Even if you cancel out the perfect shot thing, the revolver is incredibly accurate without the perfect shot. Hell, you can snipe with it.

Another thing is the Model 1887. The stats say it's the most inaccurate shotgun...But ironically, in-game, you can snipe with it if you got akimbo. Most players think of it as the cheapest gun in the game.

So yeah, I know the in-game stats are balls.

Bo-sox

What's ur guys best game (kills and death) wise. I have gone 20-1 before.

Torch

Quote from: Bo-sox on January 27, 2010, 05:49:00 PM
What's ur guys best game (kills and death) wise. I have gone 20-1 before.
Ratio-wise, my best game was 30-0, and I've accomplished that like 13 times (in FFA matches). The score I'm most proud of is 128-5, playing groundwar domination on Rundown. Setup was Barrett 50Cal with extended mags, throwing knife, stuns, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Steady Aim Pro. This was back in December.

ARTgames

FFA matches? Whats that? I don't think your playing a future farmers of America match. Nvm. its free for all. Im slow.

Also 128 to 5!?! who were you playing agenst? You sure they were not just playing around on the other team? Or they were all nubs? Or were these high level skilled people? Or does that happen often on domination. I don't know.

Also torch what system do you play on?

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 27, 2010, 07:06:59 PM
FFA matches? Whats that? I don't think your playing a future farmers of America match. Nvm. its free for all. Im slow.

Also 128 to 5!?! who were you playing agenst? You sure they were not just playing around on the other team? Or they were all nubs? Or were these high level skilled people? Or does that happen often on domination. I don't know.

Also torch what system do you play on?
125-5 is a very impressive score. Domination is not easier to get good K/Ds on than TDM, it just lasts longer and takes more tactical skill since the flags you control partially control where you spawn. The other team wasn't screwing around, but I assume most of them weren't good players. Ground War is 9v9 by the way.

I play on PS3. I play on the 360 at friend's houses pretty often and other than the controller, I haven't noticed any difference. I find it easier aiming with the PS3s analog stick though.

ARTgames

QuoteDomination is not easier to get good K/Ds on than TDM, it just lasts longer and takes more tactical skill since the flags you control partially control where you spawn.
Not from what i hear. People at school play that just to camp and get nukes. I dont mind campers as much as sum people do, i just dont like it when they are all pointing at your base and you cant really leave.

I play on PS3. I play on the 360 at friend's houses pretty often and other than the controller, I haven't noticed any difference. I find it easier aiming with the PS3s analog stick though.
I play on pc. I find it easyer to aim with a mouse than eather. Its not such a bad thing on ps3 and 360 mainy because every one has the same handycap.

Torch

Quote from: ARTgames on January 27, 2010, 08:49:39 PM
QuoteDomination is not easier to get good K/Ds on than TDM, it just lasts longer and takes more tactical skill since the flags you control partially control where you spawn.
Not from what i hear. People at school play that just to camp and get nukes. I dont mind campers as much as sum people do, i just dont like it when they are all pointing at your base and you cant really leave.
It's the best game type to get nukes in simply because there is no kill count and it lasts longer.

As for camping, if you die because someone was in an advantageous position to kill you, they have more skill than you. Try to tactically give yourself an advantage over people. If you hide behind a corner when someone comes through a door, you will kill them every time. This is an extremely effective strategy. Nowhere in the MW2 instruction manual does it say that you can't use places and objects on the map to your advantage. People need to stop blaming "campers" for them doing poorly and instead just get over the fact that the person who killed you has beaten you strategy-wise.

Also, MW2s maps are designed so that you can get out of spawn traps. Put on a cold-blooded, marathon class and flank the enemy.

ARTgames

QuoteTry to tactically give yourself an advantage over people. If you hide behind a corner when someone comes through a door, you will kill them every time. This is an extremely effective strategy....People need to stop blaming "campers" for them doing poorly and instead just get over the fact that the person who killed you has beaten you strategy-wise.
To start i said i don't mind them. You lean the camping spots and you hunt them down. Or that's what i do. I just said i don't like them when they spawn kill. I'm guessing people just have diffrent definition for skill and strategy.

DarkBlade325

I don't mind campers, as it makes it easier to kill whoever is camping in one spot rather than someone who is moving around.

The main time I have problem with campers is when they glitch into an unreachable area, and just pick off people the whole round, glitch campers are the guys I dislike. Regular campers are easy picks after they kill you once.