News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Started by Mystery, November 15, 2009, 03:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

Anyone got it yet? It was released quite recently in the US and no clue about the others. I'm working up to save enough money to play it, since I was too short on cash to reserve it. Same graphical style as New Super Mario Bros., with 2.5-D graphics. It has 4-player co-op capabilities(about time)although it doesn't have Wi-Fi co-op, which is kind of a let-down. There's 9 worlds and 3 more power-ups, and more complex level design. Overall, it looks great, just like Mario platformers almost always are.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Red October

EpicPhailure

11clock

Just saw it at a store today. I have more than enough money to buy it (like $75). However, I am looking for a cheaper price for the game on the internet to save money.

Titan

If your looking for the best price on stuff try dealcatcher.com
Haven't bought it or really considered buying it.
Livin' in a lonely world.

sly 3 4 me

Yeah, I've recently "acquired" this game. I have the PAL version one and it's modified to work on my wii. It's fun. :)

Torch

Played it at my friend's house. Didn't like it, the multiplayer doesn't flow well.

Meiun

Just picked it up today. Have to wait till I'm back at school where my Wii is to play it though (did get to try it in the store briefly though, and loved it).

Quote from: Torch on November 15, 2009, 08:37:38 PM
Played it at my friend's house. Didn't like it, the multiplayer doesn't flow well.
All the reviews I've seen say the exact opposite. Multiplayer looks awesome from all the video's i've seen, but I guess i'll have to try it for myself first.

Torch

Quote from: Meiun on November 15, 2009, 08:51:20 PM
Just picked it up today. Have to wait till I'm back at school where my Wii is to play it though (did get to try it in the store briefly though, and loved it).

All the reviews I've seen say the exact opposite. Multiplayer looks awesome from all the video's i've seen, but I guess i'll have to try it for myself first.
I can see the appeal, however I don't like that Mario is going down the road that all Nintendo games are headed and switching over from challenging, sometimes frustrating, and very rewarding gameplay to softcore casual gameplay. Some people may be in to that, but I prefer feeling a sense of accomplishment after beating a boss in Super Mario Galaxy in 1-life-mode and things like that, as opposed to running through an insanely easy level with 3 people and 20 powerups at your disposal. Even when you die, you just have to shake the wii mote for 10 seconds and you come back to life.

There's no challenge. I still have hope for Galaxy 2 though.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Torch on November 15, 2009, 09:30:02 PM
Quote from: Meiun on November 15, 2009, 08:51:20 PM

I can see the appeal, however I don't like that Mario is going down the road that all Nintendo games are headed and switching over from challenging, sometimes frustrating, and very rewarding gameplay to softcore casual gameplay. Some people may be in to that, but I prefer feeling a sense of accomplishment after beating a boss in Super Mario Galaxy in 1-life-mode and things like that, as opposed to running through an insanely easy level with 3 people and 20 powerups at your disposal. Even when you die, you just have to shake the wii mote for 10 seconds and you come back to life.

There's no challenge. I still have hope for Galaxy 2 though.

No challenge? Apparently you haven't seen anything past World 1. I just played the game for 10 hours straight - and after the first world, it gets REALLY REALLY hectic. You have lives in this game too, and if everyone dies before you come back to life, you have to start all over. And if you run out of lives, you can't play anymore until either the level is over, or someone gets 100 coins to give everyone a live.

Powerups are also pretty sparse, and they go FAST. Especially on the last levels, it took us many tries to even reach the half way points. Now, we aren't the greatest players either, mind you, but we definitely have played all of the Mario's a good number of times.

I have to say, this is one of my favorite games so far - it is incredibly fun with 4 people. You can screw around alot, but it is very hard. I'd have to say it is on par with the original Mario Bros. in difficulty, if not more because of the extra challenges.

And believe me, it can get frustrating, especially if you are trying to obtain all the secret routes and coins.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Red October

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 16, 2009, 01:39:54 AMAnd believe me, it can get frustrating, especially if you are trying to obtain all the secret routes and coins.

I can agree with this statement.

11clock

Actually, my birthday is only in a few days (Friday). I may get the game as a present! :D

tazers

I thought about getting this game, but I got Assassin's Creed 2 instead. I have no regrets :P

Meiun

Actually got to do some 4 player games. Was insanely fun, worked really well, loved the 4 player mechanics (can add a bit of difficulty if they are bad and get in your way, but that should be expected). As for the game difficulty, it definitely has some real challenging levels in it, and I don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on November 29, 2009, 09:57:24 PM
Actually got to do some 4 player games. Was insanely fun, worked really well, loved the 4 player mechanics (can add a bit of difficulty if they are bad and get in your way, but that should be expected). As for the game difficulty, it definitely has some real challenging levels in it, and I don't see how anyone could say otherwise.
4 Players sure seems to be the number in games these days...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php