News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A day to express our gratitude for everything we take for granted.

Started by Scotty, November 26, 2009, 06:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DivineLegend

i'm sorta sick of the holidays already... but thats just me, and i work in the meat department of a grocery store... and all i did was price 10 pallets of turkeys all day long for a week.... thats like 10k pounds of !@#$ing turkeys lol.... i am suprised i didn't smash a toe.... well happy late thanksgiving everyone and merry early christmas xD

Lingus

I'm a bit late, but this was a great topic (aside from the flaming and what not). I too am thankful for the things that cause me happiness in life.

By the way, I wonder how many people really mean yams when they say sweet potatoes. Yams are traditionally used in Thanksgiving dinners. They have a bright orange interior, are very sweet flavored and mushy, and are commonly mashed and served with marshmellows. Sweet potatoes on the other hand have a pale yellow interior, are less sweet than yams (though more than normal potatoes) and they are commonly NOT used in any Thanksgiving dinners (though I imagine some people do use them). So when you are eating "sweet potatoe pie" you are really eating yams. Not sweet potatoes.

But whatever. It's all tasty and I love eating everything!

Oh, and while we're talking about it, for those of you who like cranberry sauce do you like it out of the can or from scratch? I personally like scratch.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on December 01, 2009, 02:25:38 PM
Oh, and while we're talking about it, for those of you who like cranberry sauce do you like it out of the can or from scratch? I personally like scratch.

By nature, I live by the theory that anything built from scratch is much better than what could ever come from a can. 

DarkTrinity

I grew up with the canned kind... idk if i've ever actually tasted cranberry sauce from scratch... So i can't really say one's better than the other.. but the canned is pretty good imo

Mr Pwnage

*Shudders*Yuck! Cranberries. The most fruit I got on my thanksgiving was from my sparkling apple cider. That stuff is the BOMB, nothing less.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

I was fortunate enough growing up to have my mother canning a lot of fruits and food and such (applesauce, tomatoes, jams).  When it comes to that, well it's home-made canned food, and that counts as home-made and not canned.  That is assuming that by canned you mean bought at the store in a can with some company's (that you have no affiliation with outside of digestion) paper label around the outside of it.

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on December 02, 2009, 07:24:31 AM
I was fortunate enough growing up to have my mother canning a lot of fruits and food and such (applesauce, tomatoes, jams).  When it comes to that, well it's home-made canned food, and that counts as home-made and not canned.  That is assuming that by canned you mean bought at the store in a can with some company's (that you have no affiliation with outside of digestion) paper label around the outside of it.
Yep, you got it exactly. Home-made canned is still home-made. In fact, my fiance also sometimes does canned jams and what not. Pretty similar process to making cranberry sauce. Aside from the actual canning step that is. We just eat it all.

Specialboy

I'm thankful that my parents didnt spoil me during the all important childhood years, so that I'm not a whiny, spoiled bitch.

Red October

stick d00d

DarkTrinity

Oh my lord... I read this entire topic amazed that there were already 4 pages at 11am and that so many people had already stuffed themselves before noon... not until page 3 did I realize this is from last year when I saw my post in this topic... lmao.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope you all travel safely and have a wonderful day of stuffing your faces and watching men in tight pants tackle each other ;D (Although my boyfriend no longer wants me watching football as I mentioned how gay it is but that I like the tight pants xD ... which isn't true, but it saves me from watching football with him ever, hehe)

Here's to hoping Torch doesn't stick his nose in here again....
Because you don't have to thank god in order to be thankful for what you have. Be thankful your house hasn't burned down. Be thankful if your parents gave you your first car(especially if it's new). Be thankful you're not crippled from some drunk driver hitting you. Be thankful that your family is healthy. Be thankful a burglar didn't break in and steal all your shit. Be thankful you weren't born in a 3rd world country starving & not having clean water to drink.
None of that stuff you would've had to work for, it would be out of your control, yet you can still be thankful for it....

EpicPhailure

I'm thankful for the brave turkeys that gave their lives for the good of the stomachs of Americans.

albeitwithoutconsent

Chaos

Be thankful for all those things you've pirated without getting caught!  Still!

'Cept for you, Jake.  You know why.   ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!   ;D

(lol, I was surprised by the size of the topic, too, until I saw my reply on the first page, and was like "wut".  Haha)
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

Time to dismember the animal we crave most! Happy Thanksgivin!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  ;D

Quote from: Chaos on November 25, 2010, 12:45:14 PM
Be thankful for all those things you've pirated without getting caught!  Still!

'Cept for you, Jake.  You know why.   ;)
:o

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.