News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Warning Fake S.O3 E-Mail

Started by Danimal, November 29, 2009, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

Thank goodness I never got this. I wouldn't have suspected a thing.

Meiun

I had an old news topic about this earlier as well. Note that I would not send any official email like that from any address that was not ending in @stick-online.com

Looperpuck

Good catch Dan. Any information on who it might be that sent out this fake E-mail?

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Aqua

'dustinmiller@hotmail.co.uk'
I haven't really dug up emails from you, but I'm pretty sure that your address isn't from .co.uk xD

Anyways, this doesn't mean that it was one of us. It could just mean that someone was googling and found this. They looked around, put an email together, and sent it.

Also, keep in mind that all the emails that Meiun has sent that I'm aware of ends with something like: 'Dustin Miller, aka Meiun.'
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Enough about spreading the word, more about how to get rid of it. If the creator of the virus was smart, they would've blocked all anti-virus sites, right?

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 29, 2009, 04:52:29 PM
Enough about spreading the word, more about how to get rid of it. If the creator of the virus was smart, they would've blocked all anti-virus sites, right?
Not necessarily. If the virus is already in your computer, it may already be too late for a program to save you.(depends on what the virus is like, of course, and I have no intention of finding out)But it would be smart to do that.

Also, I can confirm that's not Meiun's e-mail.(Derp derp derp, of course it isn't, but people fell for it somehow.)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Delicious

Which virus is sent out? And what kind of scumbag would bother doing this?

Anyways, here is a solution...
Firstly, you might want to download AntiMalware - http://www.antimalwarenow.com/ - It's free and not only does it detect virus's but it also completely wipes it off your computer. I used this when I had a rogue virus which didn't allow me to open .exe files.

Once you install the program, go to the updates tab and click "Check for updates". Once the software updates, then go to the scanner tab and click "scan". Oddly it detected 560+ virus's on my computer, and it deleted them all! The scan could take several to thirty minutes depending on the amount of files you have. The program will search through everything.

When it finish's, there should be an option that allows you to delete all the virus's listed. After it deletes them, you will get a word document or a seperate file that shows all the files that have been deleted and why. Afterwards, it will promt you to restart your computer, so do so.

This tool is genious, and it helped me a great deal.  ;)
<3

Mystery

Quote from: Aqua on November 29, 2009, 04:37:47 PM
'dustinmiller@hotmail.co.uk'
I haven't really dug up emails from you, but I'm pretty sure that your address isn't from .co.uk xD

Anyways, this doesn't mean that it was one of us. It could just mean that someone was googling and found this. They looked around, put an email together, and sent it.

Also, keep in mind that all the emails that Meiun has sent that I'm aware of ends with something like: 'Dustin Miller, aka Meiun.'
~Aqua
While that is plausible, I doubt it. Sure, someone could've done that, but it would be much smarter to use a bigger game so to get more people with the virus.

His address is obviously NOT from .co.uk.  :P

I can also confirm that Meiun's e-mails end like that(something along that line)

Quote from: Delicious on November 29, 2009, 05:12:36 PM
And what kind of scumbag would bother doing this?
Plenty of scumbags in the world right now, I assure you.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

I also was just sent this fraud email...but I didn't open it because it sounded fake. I might do a background check and found out this IP for all of you...get back later.
EDIT: I got this !@#$er's IP...and possibly original email. I'm going to make it public info:

Received: from blu0-omc3-s4.blu0.hotmail.com ([65.55.116.79])

65.55.116.79 is the IP address.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 29, 2009, 05:50:52 PM
I also was just sent this fraud email...but I didn't open it because it sounded fake. I might do a background check and found out this IP for all of you...get back later.
EDIT: I got this !@#$er's IP...and possibly original email. I'm going to make it public info:

Received: from blu0-omc3-s4.blu0.hotmail.com ([65.55.116.79])

65.55.116.79 is the IP address.

face plam*
http://www.robtex.com/dns/blu0.hotmail.com.html

Meiun

Pretty sure that IP is just hotmail.

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on November 29, 2009, 05:59:01 PM
Pretty sure that IP is just hotmail.

yup that sums it up there.

Also hasn't fake emails realted to stick online happen here before? Could it just be the same person who was doing it before?

Remnant

tazers

Man I didn't get one

I feel so left out

Delicious

This is illegal, as well all know, and I'm wondering if it's even possible to press charges on these kinds of criminals? I mean, if we knew who it was do they get away with doing something this rediculious? I'm guessing it's highly uncommon that one will actually go through the trouble of getting this young lad a charge, but there has to be a punishment that does not only relate with getting banned from the Stick-online game and community since this is far more than trying to get an unfair advantage... This immature little tard wants to harm the members in some way or another. Not saying any of us would actually do this, but has there even been any cases where administrators or members who were victomized actually took legal action against these type of morons in such a community like this?

<3