News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SO art

Started by Pinball, July 02, 2009, 02:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Quote from: krele on July 24, 2009, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on July 24, 2009, 02:14:01 PM
DUDE.

That's seriously epic. The only thing that I can critique is the face. It doesn't look evil enough.
Haha, thanks. I seriously don't want to hijack this thread, but what else should I make?

I also think I overdid it with the shading... Should've kept it little bit more cylindrical, so it looks more like a rock. But this looks far cooler than the cylindrical version I have... I'll post it later maybe.

Dark Sage plawks :o

GaZ

Great artwork Pin.... that's what keeps you up so late! ;)

I would love to see the blob in full attack mode O__o

krele

Quote from: CherryPie on July 25, 2009, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: krele on July 24, 2009, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on July 24, 2009, 02:14:01 PM
DUDE.

That's seriously epic. The only thing that I can critique is the face. It doesn't look evil enough.
Haha, thanks. I seriously don't want to hijack this thread, but what else should I make?

I also think I overdid it with the shading... Should've kept it little bit more cylindrical, so it looks more like a rock. But this looks far cooler than the cylindrical version I have... I'll post it later maybe.

Dark Sage plawks :o
There you go...

Can you give me the sprite of a blob attacking? I can't find it anywhere....

CherryPie

woaaah, godly work :o

i love that blur effect of it's bonehead von Englisch =O

krele

Quote from: CherryPie on July 26, 2009, 09:16:24 AM
woaaah, godly work :o

i love that blur effect of it's bonehead von Englisch =O
Thanks alot! ^^;

Bonehead?... I thought it supposed to be some plasmatic attack, not a bone =/...

Next is a bbb! =D

EpicPhailure

I guess your work is more 'serious' than Pinball's. Not saying that Krele's is like, better or something. I'm saying it's more epic, while Pinball's versions are more 'comical'.

Mr Pwnage

I wanna see a Pumpkin, from the halloween event. He's small, so you gotta be super detailed! Seriously though, Pinball and Krele, those are all so epic. I think one of you should start a Stick Online comic book using graphics like this. That'd be tight. Keep it up!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Quote from: Epicphail on July 26, 2009, 10:55:52 AM
I guess your work is more 'serious' than Pinball's. Not saying that Krele's is like, better or something. I'm saying it's more epic, while Pinball's versions are more 'comical'.
That's just different styles. I personally love both of them. Keep it up, guys!
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Looperpuck

Awesome, both styles are amazing. Good job Pinball, and Krele. Just one question... What program do you use to do these.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

krele

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 27, 2009, 01:42:35 AM
Awesome, both styles are amazing. Good job Pinball, and Krele. Just one question... What program do you use to do these.

~Looperpuck
I personally use Gimp and Photoshop CS4. I prefer Gimp over photoshop, because if you have some skill in language named Python, you're godlike in gimp, and can do many things photoshop users cannot. I'll probably make a tutorial for you guys later.

Also, thanks people. Yeah well, I do use a much more serious version of shading, but I don't see how is my art better than pin's in any way either. It's.... art, heh.

Anyways, I'll edit this topic when I finish the BBB... Which shouldn't take more than an hour or two...

Looperpuck

Awesome, sounds good. Yeah I'm sure lots of people would like to see a tutorial about how to shade like this. Awesome idea.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Pinball

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 27, 2009, 07:24:37 AM
Awesome, sounds good. Yeah I'm sure lots of people would like to see a tutorial about how to shade like this. Awesome idea.

~Looperpuck
It's basically my shading, but using the smudge tool to merge the shades...

krele

Quote from: Pinball on July 29, 2009, 02:02:12 AM
Quote from: Looperpuck on July 27, 2009, 07:24:37 AM

~Looperpuck
Not fully correct. You apply light where it is on the sprite in the game, it looks cool, but it's wrong. Burn tool, smudge tool, layer blending, grain extraction etc... Lotsa business here to make it look good ^^;

jonsploder

Is this BBB still in the works? Awesome art both of you...  makes me feel like attempting to draw again. xD

Pinball

Quote from: krele on July 29, 2009, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Pinball on July 29, 2009, 02:02:12 AM
Not fully correct. You apply light where it is on the sprite in the game, it looks cool, but it's wrong. Burn tool, smudge tool, layer blending, grain extraction etc... Lotsa business here to make it look good ^^;

I don't see how it's lite wrong, you can have the light sources wherever way you wish and it will be correct as long as the entire graphic follows by it..  And as for the extra things that you did besides the smudge seem to be a waste, this is what I was able to do and it looks just as good or better then what you have done.

-Tweaked the ds shading.

~Pin