News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

2012 theory

Started by wrinkles, December 22, 2009, 01:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrinkles

Do you beleive in 2012?

write your comments whether it is for or against the theory.. or even if u dont know about it lol

JoEL

Nope, theres a theory we are decedents of fish. I don't believe any theories unless there are facts to prove them. Which wouldn't quite make it a theory anymore...

Jake

Quote from: wrinkles on December 22, 2009, 01:58:55 AM
Do you beleive in 2012?

write your comments whether it is for or against the theory.. or even if u dont know about it lol
I believe in 2012 just like I believe in Tuesday.

If you're talking about the stupid-stitions about December 21, 2012 or whatever... I think it's a bunch of bull crap with some people trying to jam puzzle pieces together that don't fit.

Chaos

Ironic.  I was just chatting with Jake earlier today about this.  My statement was something along these lines:

"I can't wait til Christmas Eve, 2012.  Gonna be sittin' back, chillin with my relatives, and laughing my ASS off at the idiots who thought the world was going to end the day before (or 3 days before, depending on which kind of idiot you are)."

Seriously.  There isn't a SINGLE (YES, SINGLE) piece of evidence that even remotely SUGGESTS that the world would end in 2012.  And no, some random ancient culture happening to only make their calendars up to a particular date does not count as proof.

Honestly, I'm tolerant of people's interests and beliefs, but this shit is where I draw the line.  At least the bullshit panic about Y2k had a basis within reality.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Chaos on December 22, 2009, 02:58:51 AM
Seriously.  There isn't a SINGLE (YES, SINGLE) piece of evidence that even remotely SUGGESTS that the world would end in 2012.  And no, some random ancient culture happening to only make their calendars up to a particular date does not count as proof.

They're just like "!@#$ this, this is going on and on and on. Screw this calendar, no one in the right mind will even follow it for any reason anyways...Right?"

Also since when does one "ancient culture" decide the end of the world? Okay okay, here I am. I want you all to listen to me. Okay, yah listening?

World will end the last day of this December, mark my words! Go, cower under the bed! In other words.. I agree Chaos.

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Riserva

Quote from: wrinkles on December 22, 2009, 01:58:55 AM
Do you beleive in 2012?

Do I believe in the world ending in 2012? God no. JninjaJ is always stating: THE WORLD'S GOING TO END!

All I can reply with is: Prove it.

wrinkles

i found this website at this moment which proves 2012 does not end

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/6534662/Mayan-2012-apocalypse-theory-not-true-Nasa-says.html

If you beleive in 2012 read below.. if u don.. dont bother as u arecorrect  ;D 

Jackabomb

I believe the world could end on 2012. However, I don't think it's more or less likely to end then as it might end tomorrow.

Lucifer

The "world ending", I doubt it. A mass extinction, or at least the removal of humans as the dominant species? Could happen. Either way theres no need to make too much of a fuss about it. Think of it this way, without humans, other species will have way more of a chance to evolve, and perhaps the world will make an even more intelligent design than us.

foG

the incas just didnt have enough rock plates to carve another 1000 years in stone :P

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Chaos

Quote from: Jackabomb on December 22, 2009, 10:49:57 AM
I believe the world could end on 2012. However, I don't think it's more or less likely to end then as it might end tomorrow.

Right, I should have mentioned that.  The world COULD end in 2012, yes.  It could also end TOMORROW.

However, I should point out that, the world is slightly MORE likely to end on December 21(23), 2012, simply because of a little thing called 'self-fulfilling prophecy'.  Because there are people who believe it, there are people who would act (intentionally or unintentionally) to make it actually happen.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Delicious

There are evidence that suggests a polar shift may occur with the allignment of the planets on December 2012... Can't remember what it said exactly or where I read it from though.  :-\
I don't believe that any of the theories are true, and I stand by many others saying that at any moment the world for human civilization could end, not just that certain day.
<3

DarkTrinity

I personally call bullshit. I've heard many theories and the one I find most believable is that the ancient cultures thought that 2012 would be a time of change.... Change in what? Who knows. But amongst all the talk, I can see reason in some type of change. I've heard polar shifts, something to do with outer space, whatever...
The world ending? sure, go spend all your money, take a bunch of vacations, travel the world. Everyone will laugh their ass off at you when the world doesnt end and you're stuck in the shitter cause you're a twat who believes morons who say the world will end just like they have since man could spread stupid theories.

ARTgames