News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Error

Started by sly 3 4 me, July 03, 2009, 12:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sly 3 4 me

Whenever I try to run the game client I get the this error: "Error: Access violation at 0x00F53DC2 (tried to read from 0x900004CA), program terminated." The error started around the time of the new webhost upgrade. I'm not really sure what caused it, but it appeared 4 or so days ago. I've tried to run the game as administrator, and re-download the game. I'm not really sure what else I could do.

CherryPie

What OS are you using?
Did you install any service packs or something similar lately?
Try using the system recovery(if u use windows) and roll your system back to the day, where it worked, to make sure it's not related to your OS.

JoEL

I believe it's a Hex code error, which shouldn't really happen in GM games unless the executable was modified.

I had this error, I do not know how to fix it, but I know how to avoid it: You have to run SO in any non-administrator accounts.

BraveBro2

Where is your save location?  For me, I got this error on a crappy comp where the backgrounds didn't load properly, and if I tried to go to the arena, I got the error.  I asked Meiun for the resources low file, and now I can access the arena with no error message (although the backgrounds still don't load properly).

sly 3 4 me

CherryPie: I'm running windows XP sp2. In the time that the game was working properly up to the time I started to get this error I didn't install any other service packs. I tried to use the system restore, but it's never worked for me. It always says that it is unable to restore to that date. I've tried many things to fix this also.

JoEL: I just tried to run the game on a non-administrator account also, but it gave me the same error. I didn't modify the executable either. :P

BraveBro2: I'm not sure why it would be happening now, my computer and video card were able to run the game previously. I was thinking that it may have something to do with my graphics card settings. I can't remember if I had changed anything at that time.

Thanks for helping though.

sly 3 4 me

Sorry for the double post, but I have found a solution to my problem.

The game actually is able to work with me just running the game on a flash-drive as the current user. I'm not sure why it doesn't work by just clicking it, but it is a lot easier than the way that I had mentioned previously. :)

Thanks to everyone in this topic, and Meiun, that were able to give me suggestions on how to get around this problem. I hope that I will be able to play v3 without having to do this.  :P