News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Sign

Started by Zario777, January 02, 2010, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 04:00:29 PM
Hmm, it would make it more useful if you can carry it around.....and swing it at monsters/unsuspecting stick players >=)
At that point we should just name the game "Sign Online".
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Zario777

Why name it that because of one item? Theres like over 10 sword items why not name it Sword Online? U get my point
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Aqua

Because that one item would be used and abused so much more than all the swords. Your point is full of holes.
~Aqua

Chaos

Considering the average level of maturity provided by the SO community, I can say nothing beyond how awful this idea is.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

Quote from: Chaos on January 03, 2010, 08:37:13 PM
Considering the average level of maturity provided by the SO community, I can say nothing beyond how awful this idea is.
i know right. having a chat box was a stretch as it is.

Zario777

Can somebody plz give me at least and only 3 reasons on how its a bad idea? Everyone says its gonna be abused and whatnot, but arent saying how.
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Chaos

1.) Zario777 is a faggot.

2.) PENISPENISPENISPENISPENIS!

3.) You're a stupid dumbshit.

Need I go on?  You may think I'm being insulting, but those are your reasons.  Bad enough when people can go around SAYING insulting things, hey, let's make it so they can post signs that remain there to say it for us!

I got a much better idea.  How bout you give us 3 reasons why this is a good idea?  If you can't see how this would be so OBVIOUSLY abused, you're blind.

Here, and even to placate you:

1.) People can and WILL post insulting or otherwise offensive things on them.

2.) The idea serves absolutely no benefit.

3.) Would require one to waste quite a bit of time coding it into the game and then subsequently trying to fix the NUMEROUS ways people would abuse it.  Again, for absolutely no benefit.

4.)  The SO community is full of immature morons.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Zario777

Ill take reason number four as what I was looking for to be proven wrong. But Chaos u dont have to be a dick.

Chaos

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 11:48:03 PM
Ill take reason number four as what I was looking for to be proven wrong. But Chaos u dont have to be a dick.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Priceless.  Funny thing.  Me and Lucifer were chatting on MSN, and he said you'd probably say something retarded like "YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSULT ME" or whatever.

Guess what?  I didn't.  I made a point.  And I'm GLAD you're insulted by it, as hopefully it got through to you.  Do you WANT to see signs saying "Zario777 is a faggot" posted around Stick Online?  Perhaps it won't say you, but it could certainly say ANYONE else.  NO one wants to see a sign personally insulting them when they play their favorite MMO.  And it can and WILL happen.  Thusly, sign = stupid.
Jake says:

Lucifer

tehrozzy

Quote from: Chaos on January 03, 2010, 11:54:07 PM
Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 11:48:03 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Priceless.  Funny thing.  Me and Lucifer were chatting on MSN, and he said you'd probably say something retarded like "YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSULT ME" or whatever.

Guess what?  I didn't.  I made a point.  And I'm GLAD you're insulted by it, as hopefully it got through to you.  Do you WANT to see signs saying "Zario777 is a faggot" posted around Stick Online?  Perhaps it won't say you, but it could certainly say ANYONE else.  NO one wants to see a sign personally insulting them when they play their favorite MMO.  And it can and WILL happen.  Thusly, sign = stupid.

Owned.

Zario777

1. I didn't say I was insulted, I said u didnt have to be a dick about it
2. The sign isnt stupid, but because of reason number 4, its bad for Stick online
3. YayforLife, u fall under reason number 4 as to why the sign wouldnt work

Chaos

So instead of listening to reason and logic, you would rather stick your fingers in your ears and go "I'M NOT LISTENING I'M NOT LISTENING I CAN'T HEEEAAAR YOU LALALALALALALAL!"

Fine, whatever.  Defend your little idea to your hearts content.  I've made my point ABUNDANTLY clear, and I wash my hands of this topic.  Peace.
Jake says:

Zario777

Im the one covering my ears? U must have missed the part where I agreed to the sign being bad for Stick Online. I was just clarifying me not being insulted, and how YayforLife's comment was utterly useless.

Jake

There goes Chaos again, always trying to find new ways to take away people's freedom of speech and oppress the users of Stick Online.

Well guess what, I'm not buying it! This idea is great Zario. It encourages creativity and Freedom of speech for all SO players. Not only that, but it'd be a great little makeshift platform for people with lower AGI. It wouldn't be hard to code, especially if it's a jump through platform. Just gotta make sure it stays in-sync with all the players.

Don't listen to Chaos man, he gets real upset about ideas that encourage awesomeness.