News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Sign

Started by Zario777, January 02, 2010, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario777

Thanks Jake. Whether that was sarcasm or not (I cant tell over the internet, but if its not, dont take offense) it was a supportive message. Unfortunatly, because of Chaos's reason number 4, I dont really see how we can bypass the immature ppl (NOT ALL just the immature ones) that might/will post rude crude messages (even tho u arent forced to read the messages nor see them in the game with out pressing up)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Jake

Quote from: Zario777 on January 04, 2010, 12:22:30 AM
Thanks Jake. Whether that was sarcasm or not (I cant tell over the internet, but if its not, dont take offense) it was a supportive message. Unfortunatly, because of Chaos's reason number 4, I dont really see how we can bypass the immature ppl (NOT ALL just the immature ones) that might/will post rude crude messages (even tho u arent forced to read the messages nor see them in the game with out pressing up)
No need to bypass bad messages because it's the players choice to read them. Also, Imagine if players could stack the signs  :D

You could build insanely huge towers if players work together. SICK.

Zario777

Hmm, that DOES beat reason number 4. If ppl get insulted its their own choice to read them. As for the sign stack thats all up to the coder.
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

ARTgames

Quote from: Zario777 on January 04, 2010, 12:29:24 AM
Hmm, that DOES beat reason number 4. If ppl get insulted its their own choice to read them. As for the sign stack thats all up to the coder.
I kind of like the idea if it was something you hold for fun. Like the road runner cartoon. But i really think people will write stuff that's not too brite. Its kind of like graffiti.

Zario777

Well like Graffiti it has bad stuff written on like signs and walls right? Well this is like graffiti on a folded piece of paper. U aren't forced to read it, but if u do and are offended by it, u can always rip it up right? Well remember, u can break the signs =P

Lucifer

Quote from: Zario777 on January 04, 2010, 03:40:00 PM
Well like Graffiti it has bad stuff written on like signs and walls right? Well this is like graffiti on a folded piece of paper. U aren't forced to read it, but if u do and are offended by it, u can always rip it up right? Well remember, u can break the signs =P
Zario, please, you're sounding pathetic now. There is NO good reason for this idea to be implemented, none at all, the only thing that it would do is make people complain on the forums about how !@#$ing stupid it is. This topic is 3 pages of PENIS.

It might help your cause if you stopped telling people that they could ignore your idea if they don't like it, and instead provide some examples as to why it should be bothered to be implemented at all. You're so busy defending yourself you're epicly missing the point of any post criticizing your idea.

Lingus

I'm with Zario and Jake. I see Chaos and Lucifer's points, but I still think this would be a fun idea.

Reasons why this is a good idea:

1. It would be fun.

Does there need to be any others?

Reasons why abuse of this idea won't matter:

1. You have to open the message to read it (as mentioned)
2. You could make the signs destroyable (again, as Zario mentioned. Although i believe all signs should be destroyable somewhat contrary to his post).

And actually, that 2nd point along with the fact that they would cost gold, would deter people from putting stupid content on it. Not eliminate it, but it would cause people to think whether they would want to waste the gold on something they know someone will destroy because it insults someone in some way. In addition, destroyed signs, in my opinion, should not go back to the inventory but instead just be destroyed. That would be critical for the above to be valid.

So in this case, we have an idea that would make people enjoy the game a bit more, and if some people decide to abuse it in any way it becomes a non issue since anyone who is insulted can just make it go away.

Zario777

And we could add a few zero's to the end of the prices to burn holes in sign abusers! >=) Thanks Lingus. @ Lucifer: You are too busy telling me that I haven't been saying any reasons as to why it should be added, but you aren't giving examples as to why it shouldn't be added. I saw Chaos's reasons and they were matched with Jake's and Lingus's explanation and clarification. So you sir, are 3 pages of PENIS!

EDIT: Nevermind Lucifer, u arent 3 pages of PENIS. I just had a moment of 10 year oldness in me.

DivineLegend

wow... after reading through all the rage and rant of this thread, i do have one question, would you have to be on the ground when you put the sign down, or say if fabi got a hold of one, and made it in midair, could he land on it while it was falling and jump even higher than what he can, thought there would be no purpose to him doing it...
also, i don't think it would be game breaking because it probably wouldn't be hard to put a cap on how high you could make signs.... also, after reading lingus's idea on the price, i think that like the price could go up after every sign you buy, like the first one is 500, the next is 600 or something like that... just to deter people from spamming signs unless they are completely rich... but still, i don't really see a reason any of this needs to be implemented, but i also don't see a reason as to why it shouldn't, though i would say that it would be only in SO 2, not in SO 3...

Zario777

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 12:12:33 AM
And you can only stack signs on solid ground (maybe not even on tree branches in the forest or on the clouds?)

DivineLegend

Quote from: Zario777 on January 05, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 12:12:33 AM
And you can only stack signs on solid ground (maybe not even on tree branches in the forest or on the clouds?)

i still don't see how this would answer my question, this means that technically it wouldn't stack on other signs, possibly, but it doesn't deter the possibility of being able to spawn it in the air also....
just thought of something else, your sign could only have your name instead of making it somethign you want to type... you would have to have a username that flames or bashes someone else, and still, that would have to go through meiun, and you would have to donate 10$.... or you could have it with your name and a word after it... saying Birdy1337 rocks or you could bash yourself.... giving a limit on it.

Zario777

Well to answer the question better, whatever your stick character can stand on, you can put a sign on it. So no u can't put it in midair, and sign stacking (putting a sign on top of a sign) is up to the coder of Stick Online.

DivineLegend

-.-
i'm asking if you can use it in midair, but once you put it out, it falls, and if you time it right, you could land on it and jump on it...
also, now that i think about it,  you could make stair steps outa these.... so it doesnt go just up, it can go like a stairway to JESUSLAND!!!!! :D

Red October

Quote from: Lucifer on January 04, 2010, 04:32:55 PM
Quote from: Zario777 on January 04, 2010, 03:40:00 PM
Zario, please, you're sounding pathetic now. There is NO good reason for this idea to be implemented, none at all, the only thing that it would do is make people complain on the forums about how !@#$ing stupid it is. This topic is 3 pages of PENIS.

It might help your cause if you stopped telling people that they could ignore your idea if they don't like it, and instead provide some examples as to why it should be bothered to be implemented at all. You're so busy defending yourself you're epicly missing the point of any post criticizing your idea.

Your sounding pathetic as well, Lucy. You fail to understand that every idea needs to refined before it gets to a standard that could be even considered to be added to an game. You and Chaos, have clearly presented your view, but both of you have not considered benefits for this idea, or even suggested anything useful to refine this idea. Zario has already requested three points againest his idea. No one has answered this.

Before you say, "Chaos did!". Let me say this. His 1st and 4th points are basically the same. That the majority of the Stick Online community are immature at most times. Chaos's 2nd and 3rd points are basically the same again! That it is not worth the effort. I wouldn't consider that an point, more like a filler, but that's me.

How about I do it! Here I go!

1) How to you plan to stop offensive messages from being displayed? A filter? And how about spam? All needs to be considered.

2) Will many of these signs in one place produce considerable lag?

3) What could be secondary functions for these signs? The primary purpose seems a bit small and odd.

I think that is more useful than "1) Zario777 is a faggot. 2) PENISPENISPENISPENISPENIS! 3) You're a stupid dumbshit."

Also this topic turned penis when you first posted. Every single post before hand was a fine discussion. Every thought that your influencing the young member to act like dickheads? It's very possible. I personally don't want to suggest anything because if it doesn't agree with Chaos then I'm going to be framed. From what I've seen from this topic then the sole validation of any ideas of SO3 would be done by Chaos, seems bias to me.

I congratulate Jake and Lingus, "common sense" said.

Jake

Quote from: Red October on January 05, 2010, 12:34:24 AM
1) How to you plan to stop offensive messages from being displayed? A filter? And how about spam? All needs to be considered.
No need, as stated before. If people are hell bent on saying "penis", it'd be easier and reach more people if they just said it in the normal chat.

Quote2) Will many of these signs in one place produce considerable lag?
Not really. They're simple objects that require minimal networking. No need to constantly update their position like a normal player because they stay in one spot, and once they hit the ground they don't really do anything but sit there, meaning you can stop performing all collision events for them.

Quote3) What could be secondary functions for these signs? The primary purpose seems a bit small and odd.
There's already been multiple purposes pointed out. Displaying messages, and using them as platforms. I'm sure users would find many other purposes for them too.