News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick - Online simulator [updated to v.06]

Started by HeroicHero, January 03, 2010, 10:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicHero

I'm HeroicHero.
I have never played Stick Online 1 or 2 but I lurk around these forums looking at post, pictures, etc. I think Stick Online is awesome! I'm currently waiting for SO3.

Anyways, I have scripted a flash version of Stick - Online. All though the simulator is not entirely visually accurate (as I don't have much access to images), I would like to integrate all the cool ideas that you guys have come up with and add them in here (ie: perhaps vehicles, skills, monsters etc). Try not to make them too complex as I'm some-what of a beginner at flash. I will try to update it as fast possible (if you don't know, scripting is adobe flash takes some time).

Sprites by:
Meuin, Ceroblitz, some by me

Here is the link to the game:
http://jkandrew.deviantart.com/art/Stick-Online-Simulator-149134263
A = Attack
UP = Jump
Left Right arrows = Move
Down Arrow = Enter doors

---V0.06---
-Added pets system (If you could provide a sprite sheet with movement sprites (wings flapping), attacking, etc, I will add it in)
-Quest Headquarters

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

stick d00d

Err, isn't this against the rules? You're using sprites without permission...

Looperpuck

Yay for fake Stick online! /sarcasm. Yeah...why did you make this exactly?

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

HeroicHero

To simulate ideas and put them into action. hmmm... I guess I'll just delete it.

Lucifer

As long as you ask people before you do it, I see nothing wrong with this. Actually I think it's rather awesome, in response to those asking why, wouldn't you like to see your ideas in action? To see whether or not they would Actually fit into the game? You can never really know if your idea is complete crap unless you can actually see it in action, and if this person is willing to go through the trouble to integrate your sprites into a flash representation, why not?

Anyways, I'd love to see some more of Cero's sprites in there, be sure to ask him!

P.S. d00d, and anyone else bitching about stolen sprites, honestly it's just the BBB, the shop, and the character. He isn't making his own game. That's like saying an information website like http://www.jesusland.tk/ is stealing sprites. (My opinion, of course.)

P.P.S. Welcome to the forums Hero.

Red October

Quote from: Lucifer on January 04, 2010, 06:04:48 AM
As long as you ask people before you do it, I see nothing wrong with this.

He hasn't asked Meiun or CeroBlitz. So this project is against copyright laws.

Lucifer

Quote from: Red October on January 04, 2010, 06:14:06 AM

He hasn't asked Meiun or CeroBlitz. So this project is against copyright laws.

Oh get that dick out of your ass. Obviously he should have asked them Before making it, but theres no harm done at all. But for the sake of appeasing the assholes of the community, remove the link for now, go ask Meiun and Ceroblitz, done deal.

Or heck just take out the shop, turn the BBB purple, and make the gold little peices of moldy crap, walah, don't even need to ask Meiun.
(joking)

God-I-Suck

Hm, this is a little interesting.. You can do aerial attacks if you jump and attack. O:

HeroicHero

Okay, I'll ask Meiun and CeroBlitz for their approval. I'll remove their sprites immediately if they don't approve.

11clock

You should of asked for permission before using their sprites, but I like this simulator. Now we can see if our ideas would really work with the game!

Scotty

So this project is against copyright laws.

...  What copyright laws... Show me the patent.

Hambone

For having never played the game at all before, this is pretty decent.

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on January 04, 2010, 05:36:30 PM

So this project is against copyright laws.

...  What copyright laws... Show me the patent.
Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but a copyright and patent are two different things. Stick Online is an expressive medium owned by Meiun, therefore he has basic copyrights over it.

"Copyright applies to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete and fixed in a medium." - Wikipedia

There's no need for a patent.

HeroicHero

I asked Meiun and he said he was okay with it, as long as I make it clear that it's a fan project and that the graphics do not belong to me.