News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

EA REALLY wants you to buy their 2010 games

Started by Scotty, January 06, 2010, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

ARTgames

Scotty

Jake

I suppose what they're doing makes a little more sense considering they're all sports games, but it's still a huge unnecessary stab at the consumer to force them to buy the new iterations of games in the series. Hell, most of these games use p2p and only need a basic server to pair connections, meaning EA is doing this almost purely because they're dicks that want you to stop playing your 09 titles and start playing each and ever new one coming out.

EA needs to slow down, take a deep breath, and then die.

ARTgames

I would be kind of nice if you could bypass the matchmaking servers and type in an ip so when this happens your not 100% left in the dusts.

I mean when i buy a game i get the right to use the networking with it (i think). If i don't want to use your matchmaking server i should have the choice not to. If the game gives me the server i should not be forces to use a middle man to pick what people should be on it. Shame on this and shame on EA.

edit:
this is one more reason why matchmaking should be an option and not the only way to do things.

Lingus

People complain about EA a LOT. But, they will continue to do business because even after a stunt like this people will still go out and buy the 2010 versions of all of their games. That's how it works.

ARTgames

I will say in the past EA games were not that bad. But there not going so well now. I don't own any ea games now and there only 1 I'm looking forward to. Maybe this is just a reboot for them. I'm just glad i don't own any of those games on the list.

Chaos

Yes, well, until EA !@#$ing releases a *4th* patch to ACTUALLY fix their broken mess they call an expansion to Sims 3, they can go suck my balls.

I swear, if I run into a SINGLE game-crippling bug on the NEXT expansion, I am never playing Sims 3 again.  !@#$ no updates, I'll go back to Sims 2.  At least I could PLAY that game.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

venuse

what is going through ea's mind. they got to know that that is going to deter alot of gamers from buying their future games. are they trying to run themselves into a hole or something. i swear modern game developer make me scratch my head and say these guys are either really stupid or idiots.

stick d00d

That's weird they never did this before, I could play Madden 07 online 2 years after it came out. But idc to be honest, I don't really play the sports games online anymore.

Torch

Shutting down Madden 09 on Xbox 360 and PS3 is absolutely ridiculous. This is just another reason why noone should ever give in to EA's terrible habit of releasing the same game every year with updated players.

stick d00d

That's why I usually wait a couple years before I buy a new one, because then I'll never play the one before, unless it's better then the new one.

Pat

I've lost faith in EA. I've heard rumors of their money hungry ways but now this proves it...
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Scotty

That's the thing, Lingus hit it on the head.  If they do this, we will all gripe, and we will get their new games.  They will still sell.  As for why they couldn't just kill the '07 and '08 servers, then leave 09 up for longer than less than a year, well that just shows that they are dicks.

Lingus

The other thing to consider is that the games they shut down probably didn't have enough players to justify leaving the servers up... Sucks for the people who still did play, but it was a business decision. And in terms of business, I think EA is probably doing just fine. They might not have the consumer in mind, which sucks, but I wouldn't say they're idiots. They're just evil.