News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

My Review on: Modern Warfare 2.

Started by DarkBlade325, January 14, 2010, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
I would agree with this in most situations, but not this one. If you pirate it and want to play online, you're gonna have to jump through hoops. If you're at all serious about it's multiplayer, you'll buy the game, and that's what IW was counting on. In this case, the people who payed don't get less, they get the same as everyone else.
[sarcasm]
omg those hoops so hard to jump 4.1 mill people did it and its still growing.
[/sarcasm]

My point is that there attempts to stop it failed.

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
Everyone knew the PC port would be similar to consoles before they bought it, so there's no room for complaining.
People don't want that. That's why there complaining. Get it? No they don't half to listion to them but it should would help if you give the produce that people want. Im talking about the people who have not bought the game because of this.

The people who have bought complain about things in the game they dont know about. I see nothing wrong with that.

QuoteHere's the thing, it may lower the amount of PC sales, but it will increase the amount of console sales even more. It's a tradeoff the IW/Activision had to make, and they went with the one that will get them more money.
yup. Thats what they want.

QuoteI'll bet you anything that the game would have been pirated way more if it had been designed the way PC gamers wanted it,
That a assumption and i feel is totally wrong.
and
"Make a game that's ageist how people want it" is something i feel should not happen. Now if gamers want the game for free then yeah don't give them that. They need to make money. :P

Quoteand a large chunk of those pirated copies would be from people who were going to purchase it on console and realized the pirated PC version still had all the benefits as the payed-for version.
highly doubt it. Did not happen on cod4. And on gta iv they should the console first then released the pc a few months after to maximize console seal. I dont mind that if i get a better pc game.

Instead of creating a gold mine for piraters, IW gave 'em a treasure chest with a lock on it, and the simple downgrade will now result in much more sales largely in part based on the popularity of their multiplayer.
This is all based on the assumption the pirating is super hard and that every one is a pc gamer. Which is not true.

But why are we arguing. We both agree that they did it to get more money and that they want you to play it on your 360 or ps3. I agree with you there 100%.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2010, 01:22:28 PM
@Darkblade Dedicated servers make the PC version better. PC better = more piracy, slightly better PC sales, and much less console sales. that's the way I see it. I'll get to the rest of your post in a little bit.

Anyway, I assumed IW was smart enough to take advantage of IWnet and at least make it a bitch to pirate and play multiplayer (which they should have the capability of doing). There's no excuse on that one.

Take a look at the very end of my post. Your point does hold water like I said. If it wernt for the console sales, then yeah IW would be broke from pirates. But here's the thing, they have already made more money on MW2 than any other entertainment..Thing.

And since they're making more money than the pirates are downloading, there's no reason why PC versions shouldn't have Dedicated Servers. There's absolutely no reason.

ARTgames

I just wish the pc made iw a lot of money. But i know that's never going to be the case. And that's why i have a console. owh Darn. :(

Jake

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on January 16, 2010, 01:59:29 PM
@Darkblade Dedicated servers make the PC version better. PC better = more piracy, slightly better PC sales, and much less console sales. that's the way I see it. I'll get to the rest of your post in a little bit.

Anyway, I assumed IW was smart enough to take advantage of IWnet and at least make it a bitch to pirate and play multiplayer (which they should have the capability of doing). There's no excuse on that one.

Take a look at the very end of my post. Your point does hold water like I said. If it wernt for the console sales, then yeah IW would be broke from pirates. But here's the thing, they have already made more money on MW2 than any other entertainment..Thing.

And since they're making more money than the pirates are downloading, there's no reason why PC versions shouldn't have Dedicated Servers. There's absolutely no reason.
I just gave a good reason. A lot of money does not equal more money, and they always want more money. Always.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2010, 02:18:57 PM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on January 16, 2010, 01:59:29 PM

I just gave a good reason. A lot of money does not equal more money, and they always want more money. Always.

And how are they making more money by making all the PC owners mad who then go on to tell people not to buy it? If they put in Dedicated Servers and announced it big enough, I can guarantee you they would make an ass load of cash then.

And they already are making "more" than generally any entertainment business already. So it's just their dick move not to put dedicated servers in. It has nothing to do with money since they're already swimming in it. Oh yeah they'll do anything to get more, but seeing how they havn't put in dedicated servers in, I think they're pretty satisfied with all their money, and they're just doing whatever they want to the game now.

Lingus

Trust me. When it comes to decision making, it's always based on money. It doesn't matter how much they have. They want more. (And incidentally, just because a company brings in a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean they are doing well. If they start making poor business decisions a company can certainly fail regardless of how many sales they make.) In this case, and in most cases, game companies want to make console sales. It makes them more money. They certainly don't want to give people more of an incentive to buy it for the PC. And if it means spending more money (regardless of how much) to make the PC version better, then they definitely won't do it. Not to mention if what they would add would make it easier for pirates to get what they want... You have to see the flaw in that.

I think a lot of gamers don't fully understand that game makers are businesses. They are trying to make as much profit as possible. They care about how much fun their consumers have to the extent that it affects their profits. If the consumers will buy more, then they'll spend the money to make that happen. But if spending the extra money won't make them more money, or not as much, then they aren't going to do it.

ARTgames

which is why i say

"And if your on pc please, please buy it so they know they can make money here."

:P

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on January 16, 2010, 05:10:24 PM
which is why i say

"And if your on pc please, please buy it so they know they can make money here."

:P
Hah! Yea, I totally agree. I don't own a console and probably never will. I hate that consoles are so much more profitable :( Like how certain games don't come out for the PC at all... I guess that happens with consoles a lot too, but still :(