News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Bo-sox, January 14, 2010, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo-sox

I know there has been like 10 topics about this, but I still want some opinions. Should I get Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2? I have read reviews of it, and some think it sucks, and others praise it. So the question is should i get it? Like everyone, I will be getting the game for its multiplayer.

PS I will be getting it for the PC

Jake

If you enjoy multiplayer games, you'll love MW2, hands down. Most of the people who dislike it are usually the ones who dislike the multiplayer aspect and expect a long engrossing campaign (which it has, it's just short).

If you like FPS's at all, get it.

Bo-sox

Quote from: Jake on January 14, 2010, 07:36:40 PM
If you enjoy multiplayer games, you'll love MW2, hands down. Most of the people who dislike it are usually the ones who dislike the multiplayer aspect and expect a long engrossing campaign (which it has, it's just short).

tehrozzy

Quote from: Jake on January 14, 2010, 07:36:40 PM

I agree, the only two problems with it are
1: Short campaign, which still takes a few hours though.

2: No multiplayer local search function, making for laggy matches almost everytime if you dont live in the USA.

EpicPhailure

Multiplayer is the major thing CoD: MW got right, and they've done it again.

Bo-sox

Lots of people said that hackers run ramped in the multiplayer, is that true, and does it affect the ability to play that much?

Jake

Quote from: Bo-sox on January 14, 2010, 08:14:35 PM
Lots of people said that hackers run ramped in the multiplayer, is that true, and does it affect the ability to play that much?
I haven't seen a single hacker when I play. Are you getting it for console or PC?

Bo-sox

Quote from: Jake on January 14, 2010, 08:40:10 PM
I haven't seen a single hacker when I play. Are you getting it for console or PC?

PC

ARTgames

No not that bad at all. Im on pc and i will say i have not seen that many hackers. Like 1 and he was aimbotting. And if there were people hacking on the games i was playing then the hackes they have suck. Lag is a bigger problem in this game.

Theres no "lan" but you do host your own games. In other words if some one is on your network then you should get the full speed of it.

Also the single player is short but the spec ops is longer depending on the difficulty you play it on. Its also fun on co op.

And if anything i have over 100hrs of game play on pc. That should give you a hint that yes its a good game.

Bo-sox

cool thanks guys ;D

I am definitely going to get it. Oh and Artgames whats your IGN for multiplayer?

Azza

Quote from: Bo-sox on January 14, 2010, 09:09:10 PM
cool thanks guys ;D

I am definitely going to get it. Oh and Artgames whats your IGN for multiplayer?
If you want to add people, you'll need their Steam ID.
You can add me if you want, my Steam ID is YARRRR_

Bo-sox

cool thanks, ill add u when i get the game

ARTgames

Bo-sox

cool, i added u guys, mine is bosox42695

ARTgames

Check this out:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3674/

Free MW2 mplayer for a little while on steam. I would check it out if you don't have the game and like fps's.