News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Meiun, January 17, 2010, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

I just did the tutorial and a practice round with bots. I have to say, it's a pretty good interpretation of DotA. My IGN is summoner name is Kainerok, if that's what you look for to add people.

krele

It was just a matter of time when someone created a real DotA game... Mod had just too many limits. Too bad the heroes aren't the same, I had some personal favorites, haha.

Also, isn't HoN in closed beta state? You could only join if you got invited by someone... Aww the hell I'll just try LoL...

Thanks for posting this up.

EDIT: Is IceFrog in dev-team?... Because if he is I'll just delete WC3 from my PC, since I only need it to play DotA...

Any favorites by now? I have my eyes on Shaco... He looks like Kefka rip-off =D

EpicPhailure

I don't even know about any heroes right now. I haven't bothered to read up. The only ones I know of are Ashe from the Tutorial, and the Vegrain-something dude who looks like Vivi.

Lucifer

Quote from: krele on January 18, 2010, 12:36:16 PM
EDIT: Is IceFrog in dev-team?... Because if he is I'll just delete WC3 from my PC, since I only need it to play DotA...
Previous dota fans might enjoy reading this. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/articles/dota_and_lol
Btw, mah summoner's name is SatansPenguin.

krele

Quote from: Lucifer on January 18, 2010, 02:16:47 PM
Quote from: krele on January 18, 2010, 12:36:16 PM
Previous dota fans might enjoy reading this. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/articles/dota_and_lol
Btw, mah summoner's name is SatansPenguin.
Just read it moments ago looking for how to deny creeps... Just to find it being removed from DotA mechanics... That sorta sucks, but whatever...

I just played a practice match with Katarina. The hero seems ok.

My summoner's name is Krele

Meiun

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 18, 2010, 09:07:05 AM
I've seen DotA (even played a little myself; I got owned by level 1 cpus), and also saw my brother play a bit of Heroes of Newerth. I guess I'll try LoL, but the hero selection system sounds pretty weird to me. If I read it right, it means you don't actually get to choose the hero you want unless you pay?
No not exactly. It's a bit hard to explain. Basically, they provide you with a list of "free to everyone" heroes to choose from each week. If you want to have any of those, or the countless other heroes available to you all the time you can either buy them with points you earn from winning matches (no actual money required), or you can buy them with real money.

Quote from: krele on January 18, 2010, 02:58:57 PM
Just read it moments ago looking for how to deny creeps... Just to find it being removed from DotA mechanics... That sorta sucks, but whatever...

I just played a practice match with Katarina. The hero seems ok.

My summoner's name is Krele
They actually had an article about removing that. They had a number of reasons for it, but ultimately the biggest was that it dosn't make a lot of sense to kill your own troops... Either way, the game has so much more going for it than DoTA in my opinion that you hardly even notice it (atleast once you adjust).

Cactuscat222

Yeah - one of League of Legends founders/creators is Guinsoo, one of the developer of DotA (I forget what versions). Although alot of people discredit him with screwing it up when he was in charge. None the less, he knows what he is doing.

Either way, I believe my LoL name is Cactuscat222, like always.

IceFrog has no affiliation with League of Legends, but if you are really interested - IceFrog got a job deal with Valve for some project (http://www.playdota.com/forums/blogs/icefrog/264/great-news-dota-fans/). So we might be able to expect an actual DotA-like project not only from the current developer of DotA, but also from Valve, who makes kick@$$ stuff anyways.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Titan

Whoa just downloaded and installed and did tutorial and bot game.
I love this game its pretty sweet. Thanks for posting here ;D
Livin' in a lonely world.

EpicPhailure

I still can't get over the weekly free heroes thing. Unless you're willing to spend real money on Riot Credits, you're going to have to win at least 30 games just to buy a single hero, and there's a chance you won't even like them!

Although I admit that it DOES give you a chance to test 7 heroes a week, it's still not wise to force your customers to play a specific hero.

Meiun

Actually once you get good you can start raking in IP a lot faster than you'd think. I got the boxed copy for xmas that has 20 heroes and $10 of riot points, but have still managed to unlock a LOT more just off IP and I'm only level 18. You can on occasion get upwards of 200 IP in a single game, and there are a bunch of heroes that only cost 450 to unlock (and no hero is "better" than any other either, just different and some harder to play well). While the prices for some are indeed a bit steep and it certainly would take a long time to unlock all of them, through the weekly free heroes thing you definitely won't be forced to play a specific hero (especially as there are quite a few in each weekly batch) and over time can end up having played all them. Also, I would just be thankful this game is free at all. The game IS a commercial game whether it has a free version or not. If you go to the store you can find boxed copies of it on the shelf that unlock a bunch of the heroes. You are looking at it from more of a glass half empty perspective and not seeing that they have GIVEN you all this stuff to play free of charge, and instead are looking at all the stuff they have NOT given you.

EpicPhailure

How much did the Bundle cost you?

Meiun

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM
How much did the Bundle cost you?
The boxed copy you get in stores cost $30 (think I've seen it as low as $20 some places though) and includes about 20 champions (including many expensive ones), $10 of riot points, and some free runes. However if you check the ingame online store they have some champion bundles as well that are fairly reasonably priced I think.

Bloodseeker

I've been playing DotA for 4-5 years then I stopped at about 6.49 (I don't remember) , I saw videos about HoN and LoL , gotta pick HoN , pretty much the same style as DotA , just much more details on the graphics and characters. As for Demigod or LoL .... demigod sucks , just go and play Disciples this game rocks... as for LoL - not bad , but the action itself is so slow and lazy.
Thanks to Danimal for choosing my account for reactivation.

Magebolt

It's not Slow or Lazy to me. I quiet like it and am getting addicted.
Sweet just bought my first character, I've gotten so use to her i always use her :3 lol
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

krele

Meh... I hate how the games are being created... Having to wait a minute for before playing the game is sort of bad... They could've just made a lobby system...

Other than that, the gameplay is fine... I just lost a match x_X