News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Meiun, January 17, 2010, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magebolt

There is a lobby system for practice matches..... You should try that out way before proper games-_-
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

DivineLegend

i've heard of this, and i wanted to find out what it was. thanks for bringing it up meiun, i play DotA all the time, even today. But for some reason i was IP banned on the US West server for nothing for two weeks (wtf?) and they don't tell anyone why they are banned or for how long. I will try this out

Meiun

Quote from: krele on January 19, 2010, 08:35:44 AM
Meh... I hate how the games are being created... Having to wait a minute for before playing the game is sort of bad... They could've just made a lobby system...

Other than that, the gameplay is fine... I just lost a match x_X
Matchmaking is quick and easy and generaly gets you paired up with atleast reasonably balanced teamates. It usually only takes like 30 seconds, often less. But either way there IS a lobby system as well for those who want to use it.

Titan

Quote from: Meiun on January 19, 2010, 02:35:09 PM
Meh... I hate how the games are being created... Having to wait a minute for before playing the game is sort of bad... They could've just made a lobby system...

Matchmaking is quick and easy and generaly gets you paired up with atleast reasonably balanced teamates. It usually only takes like 30 seconds, often less. But either way there IS a lobby system as well for those who want to use it.
I don't wanna sound stupid, but how do I buy something? I go to the store and it shows how many points I would have left, but I can't figure out how to buy something.
Livin' in a lonely world.

krele

There is a lobby system other than practice matches? How do I access it? I can't try it out right now, and I couldn't find it yesterday...

This game is not as dynamic as DotA... Creep blocking and denying was really important aspect of the game and required skill... With this, all you need to be good is some common sense...

Also can anyone tell me, is there a creep based upon Roshan? I do see a red dot on the map as on the real dota, but I don't really wanna check it out during gameplay. How strong is that thing? What do you get from killing it?

DivineLegend

idk if i like it much... i have yet to play a full game though, but from what i saw, i liked the simplicity of dota more, like being able to tell where the shops were, but that could also be something that comes with time

Titan

I feel stupid, I had to scroll down XD
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lucifer

Quote from: DivineLegend on January 19, 2010, 03:24:40 PM
idk if i like it much... i have yet to play a full game though, but from what i saw, i liked the simplicity of dota more, like being able to tell where the shops were, but that could also be something that comes with time
Thing is, the new shop is 100x more simpler. In Dota, if you didn't know the items for your character, you would Not do well. (Besides the few characters that require no skill at all, Axe, Rikimaru, etc.) Now they give you some recommendations at least, so you're not stuck sitting there going "Anyone know the items for my char!?". If you want to play different styles than those suggestions, you're going have to sit down sometime and read through the items. (Or be lame and look up strategy guides...)
Quote from: krele
This game is not as dynamic as DotA... Creep blocking and denying was really important aspect of the game and required skill... With this, all you need to be good is some common sense...
I agree that this game seems a bit dulled down from the real thing. However I don't agree that Creep blocking and Denying required any skill whatsoever, and I believe it was a smart choice on their part to take it out. All you needed to creep block/deny was an extremely low ping, which then !@#$s over people who have higher pings. Plus, this gave ranged characters a HUGE advantage early game, and made Dota extremely unfriendly to new players. Every game I played was always a battle of killing off your own creeps, not actual fighting. Wheres the fun in that?

Meiun

This game is actually a good amount more user friendly and "simpler" in the good ways, but more complex in a lot of fun and cool new ways. There is only one shop (the one at your base), and it gives you recommended items based on your character as Lucifer said that help a lot for noobs.

Quote from: krele on January 19, 2010, 03:12:52 PM

There is a lobby system other than practice matches? How do I access it? I can't try it out right now, and I couldn't find it yesterday...

Also can anyone tell me, is there a creep based upon Roshan? I do see a red dot on the map as on the real dota, but I don't really wanna check it out during gameplay. How strong is that thing? What do you get from killing it?
You can access the lobby via Selecting Bot & Practive game from the game select menu. You still receive IP and EXP from lobby games, just at a reduced tate. As for the Roshan like creep, yes there is one (not sure it spawns right away though). It's marked by a red skull and crossbones to the leftish and up a bit from the center of the map. It is fairly tough and you all need to be in the mid to upper teen levels with your team to take him typically. As for the game being dull and just requiring common sense... I definitely disagree but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't think you will make it awfully far in later matches with that attitude ;) There are countless tactical and other advanced things in this game that are possible. For instance, with blitzcrank you can rocket grab people into towers and bushes with ganks waiting, combo in that heimerdinger guys turrets with that or the alchemist guys toss move to further move them to wherever you like. Just as an example.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Lucifer on January 19, 2010, 04:21:55 PM
Thing is, the new shop is 100x more simpler. In Dota, if you didn't know the items for your character, you would Not do well. (Besides the few characters that require no skill at all, Axe, Rikimaru, etc.) Now they give you some recommendations at least, so you're not stuck sitting there going "Anyone know the items for my char!?". If you want to play different styles than those suggestions, you're going have to sit down sometime and read through the items. (Or be lame and look up strategy guides...)
Quote from: krele
I agree that this game seems a bit dulled down from the real thing. However I don't agree that Creep blocking and Denying required any skill whatsoever, and I believe it was a smart choice on their part to take it out. All you needed to creep block/deny was an extremely low ping, which then !@#$s over people who have higher pings. Plus, this gave ranged characters a HUGE advantage early game, and made Dota extremely unfriendly to new players. Every game I played was always a battle of killing off your own creeps, not actual fighting. Wheres the fun in that?

It takes more skill than a low ping to creep deny. You have to time it just right, know your characters attack speed, his range, and the damage so that you can get the last hit. If you have a high ping, don't play, lol. But don't get me started on the game mechanics, most everyone who plays DotA or the like plays Easy Mode, which heavily unbalances the game.

Yeah, the recommended items list in both LoL and HoN(Yes, Heroes of Newerth has the recommended items too) are awesome. They are incredibly helpful to new and old players alike.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Scotty

No Linux client?  Damn...

Magebolt

I hate how addicted i am :/ ahahah.
It's so fun specially when you win ahah. You just gotta learn not to die so much :P
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

DarkBlade325

Not a huge fan of RTS to be honest, I could never get into them.

I guess you can call me an FPS dunce since 90% of the games I play right now are FPSs(es). But I have heard good things about LoL.

Meiun

Quote from: Magebolt on January 20, 2010, 02:14:01 AM
I hate how addicted i am :/ ahahah.
It's so fun specially when you win ahah. You just gotta learn not to die so much :P
Haha yep, it can be pretty addictive and fun. Winning is definitelly satisfying, but losing can be pretty frustrating as well :P

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on January 20, 2010, 03:18:46 AM

I guess you can call me an FPS dunce since 90% of the games I play right now are FPSs(es). But I have heard good things about LoL.
It's actually really not your typical RTS at all. It does require a lot of strategy and work from a similar view (and even have a few elements from) your typical RTS, but you only control your one character and it's almost a bit more of an action like game.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Meiun on January 20, 2010, 03:20:21 AM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on January 20, 2010, 03:18:46 AM

It's actually really not your typical RTS at all. It does require a lot of strategy and work from a similar view (and even have a few elements from) your typical RTS, but you only control your one character and it's almost a bit more of an action like game.

Huh..Well shit I might have to give it a try. I dislike having to control masses of different units to be honest, so yeah I'll give it a shot.

Still, I stand by my ruling of being a FPS dunce. Key word being dunce- I don't know RTS strategy at all. Putting me in a game that takes that kind of strategy is like giving a turtle a Rubik Cube and expecting it to solve it in 10 seconds.