News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Meiun, January 17, 2010, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Besides Yi are the any other really good dps characters?

Also My in game name is GiantEvilKitten.(I'm playing now, so if you want to play, i'm available
Livin' in a lonely world.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Titan on January 22, 2010, 10:41:10 PM
Besides Yi are the any other really good dps characters?

Also My in game name is GiantEvilKitten.(I'm playing now, so if you want to play, i'm available

Rammus's 'Q' skill is somewhat alike Yurnero the Juggernaut's Blade Fury Skill: http://web.dota-allstars.com/heroes/2864

Meiun

There are a lot of good DPS heroes, Jax is really good, Warwick is pretty good, among many others. Those are just two of my favorites.

Lucifer

Twisted Fate is by far my favorite character, and since I have a lot of time on my hands, and enjoy doing it, I created a few builds for him. The first one I created was an Ability Power build. This way of playing gives Twisted Fate's wild cards ability insane amounts of damage, allowing you to abuse from a safe distance. The second build focuses on Attack Speed and Critical hits, and is basically my version of the recommended items. This build focuses on stunning and slowing enemy champions with Pick a Card, and abusing them with your basic attack. The third build was inspired by my creation of the second build, and focuses on speed. Every item in the build (with the exception of the ability cooldown reduction item, Frozen Heart) increases your movement speed. I named this build the Mobility Build, and is thus far my favorite. Nobody on the map is safe when you use this build correctly.

One thing, and the most important thing, is that you can't play Twisted Fate like any other ranged DPS character. His playstyle focuses on hitting and running, then moving in when they're weak. Don't expect to win a 1v1 by standing there chucking your cards, Twisted Fate has a very low amount of health. Get a Gold Card with Pick a Card, stun them, Wild Card or Basic Attack them depending on your build, and retreat. Repeat. Spend a few bot practice games learning how to time Pick a Card correctly, as this is the backbone to every build I've posted. For anyone completely new to him, remember that it is not random, the order is Blue-Red-Gold. Also remember that it does not start over at blue each time, it starts where you left off. Even though the Ability Power build focuses on Wild Cards, you'll notice I suggested you get Pick a Card first. This is because the only thing increasing Pick a Card's level does is increase the damage, the 2.5 second stun is there from the start. If you learn to time a Gold Card every time, you will be the most feared champion in the game.

Twisted Fate is a support character, and as such, you may not be getting the last hits all the time (Unless you choose the Mobility Build, ehehehehehe...). This may cause you to look at your score and go =(, but don't be disheartened, you are a Huge part of your team. On the subject of teams, Twisted Fate completely relies on teamwork. If your team is doing poor, he will do poor. So try to jump around and help everyone out! Gate will allow you to do this with ease.

Good Luck!

*edit*
Oh crap, I got carried away and forgot the link!
http://www.filefront.com/15466701/Twisted-Fate-Builds.rar/

If you look at these and are confused, the order is; Item descriptions, then the order I recommend you buy them, then the order I recommend you get abilities. The 5 4 3 2 1 0 to the right of the items indicates how many spaces you'll have left. Feel free to offer suggestions for improving them!

P.S. One thing I forgot to add was suggestions on Summoner Abilities, Masteries, and Runes. If you're completely lost on those subjects, I recommend you go Utility for Masteries, Ghost and Flash (or Heal if you're a lower level) for Abilities, and I can't really give you an expert opinion on runes, as I don't pay much attention to them yet. As of now I have a bunch of rank 1 Ability power and Mana Regen/Max Mana runes.

*Edit2*
If anyone tried out the mobility build, I just found out that Lich Bane doesn't work correctly with Trinity Force, so I'm working on replacing it.

Titan

Wondering if anyone has tried out the new heros yet?

Pantheon is my new favorite, even if his ulti does suck.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Meiun

Quote from: Titan on February 10, 2010, 05:17:31 PM

Yep, I love Pantheon. His ult dosn't suck at all either, its actually incredibly useful. It may not be the best killing move, but a free teleport with shorter cooldown than the spell version is super useful. Also, when timed right it can do a ton of damage, not to mention it definitely clears the crowd when they see you coming.

Lucifer

Quote from: Meiun on February 10, 2010, 05:21:19 PM

Yep, I love Pantheon. His ult dosn't suck at all either, its actually incredibly useful. It may not be the best killing move, but a free teleport with shorter cooldown than the spell version is super useful. Also, when timed right it can do a ton of damage, not to mention it definitely clears the crowd when they see you coming.

I'm really not sure why people are bitching about Pantheon. It's as is they don't realize that this game, like dota (and even more so), is a team based game. Pantheon's ability is combining Gangplank's ultimate with Twisted Fate's Gate, and like both of those abilities, they have multiple uses. The most effective way to use Gangplank's ultimate is not to plant it on top of an enemy, but to cut off lanes of escape, allowing your team to catch up with fleeing targets and slaughter them. Pantheon does this AND sticks himself right in the middle of the battle. This much maneuverability is amazing in a game like this, but its purpose isn't for jumping around soloing everything that moves, as the complaining players seem to think.

Meiun

Quote from: Lucifer on February 10, 2010, 06:22:26 PM
Quote from: Meiun on February 10, 2010, 05:21:19 PM

I'm really not sure why people are bitching about Pantheon. It's as is they don't realize that this game, like dota (and even more so), is a team based game. Pantheon's ability is combining Gangplank's ultimate with Twisted Fate's Gate, and like both of those abilities, they have multiple uses. The most effective way to use Gangplank's ultimate is not to plant it on top of an enemy, but to cut off lanes of escape, allowing your team to catch up with fleeing targets and slaughter them. Pantheon does this AND sticks himself right in the middle of the battle. This much maneuverability is amazing in a game like this, but its purpose isn't for jumping around soloing everything that moves, as the complaining players seem to think.
Yeah exactly. It's not all about doing tons of damage, getting kills, and soloing people. It is actually pretty easy to end up losing a game that your team is way ahead in with kills if you don't work well together and cover your towers etc. Having the ability to not only get anywhere you need fast, but come in with a bang is super helpful. One of my favorite ults to be honest.

Magebolt

I've really been getting into this lately, When i do have time away from studies and that. I was just wondering who still played and wanted to play together some time etc.
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

EpicPhailure

I still play, but I rarely play in solo queue. I only do prearranged or ARAM games.

My favorite heroes have now switched to the versatile off-tanks, such as Nasus, Xin Zhao, etc.

Magebolt

Do you have a set group of people you play with or something? ahah i never see you online and i'm pretty sure i have you added..
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

EpicPhailure

Yeah, I play with some friends.

I may or may not have you added. Mine is Kainerok.

EDIT: Yeah I don't have you added.

T-Rok

I still play. Infact I just got out from a game. :P In game name is TRok92

My main champions are Shaco, Twitch and Twisted Fate.