News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

My First Sprite EVER!

Started by Sainomi, January 18, 2010, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magebolt

I can't even see the pictures?
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

yottabyte

What's considered as a sprite? I don't quite know really...

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

11clock

I see you are improving. Keep up the good work!

@yottabite Simply a picture used in a game.

yottabyte

Well that could really be anything. It's hard to say if it's good if I have nothing to compare with  :-\

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Sainomi

thanks 11Clock Sorry For MultiPosting +_+
I will keep makeing sprites now And the guy who asked
me who can't see it Your computer might be old cause
everyone see it

venuse

sain one thing you should do is try to make something from your own mind, or if you are adventurous and willing to spend some time, try finding other people's sprites and use them as reference on how things should or might be done. although look at art that is above your own current abilities so that you can progress. start with small sprites with simple shapes so that you can get an understand of shape and design. if you truly want to become better study professional sprites, look what colors they used and where and maybe why.

sorry im probably not much help, but then again i stink at teaching hahaha or explaining myself to others. quick question if you dont mind answering it, how old are you because you seem young too me, if you arent young i apologize for thinking so.
a really good site for tutorials and sprite art. http://www.pixeljoint.com/

Sainomi

Quote from: venuse on January 20, 2010, 05:39:14 PM
sain one thing you should do is try to make something from your own mind, or if you are adventurous and willing to spend some time, try finding other people's sprites and use them as reference on how things should or might be done. although look at art that is above your own current abilities so that you can progress. start with small sprites with simple shapes so that you can get an understand of shape and design. if you truly want to become better study professional sprites, look what colors they used and where and maybe why.

sorry im probably not much help, but then again i stink at teaching hahaha or explaining myself to others. quick question if you dont mind answering it, how old are you because you seem young too me, if you arent young i apologize for thinking so.
a really good site for tutorials and sprite art. http://www.pixeljoint.com/
I already went to that website And yes i am young only 11 years old
i knowed Stick online when i was 9 =D Cool Huh I tried to make a gun
that looks like a good one But Failed But Right now im Watching my Anime
I will keep Doing Sprites Later

venuse

well glad to hear you are continuing to try, that is key to getting better, and patience. when you start out you are probably gona get frustrated because you cant produce what you envision, hell i still have that happen and ive been doing this stuff for a few years hear and there.

also i was thinking you were about 10 or 12 and its a good thing you are starting now while you are young :) if your school offers art classes later you might want to take a few, they can help with spriting even if you cant draw, like me hahaha.

Chaos

Honestly, I would practice drawing.  It helps a lot, since a lot of the same concepts carry over from one to the other.

My entire experience with spriting was from doing a lot of doodling and from observation on sprites from commercial games.  Look at what they did and think about why they did it, and why it makes the object look good.  Stick Online 2's blob was the first sprite I made for a game, with no real previous practice, not including the shitty original version of my Goldenblade RPG.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Sainomi

Quote from: Chaos on January 20, 2010, 07:09:10 PM
Honestly, I would practice drawing.  It helps a lot, since a lot of the same concepts carry over from one to the other.

My entire experience with spriting was from doing a lot of doodling and from observation on sprites from commercial games.  Look at what they did and think about why they did it, and why it makes the object look good.  Stick Online 2's blob was the first sprite I made for a game, with no real previous practice, not including the shitty original version of my Goldenblade RPG.
May i Draw Your Avater Sir?

Chaos

Jake says:

Sainomi

added New Stick Set And A sword
The Sword Was Easy to make And i liked how it look like
isn't it great  :D

stick d00d

The sword is much better then anything else you've done so far, good job.

Snakeman

Quote from: Chaos on January 20, 2010, 07:09:10 PM

But Chaos my avatar captivates the truly simpler style of your old work from that classic game of yours!