News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

PvP system Idea

Started by DeamonClawz, January 19, 2010, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeamonClawz

I want the PvP where you don't have to have PvP on to get hit. Mainly, because the game is boring without it.
The excuse of the current PvP system is that others don't get hit while afk, or newbies get raped by stronger peeps.

So, why don't you make an AFK tag, so that when you go afk, you're immune to obnoxious punks swinging GS's at the afkers?

Make people under 80 have a tag that says "Newbie" or something. They could be immune too, unless they turned PvP on. I don't see why it'd be hard. Considering the clan system had similar, if not the same mechanics.

You can just type  /afk for afk mode? Big whoop.

stick d00d

I like the /afk idea a lot, but it could probably be abused during pvp fights?

Lingus

Having the /afk feature would essentially put you back exactly where we are now. Anyone who doesn't want to be hit can just go afk. Sure, you can make it so if they move they come out of afk mode, but someone can still avoid being killed by using it.

I think Meiun's idea of anyone in a clan is on the old pvp style (you can get hit with pvp off) and anyone not in a clan is in the style it is now (you can't get hit with pvp off).

Alternatively, have an option when you create a new character. You can be full pvp or semi-pvp. Full pvp would be like the old stlye, except you can only hit other full pvp's with pvp off (you can't hit semi-pvp's with pvp off, but you can hit full pvp's with pvp off). And on semi-pvp it would be just like how it is now for everyone. You can't hit anyone unless they have pvp on. This is basically the same as how Meiun planned it except it depends on the player's choice rather than if they are in a clan or not. Except maybe this should only apply to non-clan players. Once you join a clan you are automatically switched to Full pvp.

Lucifer

http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=541.45
I'm not really sure if this idea is for So3, So2, or both, but I brought this up a little while ago, and I don't think Meiun ever saw it. Would be nice to hear his opinion. Honestly there doesn't really need to be an AFK system. If you get killed while you're afk, well then go sit down for a few minutes and walah you're at max health again. Dying in this game doesn't have that serious of effects that it would require such a system. I really don't think Stick Online 3 will change in that aspect.

As for the spawn killing of newbs, most of the time when it happened there was always someone there to help them, which helped create friendships between new players and the old ones. That's what I liked most about the old system. There was a certain sense of danger in the game, where you could be "Pked" at any second, which required you to actually play with other people. That's the fundamental difference between this game and most MMOs, it's actually fun to play with other people. In every MMO I've played, you've got about a 50% chance to either get a fun friendly team, or a team of jackasses. And that's just it, it's just a team, and generally when you're all done with your mission, you leave and forget about them in 10 minutes.

Anyways, point being, I think the old pvp system brought people together more. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. For me, anyways..