News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Pat, February 04, 2010, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFupigyIN8
Looks to be the introduction scene to New Vegas. I'm very excited to see this! I think its cool to see the city lit up like Reno in Fallout 2 and I hope it provides a similar atmosphere. What really made this special was when I saw the NCR flag at the end!!! This is going to be one interesting game.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DarkBlade325

Yeah this game has been on my to get list as well. Not high up there, but I will definately be getting it.

Man, I just hope mod support comes for the game like Fallout 3 did. I have a shit ton of mods on mine, quite fun.

One request.. MAKE FIRST PERSON RELOAD ANIMATIONS MODABLE!

ARTgames

They sure like to pan out with music playing from the spot they started. :P

Iv only played fallout 3 and i really like it. I know way little about the new one to make a judgment about it. I hope its good non the less.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: ARTgames on February 04, 2010, 08:49:52 PM
They sure like to pan out with music playing from the spot they started. :P

Iv only played fallout 3 and i really like it. I know way little about the new one to make a judgment about it. I hope its good non the less.

They made this trailer much like the Fallout 3 teaser trailer as well. With old music, camera panning back to the back of someone, ect ect.

They also made the head turning scene identical to the Brotherhood of Steel soldier on the start up of Fallout 3. Good stuff.

Pat

All you will need to know for this one is, In the original fallouts there was a city called the New Californian republic (NCR) which tried to (Like the enclave) create a civilised law abiding country again, they contained their citizens in highly guarded walls and with the help of the GECK system they created life again. NCR was my least favourite place because the guards will kill you for almost anything. At the end of Fallout 2 NCR decided to start expanding, what you see at the end of the trailer is a NCR soldier looking over Vegas. It's pretty clear what has happened here.

Chaos

First I heard about the game, but looks bloody awesome.  Can't wait.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Jake

The game looks like it could be cool. One thing that disturbed me a bit is this...

"Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay."

It suggests that Fallout New Vegas will be a simulation, which I think is utterly stupid, despite the fact that it won't have much of a difference on how the game plays. I'm also wary about Obsidian Entertainment's role as the developer. They're a modest team, but not great. As long as they can deliver more quests, weapons, areas, and enemies without damaging the original formula, the game will do just fine. Just don't expect many new features or enhancements to the game over Fallout 3.

Pat

If thats a description from the site, they just try to put it so it seems as if they are vault tec. Doesn't mean it will be a simulation.

Jake

Quote from: Pat on February 04, 2010, 10:05:22 PM
If thats a description from the site, they just try to put it so it seems as if they are vault tec. Doesn't mean it will be a simulation.
I don't understand your logic. You're basically saying they're lying to get their point across even though it's not really necessary to lie in the first place.

ARTgames

Quote"Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay."

I have a feeling this will be a in game ad.

Lucifer

Seriously? O:O:O:
I've loved every Fallout so far, can't wait!

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on February 04, 2010, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: Pat on February 04, 2010, 10:05:22 PM
I don't understand your logic. You're basically saying they're lying to get their point across even though it's not really necessary to lie in the first place.

It's written to be like an ad from Vault-Tec, I think.  You know, the in-game company that made the vaults?  Seeing as it is supposed to be using the same engine as Fallout 3, I don't think you have much to worry about.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

stick d00d

OMG, when does this game come out?!?!?!  :o :o :o

stick d00d

Nvm, just watched the video :P