News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Pat, February 04, 2010, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

In early March they're gonna give us a bunch of information about it.
New desktop :D
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6740/fnvs.jpg
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Jake

Quote from: Chaos on February 04, 2010, 10:55:57 PM
It's written to be like an ad from Vault-Tec, I think.  You know, the in-game company that made the vaults?
Yeah I know, but this ad from Vault-Tec is talking about a simulation of New Vegas. Why would they talk about this if it had no reference to the storyline? I'm merely speculation that the entire game takes place within a simulation. Of course, it won't really make much difference either way.

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on February 05, 2010, 12:52:26 AM
It's written to be like an ad from Vault-Tec, I think.  You know, the in-game company that made the vaults?
Yeah I know, but this ad from Vault-Tec is talking about a simulation of New Vegas. Why would they talk about this if it had no reference to the storyline? I'm merely speculation that the entire game takes place within a simulation. Of course, it won't really make much difference either way.

For any number of reasons.  Don't jump to conclusions.   :P
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Jake

Quote from: Chaos on February 05, 2010, 12:59:20 AM
Quote from: Jake on February 05, 2010, 12:52:26 AM

For any number of reasons.  Don't jump to conclusions.   :P
Oh don't worry, I never jump to conclusions.

Pat

UPDATE:
Leaked information possibly:
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2066/77205074.jpg
A summary posted by the original user that found this:
Quote- First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, Van Buren fans).
- Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact.
- You don't play a Vault Dweller (or descendant of one) but a courier, left for dead and saved by a friendly robot.
- The overarching story is a struggle between the locals, Caesar's Legion (a faction of slavers from the east) and the New Californian Republic. Vegas itself is mostly intact. Both karma and reputation are tracked. If I'm reading it right there's separate reputations for each of the settlements, as in 1 and 2.
- All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there's no punishment for failure.
- Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.
- VATS returns, and melee weapons have special moves in it. The golf club has "Fore!", which is a shot to the golf balls (so to speak) that knocks the opponent down. Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending mans flying.
- Super Mutants return, but in two varieties - the smarter ones from Fallout 1, and the idiot ones from Fallout 3. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.
- New weapons include what appears to be an M4 and a grenade machinegun.
- Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".
- Hardcore Mode! In this mode, Stimpacks heal over time (as opposed to instantly), combat is tougher, ammo has weight and you can suffer dehydration, so keep some water on you
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

stick d00d

Quote from: Pat on February 06, 2010, 08:13:58 PM
UPDATE:
Leaked information possibly:
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2066/77205074.jpg
A summary posted by the original user that found this:
Quote- First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, Van Buren fans).
- Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact.
- You don't play a Vault Dweller (or descendant of one) but a courier, left for dead and saved by a friendly robot.
- The overarching story is a struggle between the locals, Caesar's Legion (a faction of slavers from the east) and the New Californian Republic. Vegas itself is mostly intact. Both karma and reputation are tracked. If I'm reading it right there's separate reputations for each of the settlements, as in 1 and 2.
- All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there's no punishment for failure.
- Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.
- VATS returns, and melee weapons have special moves in it. The golf club has "Fore!", which is a shot to the golf balls (so to speak) that knocks the opponent down. Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending mans flying.
- Super Mutants return, but in two varieties - the smarter ones from Fallout 1, and the idiot ones from Fallout 3. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.
- New weapons include what appears to be an M4 and a grenade machinegun.
- Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".
- Hardcore Mode! In this mode, Stimpacks heal over time (as opposed to instantly), combat is tougher, ammo has weight and you can suffer dehydration, so keep some water on you
That is awesome, god I want this game so bad now..