News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

starcraft 2 is out

Started by ARTgames, February 18, 2010, 07:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

edit old stuff...
http://www.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

what else do you need to know?

update 5/3/2010:
"Starcraft II launches July 27"
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260963.html

New stuff:
Its out, go pay your $60 and have lots of fun. I expect reviews people.

EpicPhailure

Ohhh mah gawd. Too bad my laptop is crap.

Seifer

stick d00d

Cool I remember playing the first one at a friends house a long time ago, took em a while to make a new one :P

EpicPhailure

They DO make all of their games perfect, otherwise they make it an expansion.

Meiun

Quote from: EpicPhailure on February 18, 2010, 11:02:00 PM
Sure as hell take their sweet time doing it. But in a world where 99% of new games suck (in my opinion at least), I suppose whatever it takes to make it good is worth it. I say they scrap the mac versions to reduce production time of their games :P

DivineLegend

Quote from: Meiun on February 18, 2010, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on February 18, 2010, 11:02:00 PM
I say they scrap the mac versions to reduce production time of their games :P
AMEN MEIUN! AMEN!

Lucifer

Bumpity bump bump!

I got accepted into the SC2 beta a while ago, but I only just got around to testing it last night. Pretty damn good so far, just as addicting as the original, with much of the same feel. I was annoyed at first at the lack of a few of my favorite units from the first game, namely the Firebat, Medic, Vulture, and Goliath for Terran. The Vulture has been replaced by the Hellion, an ATV type vehicle with a flamethrower nifty for taking out zergling spam. The Goliath was replaced by the Thor, which is basically a !@#$ing HUGE version of the goliath, and is hillariously voiced by Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Firebats were replaced by Murauders, but instead of flamethrowers they use Grenade Launchers. The only replacement I see for Medics is that the Dropship can now heal. I'm not complaining about any of this however, I appreciate that they didn't just take all of this time to copypasta the same game with better graphics.

On that note, there are tons of new improvements and strategies to work with. I remember in Starcraft 1 it was a pain in the ass to siege a well defended base, the terrain on most maps had you up on a hill with only a couple paths leading up. Now they've implemented a new idea, much like Assault Marines in Dawn of War, many units can now climb up and down hills with jetpacks or other means. This adds a whole new element to the game, no sides of your base are safe. (Well alright they never were, but not they're even less!) I've only played three games so far, getting used to the new concepts of each race. I'll begin playing multiplayer soon, and post some more details later.

Anyone else get into the Beta? I hear they're now sending out Friend Invites now, some people are selling them online for $200-$300 XD.

Meiun

I'd be happy to take one of those friend invites off your hands if you happened to have a spare :D

EpicPhailure

Actually, I think that the Goliath AND the Valkyrie was replaced by the Viking, which is really just a transformer between the two. The Thor is just the big !@#$ing mech for ground like the Battlecruiser is for Air.

Aqua

Quote from: Meiun on March 18, 2010, 08:33:27 PM
I'd be happy to take one of those friend invites off your hands if you happened to have a spare :D
Gotta say that if Luci gets one, you'll certainly be the first. Probably everyone here wants one and doesn't have to ask, it's just up to Luci to give if he can (and wants to).
~Aqua

DarkBlade325

Yeah i'd be nice if I could get my hands on one. If any of yah happen to get a spare, PM me one. Many thanks.

Lucifer

Lmao, sorry to disappoint people, but if I do happen to get one it's going to my starcraft addict friend. If by some random chance I get more than one, I'll be sure to give them out here. On that note though please, no more posts asking for one...

Anyways, I played a few more games before going back home (my sister's epic pooter is at my dad's house), and I'm still loving it. I haven't won a single multiplayer game however, been getting eeepiiiclly raped. By some strange luck every game I've played so far has been vs Zerg, and they all seem to be professional rushers. Or maybe I just suck, /shrug. One thing that I find ridiculously funny, is that Supply Depots can now lower and raise themselves, so your workers can now never be stuck after building them. This also doubles as effective anti-zergling rush shields, placing three of them at your entrances makes for some good gates.

Cactuscat222

My friend just hooked me up - gonna try it today. Luci, or anyone else who has it, let me know, I'd love to play some matches against my fellow sticks.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DivineLegend

I don't know if many of you know, but if you preorder starcraft 2 at gamestop (online or in the store), and also amazon (where i got mine), you can get a beta key to start playing. I just ordered yesterday off of amazon and it said up to a 5 day waiting period on it. but i played at my friends house, and i gotta say, that starcraft 2 is a little more user friendly than sc1. stalkers by far are my favorite unit though.