News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online won't start :< -SOLVED-ish...

Started by Lucifer, February 21, 2010, 03:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

I'm having trouble getting Stick Online to run on the laptop I'm using. When I run the .exe it doesn't do anything except make a little beep noise, and doesn't even show up in task manager. For some reason I always have problems running SO on laptops, they just don't seem to like it very much. The problems persisted for a few weeks now, so obviously I've restarted, as well as re-downloading it multiple times. I also tried disabling my firewall and antivirus just to make sure it isn't being blocked or something, no luck.

It's a fairly old laptop I believe, my mom brought it home from work few weeks ago and said they didn't need it. Here's the specs.

Name: Lenovo T60
CPU: Intel T2300 @ 1.66ghz
Graphics Card: Intel GMA 950 128mb
Memory: 1GB

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

JoEL

So do you know exactly how old this laptop, if not then maybe check it's DirectX version.

GM executables require DirectX 8+

(I'm not sure on the actual problem its self, but this could be a possible reason)

Lucifer

I really don't know the history on this laptop, but its got Direct X 9.0c. I've only tried two old games on it so far, The Sims 1 and Fallout 1, also I've been playing a Nintendo DS Emulator with no trouble whatsoever. Anyways point being, it's not an older than jesus laptop, probably only 5 years or something. Pretty sure it should be able to play SO, in any case.

igufed

*shrug* Not sure if Windows updates would help, but, is it up-to-date? 

Is there anything in the Event Viewer that may say something?
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Looperpuck

Hmm, only thing I could think of is, Do you have enough space on your harddrive to actually load and play Stick-Online?

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lucifer

@Igufed
It actually wasn't up-to-date, I kept getting an error when trying to install the latest security update, but I googled how to fix it after reading this, and installed it as well as service pack 3 which was apparently right after it. Sadly I still get the same problem, it just beeps and does nothing if I try to run it.

@Looperpuck
I've got 7gigs of space left, I think that's more than enough.

Danimal

http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=606.0

I believe that it could be the same issue as this topic, although I never understood it, I got around it by using an account on my computer without admin privileges.

Lucifer

...That's incredibly odd o.O. I opened my guest account, tried it, and walah, it works. Mind = Blown, thanks Dan!