News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your favorite old games?

Started by Titan, February 24, 2010, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

Legend of Zelda (NES)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Midtown Madness (PC)
Mario 64 (N64)

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Chaos

Quote from: igufed on February 25, 2010, 01:31:49 PM
Midtown Madness (PC)

Oh christ, I remember LANing that game at my cousin's house.  That game was awesome!  XD
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

igufed

Yea, was my first online game I played.

Made a site for it just to show ss/videos and such when a few friends still got together and played after it died down..:  http://midtown.mebeingcreative.com
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Bloodseeker

Thanks to Danimal for choosing my account for reactivation.

DivineLegend

starcraft was released in 98 0.o and the original post did say pre 2000

Scotty

Quote from: DivineLegend on February 25, 2010, 03:26:47 PM
starcraft was released in 98 0.o and the original post did say pre 2000

For half the folk here that weren't even born when that game came out, that still doesn't make it a classic.  Classics (console games at least) are considered those that you have to beat the ever-living shit out of the console from frustration and spend 20 dollars on cleaning crap to clean out the cartridges.  All that comes AFTER the initiation which involves you passing out from self-induced asphyxiation due to blowing furiously on the little plastic piece of crap thinking that will fix it.

For PC's, if it isn't ran from DOS Prompt, it isn't a classic.

Case in point would be two games: King's Quest and Quest for Glory (OMG I LOVE me some QFG, still play it as a matter o' fact!).

Lucifer

Old for me is late 1990s, and mostly PC games. I didn't have consoles as a kid, and only got into pooters shortly after DOS. But a few DOS games I played way back when were Castles 1/2, Battle Chess, Out of this World, and Alone in the Dark. Fun stuff.

Quote from: Chaos on February 25, 2010, 02:22:54 PM
Quote from: igufed on February 25, 2010, 01:31:49 PM
Midtown Madness (PC)

Oh christ, I remember LANing that game at my cousin's house.  That game was awesome!  XD
Christ, I used to go over to Haon's house and play that all the time.

stick d00d

It's hard to pick favorites... for N64 i was obsessed with that Cruisin' Usa racing game or w/e it was called, Smash Bros., any Mario game, 007 Golden Gun, mario kart.. For PS1 & 2 .. all the Crash Bandicoot games, Madden games, NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Underground(as well as the other NFS games), Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, FF12, and many more I can't remember... I know most of these aren't "old" but they are all good games.

Ciro

Ahh! How could I forget about Kirby! D: Durrr!

Anyone ever play the Rampage series?

And I'll prolly get reemed for mentioning this... but I'm sorry, Sesame Street, NES was an awesome game o-o I mean, I was a kid at the time, but it was a GREAT game

and this game in it, this was the shit..... oh man I miss this childish game. O-o Hell, I feel like going out to my video game store to go out and buy it... XD

AHHHHHHHHHHH and Snake Rattle N' Roll!!! AHH! How could I forget that one too!?!

Torch

I got into video games with the original gameboy. My favorite games on that were super mario and pokemon red. My first competitive game was Warcraft 3, which I still play today.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Scotty on February 25, 2010, 03:47:43 PM
Case in point would be two games: King's Quest and Quest for Glory (OMG I LOVE me some QFG, still play it as a matter o' fact!).

The King's Quest Series and Quest for Glory series were absolutely amazing. I've played every single one, except for QFG 2, because that one just sucked having to navigate a maze the size of the universe every second of the game. :( I actually was broadcasting alot of the deaths that can occur in QFG: So You Want To Be A Hero not long ago xD

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Ciro

I had to ask my mom what this oldschool game was,

Air Fortress

Anyone remember this game? I don't think it was on the top classics, but it sure was a pretty hard game o-o

Seifer

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on February 25, 2010, 10:33:24 PM
Quote from: Scotty on February 25, 2010, 03:47:43 PM

The King's Quest Series and Quest for Glory series were absolutely amazing. I've played every single one, except for QFG 2, because that one just sucked having to navigate a maze the size of the universe every second of the game. :( I actually was broadcasting alot of the deaths that can occur in QFG: So You Want To Be A Hero not long ago xD

I've played all the QFG's, but god do I ever love the 5th. I've even gone so far as to dual-boot XP just to run it.

ARTgames

These games are a lot older than me but video Olympics and pitfall were really fun games for the 2600.

Pat

Fallout 2 (PC)
Half-life (PC)
Megaman 3 (NES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Metroid (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Abe's Odyssey (PS/PC)
Crash Bandicoot (PS)
Spyro (PS)
Donkey Kong (Arcade / NES)
Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64)
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.