News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your favorite old games?

Started by Titan, February 24, 2010, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on February 25, 2010, 10:33:24 PM
Quote from: Scotty on February 25, 2010, 03:47:43 PM
Case in point would be two games: King's Quest and Quest for Glory (OMG I LOVE me some QFG, still play it as a matter o' fact!).

The King's Quest Series and Quest for Glory series were absolutely amazing. I've played every single one, except for QFG 2, because that one just sucked having to navigate a maze the size of the universe every second of the game. :( I actually was broadcasting alot of the deaths that can occur in QFG: So You Want To Be A Hero not long ago xD

IMO QFG2 was one of the most challenging. If you didn't have the manual, you were screwed.  My favorite out of all five were one and four. If I had to pick the worst, it would be three.  Then again I never went the paladin route which supposedly was the highlight of the game.  For some reason, I absolutely LOVE the cheesy old school graphics engine the used on the first (original) and second game.  I'd love to play more retro games with that same engine.  I'm going to have to waist this weekend to those games now!

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Scotty on February 26, 2010, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on February 25, 2010, 10:33:24 PM
Quote from: Scotty on February 25, 2010, 03:47:43 PM
Case in point would be two games: King's Quest and Quest for Glory (OMG I LOVE me some QFG, still play it as a matter o' fact!).

The King's Quest Series and Quest for Glory series were absolutely amazing. I've played every single one, except for QFG 2, because that one just sucked having to navigate a maze the size of the universe every second of the game. :( I actually was broadcasting alot of the deaths that can occur in QFG: So You Want To Be A Hero not long ago xD

IMO QFG2 was one of the most challenging. If you didn't have the manual, you were screwed.  My favorite out of all five were one and four. If I had to pick the worst, it would be three.  Then again I never went the paladin route which supposedly was the highlight of the game.  For some reason, I absolutely LOVE the cheesy old school graphics engine the used on the first (original) and second game.  I'd love to play more retro games with that same engine.  I'm going to have to waist this weekend to those games now!

Hehe, I like playing the VGA versions. Point and click is my favorite. QFG1 was my favorite as well, but I enjoy all of them, especially QFG4 like you said.

Another game I forgot was "The Incredible Machine" series. Lovelllly.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Looperpuck

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64)
Sonic Adventures 2 (Sega)
Mario Kart (N64)
Zelda: Majoras Mask (N64)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Crash Bandicoot (PS)
Spyro the Dragon (PS)
Frogger (PS)

~Looperpuck
Resurrected