News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Got a non-slim PS3? Got screwed?

Started by Scotty, March 01, 2010, 05:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Torch

This is pretty similar to the worries that people had about the computer clocks not being able to function past the year 2000.

ARTgames

You think they would have learned with psp.

Scotty

Quote from: Torch on March 01, 2010, 05:27:25 PM
This is pretty similar to the worries that people had about the computer clocks not being able to function past the year 2000.

On a reduced scale, yes, it definitely is.

Lingus

Quote from: Torch on March 01, 2010, 05:27:25 PM
Right, except that will only happen once in the history of digital record keeping. Obviously when keeping records digitally started, they didn't think about it, but now that it has happened everyone will always be aware of the issue.

In contrast, leap years happen every 4 years. How could Sony not have forseen this? Did they not think their product would be around in 4 years?

Scotty

That's what I find so genuinely funny about this.  It isn't a "what-if" issue.  This was BOUND to occur, so where's the mix-up?

ARTgames

Torch

ARTgames

No its still there. Its just what caused it went away (aka time past). Lets hope they don't count anything else wrong.

Lingus

True, but at least now they can push an update through PSN which fixes the problem for next leap year.

NotoriousM4^

Drop down cribs, break pads, now Fat PS3's? DAMN you companies that profit from cheap foreign labor!

stick d00d

Lol I went to save my game yesterday, and it told me the last save (March 1st) was on 12/31/1999 haha. Also it didn't save my trophies for Bioshock..

DarkBlade325

Quote from: stick d00d on March 03, 2010, 09:38:45 AM
Lol I went to save my game yesterday, and it told me the last save (March 1st) was on 12/31/1999 haha. Also it didn't save my trophies for Bioshock..

You..CLEVER BASTARD!

Traveling back in time after acquiring the games of today to show off to everyone!