News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Portal 2 opening in Q4!

Started by ARTgames, March 05, 2010, 05:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

an article:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252985.html
[UPDATE 3] Following weeks of cryptic teasers and a new Portal ending, Valve officially reveals new "full-fledged" sequel coming to PC and 360; GameStop listing confirms "multiplayer co-op mode,"

game stop item info:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77276

Lingus

Awesome!!!!

PS. Why didn't you put this in your other post?

ARTgames

well i guess i should have made 1 topic about Portal and post it there. ill use this one.

crozier

Never played this. Is the first one with "The cake is a lie" game?

Looperpuck

OMG I cant wait. Portal is such an epic game. And yes Crozier, this is the one with "The cake is a lie" You kinda gotta play the whole game to understand what that means. ;)

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lucifer

Quote from: Looperpuck on March 05, 2010, 08:18:50 PM
OMG I cant wait. Portal is such an epic game. And yes Crozier, this is the one with "The cake is a lie" You kinda gotta play the whole game to understand what that means. ;)

~Looperpuck
Or to be more precise, what it doesn't mean.

Looperpuck

Hahhaha Soo true Luci, soo true.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on March 05, 2010, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: Looperpuck on March 05, 2010, 08:18:50 PM

~Looperpuck
Or to be more precise, what it doesn't mean.
It doesn't mean that there's not a cake...

stick d00d

Damn they aren't putting it on ps3? Meh might just get it for PC then.. Also I think they should bundle it with another game, I wouldn't want to pay 50-60$ just for this one game...

ARTgames

Quote from: stick d00d on March 05, 2010, 11:06:35 PM
Damn they aren't putting it on ps3? ....

This is probably why. There is a crap load xbox360's out there. So if they make the game for both then they can make even more money. But why not the ps3 also? Well Valve makes PC games and the os you play games on is windows. Who owns windows? Microsoft. Who owns Xbox? Microsoft. Microsoft knows Valve makes good games so they probably tell them "hey if you make games for the xbox we will pay you and help you develop it." This way Microsoft gets more big name titles on there Xbox and can move more units and games. Also since valve makes PC games and that a lot of Xbox programmers are also pc programmers it makes it a lot easier to port from PC. That is not so true for ps3.

BUT! If Sony gets a big (I mean really big, like ps2) install base or trows money at Valve I bet they would get there games also. I think (Im not sure) Half-Life 1/The Orange Box is the only valve games on play station systems. I would not give up all hope. Maybe like month to a year or even the same time as PC and xbox (and that's a big maybe) ps3 might get it.

BTW: I'm not dissing ps3 saying they should not get it. I'm just saying why they might not.

That is all.

Assassininja

It might be that Valve doesn't have the resources to publish for the PS3.  As I recall, EA published the Orange Box for PS3, while Valve published for the other platforms.

ARTgames

yup thats basically the point. Its why Microsoft helped them do so for the xbox. Like you said ea helped ps3.

yottabyte

Awesome! I have only played the Portal demo but I will get The Orange Box when I have money on my paypal account. I'm looking forward to see this!

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)