News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone (OS) App?

Started by Dalekz, March 08, 2010, 05:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalekz

Hey everybody, long time no see, I was there way back in stick-online like 2006 or 2007 and only a played a bit after it became payed for, but I was wondering, an idea that I would find incredibly useful and I would always be using it, a stick-online iPhone/iTouch App? What do you think? If you still want it to be payed for you can make the app cost money.

Cactuscat222

Awesome idea in theory, would be a fun game to put on the iPhone, due to its relative simplicity. However, it is impossible as there is no way to convert GM over to Macs (until the Mac version of GM is released) and the fact that the iPhone OS uses a completely different language as well that wouldn't work. Basically, unless SO is rewritten in a completely different language, one that is cross-platform, then I don't forsee this happening anytime soon. Otherwise, yeah, it'd be cool.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lucifer

Bah! I wouldn't want all those stuckup Mac bastards playing anyways.

11clock

Quote from: Lucifer on March 08, 2010, 10:01:53 AM

I have a Mac. :-X

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on March 08, 2010, 04:57:38 PM

Well he was talking to you.

LeGuy

Lulz @ Clocky.

I sort of like the idea of playing S.O. on the go, but I'm not quite sure how Stick Online would be played with only a touch screen. Unless Apple comes out with some sort of bluetooth joystick or d-pad attatchment... or something.
Whee!

crozier

Quote from: LeGuy on March 08, 2010, 06:33:33 PM
Lulz @ Clocky.

I sort of like the idea of playing S.O. on the go, but I'm not quite sure how Stick Online would be played with only a touch screen. Unless Apple comes out with some sort of bluetooth joystick or d-pad attatchment... or something.
or stickfigure mind control.

Seifer

Would be hard as hell to do for one. Two, the controls would be so crippled on an Itouch. Three, Online is an issue.

Torch

First off, your title reads "Iphone (OS) App?", when it should be "Iphone (SO) App?".

Second, I don't think it's possible to create a working app for an MMO.

scsox

Well, i know this isn't what you are talking about but if you want an app that links you directly to the s.o. website you can do that. first you open up safari; go to s.o. homepage; there is a + right on the bottom in the middle; tap it; and than press add to home screen. its a quick and easy way to access s.o. website on your iphone/itouch.

ARTgames

Quote from: scsox on March 08, 2010, 08:09:43 PM
Well, i know this isn't what you are talking about but if you want an app that links you directly to the s.o. website you can do that. first you open up safari; go to s.o. homepage; there is a + right on the bottom in the middle; tap it; and than press add to home screen. its a quick and easy way to access s.o. website on your iphone/itouch.
I think he means the who game.

Also i would like it also. I just don't see it ever happing.

scsox

Quote from: ARTgames on March 08, 2010, 08:37:53 PM
Quote from: scsox on March 08, 2010, 08:09:43 PM
I think he means the who game.

Also i would like it also. I just don't see it ever happing.
yes, i know it was just a suggestion for ppl to access the s.o. website from their apple products with ease.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Torch on March 08, 2010, 07:31:04 PM
First off, your title reads "Iphone (OS) App?", when it should be "Iphone (SO) App?".

Second, I don't think it's possible to create a working app for an MMO.

They have a working Online FPS game for the Ipod/Iphone, so its entirely possible - just not while Stick Online is made with GM.

There are really only a few buttons though, but yes, it would be clunky or cluttered.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

yottabyte

Quote from: 11clock on March 08, 2010, 04:57:38 PM

I can't think of a thing you don't have.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

WanMan

@Cactus, it is now possible to program iPhone apps on windows, they have been developing a windows sdk. One draw back though, I think you have to pay for it according to my mate who was thinking of learning objective C.