News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone (OS) App?

Started by Dalekz, March 08, 2010, 05:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Quote from: WanMan on March 09, 2010, 02:39:13 PM
@Cactus, it is now possible to program iPhone apps on windows, they have been developing a windows sdk. One draw back though, I think you have to pay for it according to my mate who was thinking of learning objective C.

Is that so? I haven't looked into iPhone app development since I learned it was only doable on Macs. None the less though, I still think SO would have to be rewritten in C++ or another Windows/Cross-platform language before a conversion to an iPhone app would even be possible.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

I think a mmo on a super portable device is just a bad idea. I mean nothing in the world would get would ever get done.

Chaos

Quote from: ARTgames on March 09, 2010, 06:18:47 PM
I think a mmo on a super portable device is just a bad idea. I mean nothing in the world would get would ever get done.

Other MMOs, perhaps.  On the contrary, I'd say SO would be perfect for a handheld, as there is nothing that needs to BE done.  You just play it to dick around.  Whipping it out (excuse the mental image) to play in the free 10 minutes before you go on to the next thing is practically the hallmark of handhelds, and SO would fit perfectly into that.

On the Iphone, though?  I don't know about that.  Sure, you have internet access at all times, but touch screen controls....eh.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

EpicPhailure

Quote from: WanMan on March 09, 2010, 02:39:13 PM
@Cactus, it is now possible to program iPhone apps on windows, they have been developing a windows sdk. One draw back though, I think you have to pay for it according to my mate who was thinking of learning objective C.

When did YOU get back?

Pat

Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Seifer

On topic Boys.

In all likeliness this probably will never happen. But I suppose we can dream.

ARTgames

Well what if meiun graduates collage and gets hired by apple?

Lucifer

Quote from: ARTgames on March 10, 2010, 12:06:12 AM
Then we kill him.

scsox

Quote from: Lucifer on March 10, 2010, 12:11:56 AM
Then we kill him.
. Maybe it = free shit

Seifer

No. We kill him. Apple is the devil, we can never let Meiun Convert.

Meiun

Haha yeah right. I've got nothing against apple really, but I don't think I'd ever consider working for them. Steve Jobs strikes me as a huge douchebag anyways (even if he is good at what he does/really smart).

Shadow

hey guys. I played Stick in 2009. I think the most of you know me with another name. But i don't wanna say this name cause all of you will hate me when i tell =)
I have a mac 2. And i have the programm "iphone_sdk_3.1.3". This is the latest version of the app create programm. I start to "programming" an app with my 3 best friends since 2 years. now it is in app store :) (the name of it is "flight control"). I know the programm and know how to create an app. If you are interested to test it.. give me the animations and 4-5 months. I will start to create it and when you are lucky it is in some mounths in the app store. I don't know if it works but i can test. I know this awesome programm. =)
~Shadow~

thekolla

I think we should just stick with pc. but it would be pretty cool to see it on a portable device.

Off topic:
Shadow i know exactly who you are

T-Rok

Well as some of you may or may not know, there are a bunch of different groups of people who work on creating programs to convert game maker games into cross-compatible programs. One such group has already created a game maker -> psp converter. http://gamemakerblog.com/2010/03/10/first-video-of-game-maker-for-psp/. I can confirm this as I have played it on my psp.

ARTgames

Quote from: T-Rok on May 05, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Well as some of you may or may not know, there are a bunch of different groups of people who work on creating programs to convert game maker games into cross-compatible programs. One such group has already created a game maker -> psp converter. http://gamemakerblog.com/2010/03/10/first-video-of-game-maker-for-psp/. I can confirm this as I have played it on my psp.

Wow, iv seen the flash and java converters. But this is also just as cool.