News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone (OS) App?

Started by Dalekz, March 08, 2010, 05:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Quote from: T-Rok on May 05, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Well as some of you may or may not know, there are a bunch of different groups of people who work on creating programs to convert game maker games into cross-compatible programs. One such group has already created a game maker -> psp converter. http://gamemakerblog.com/2010/03/10/first-video-of-game-maker-for-psp/. I can confirm this as I have played it on my psp.

That's not a separate group... That's the actual YoYo games (the ones who made Game Maker) team working on developing that PSP converter. Its up on their glog.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

T-Rok

Meh, I made a typo. There are 3rd party groups that are working on things like this though.

ARTgames

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 05, 2010, 06:13:10 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on May 05, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Well as some of you may or may not know, there are a bunch of different groups of people who work on creating programs to convert game maker games into cross-compatible programs. One such group has already created a game maker -> psp converter. http://gamemakerblog.com/2010/03/10/first-video-of-game-maker-for-psp/. I can confirm this as I have played it on my psp.

That's not a separate group... That's the actual YoYo games (the ones who made Game Maker) team working on developing that PSP converter. Its up on their glog.
link?

Meiun

Uhh, it's not a "group of people" making the PSP version of Game Maker. It's an official thing that yoyogames is doing for future development of GM. http://glog.yoyogames.com/

But yeah, either way. While I both have and enjoy my iPhone, if I "were" to develop an app for a phone, it would most likely be the Android. They are growing greatly in popularity, and are much better from a developers standpoint. Everything is much more open to developers, uses what in my opinion is a much better IDE and language than friggin "Objective C" and the mac only iPhone SDK, and you can distribute what you make much more freely (where as with the iPhone everything must go through and be screened by apple).

Forum

i wouldn't care to much if there was a new app like this because i don't even have a cell phone yet :(
Officially quitted

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on May 05, 2010, 10:36:38 PM
It's an official thing that yoyogames is doing for future development of GM. http://glog.yoyogames.com/

ty meiun.

Quote from: Meiun on May 05, 2010, 10:36:38 PM
Uhh, it's not a "group of people" making the PSP version of Game Maker.
But i think its mean that you don't think of the people who made game maker as people. that are in a group. Did they mess up your gm activation that much. (I'm kidding :P)

VolcomPunk

Quote from: Torch on March 08, 2010, 07:31:04 PM
First off, your title reads "Iphone (OS) App?", when it should be "Iphone (SO) App?".

Second, I don't think it's possible to create a working app for an MMO.

Actually, it is named appropriately, because the iTouch and iPhone are considered mobile operating systems.

jackel1994

Meiun if you ever come to hosting this for ipod, dont forget to support android phones too ;) This would be amazing

Meiun

Quote from: jackel1994 on May 27, 2010, 04:20:10 PM
Meiun if you ever come to hosting this for ipod, dont forget to support android phones too ;) This would be amazing
Look at my previous post on this page.

jackel1994

i need to read more. Well sweet, im glad you considered android ;)

xCoCex

BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

Seifer

ARTgames

@Seifer
Its a Game Maker game ported to the iPad. Stick online is made with Game Maker. The iPad runs almost the exact same OS that is on the Iphone. I think thats his point.

@XcoceX or Anyone
I was talking to Meiun about him porting Stick online to the Mac when Game Maker for the Mac comes out of beta. And to his replay; He said that his addons would not work that he uses to make his game.

(Me saying this) Now there may be equivalents to those addons but he does not want to remake those parts in his game if he is not going to get that many players from that platform.

Or in other word too much work for too little payers.

@video
I like how that game is like Game Maker's Doom when it comes to porting. : D

Seifer

Ahh. See now he should have mentioned as much. How should I have known?

But I agree porting to the mac is not worth the effort. Mac users need to suffer, not be spoiled.

11clock

Quote from: Seifer on September 28, 2010, 11:06:46 PM
Ahh. See now he should have mentioned as much. How should I have known?

But I agree porting to the mac is not worth the effort. Mac users need to suffer, not be spoiled.

I find this insulting to us Mac users. Why does everyone look down on the Mac? It has no viruses, no blue screen of death, it's organized, and it runs apps better.