News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone (OS) App?

Started by Dalekz, March 08, 2010, 05:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on September 29, 2010, 04:42:18 PM
Quote from: Seifer on September 28, 2010, 11:06:46 PM
Ahh. See now he should have mentioned as much. How should I have known?

But I agree porting to the mac is not worth the effort. Mac users need to suffer, not be spoiled.

I find this insulting to us Mac users. Why does everyone look down on the Mac? It has no viruses, no blue screen of death, it's organized, and it runs apps better.

He's joking. It suppose to make you happy.

Scotty

It has no viruses,

That's like saying that because I am invincible, I am impervious to gonorrhea...

I'm not a mac hater, but wear a condom.

bubba

But I agree porting to the mac is not worth the effort. Mac users need to suffer, not be spoiled.

:P Eh, hackintoshes own for several reasons

I find this insulting to us Mac users. Why does everyone look down on the Mac? It has no viruses, no blue screen of death, it's organized, and it runs apps better.
contrary to popular belief the window user's high horse is actually only about 3 inches in height.

JoEL

lol'd @ Mac having no viruses.

Seifer

I recall them having a contest where a bunch of geeks tryed to hack into, create virus's for, and other security issues into all three operating systems. Mac lost every time. Runs apps better? Your joking right? You mean the few apps that it actually has, sure. I never get BSOD, but then again, I look after my computer.

ARTgames

I'm going for the one on the right because that last number is bigger.  ;)

ARTgames

Cool stuff. Looks like game maker is getting better. Hope they make it a lot faster and take less memory.

havok

i like the idea but it will never happen not with v2 any ways plus i dont think meiun has the time to make it for iphone/ipod touch or the mac and programs to do so

T-Rok

I know this topic is old, but this is taken directly from the Game Maker news.

QuoteGame Maker Games on Mobile Devices

Friday October 1, 2010

Recently YoYo Games has shown that games created with Game Maker can easily be made to run on different devices. Check out the videos that show games running on a PSP, on an iPad and on an iPod Touch. Soon we will release information on how you can publish your games on such platforms as well.

havok

you have to look at getting it in the app store all so and ther server all the extra work that would have to be put in to it .It might happen for v3 but the donors sever it willl never happen srry

T-Rok

Quote from: havok on October 27, 2010, 10:29:19 AM
you have to look at getting it in the app store all so and ther server all the extra work that would have to be put in to it .It might happen for v3 but the donors sever it willl never happen srry

Actually it currently could never happen due to the fact Stick Online uses 39.dll. The iPod/iPhone/iPad does not have winsock. The only way this could even remotely happen is if someone created an exact replicated DLL using the iPod/iPhone/iPad's internet functions. Then Meiun would also have to want to put in the extra work. But even before any of this, the Game Maker -> iPod/iPhone/iPad port would also have to be updated to support DLL's because it currently does not.

havok

Quote from: T-Rok on October 27, 2010, 01:04:04 PM
Quote from: havok on October 27, 2010, 10:29:19 AM

Actually it currently could never happen due to the fact Stick Online uses 39.dll. The PSP does not have winsock. The only way this could even remotely happen is if someone created an exact replicated DLL using the PSP's internet functions. Then Meiun would also have to want to put in the extra work. But even before any of this, the Game Maker -> PSP port would also have to be updated to support DLL's because it currently does not.

i never said anything about a psp lol and i all so sound it would never happen so i dont get your post ?

T-Rok

Oh woops, I meant to put iPod/iPhone/iPad. xD

My previous post was to just show were things have progressed.

havok

Quote from: Meiun on May 05, 2010, 10:36:38 PM
Uhh, it's not a "group of people" making the PSP version of Game Maker. It's an official thing that yoyogames is doing for future development of GM. http://glog.yoyogames.com/

But yeah, either way. While I both have and enjoy my iPhone, if I "were" to develop an app for a phone, it would most likely be the Android. They are growing greatly in popularity, and are much better from a developers standpoint. Everything is much more open to developers, uses what in my opinion is a much better IDE and language than friggin "Objective C" and the mac only iPhone SDK, and you can distribute what you make much more freely (where as with the iPhone everything must go through and be screened by apple).

i have a andriod and would love that but i dont see it happining