News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2 Patch

Started by tehrozzy, March 31, 2010, 05:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPants

Quote from: ARTgames on April 02, 2010, 10:40:38 PM
Do you all like 3ed person shooters?
It really just depends on the game.

For example, Warhawk is very solid, but the community ruins it.

ARTgames

What about games like quake and counter strike, 007, ect. They are not really war Sims but are still fps.

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on April 02, 2010, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: Lingus on April 02, 2010, 07:16:17 PM
the barrel sites (what is that called I'm blanking) instead of floating crosshairs.

Iron Sights.
Thank you sir. That was kind of bugging me.

Pat

I love Uncharted 2 and playing L4D2 in third person and I am going to love Lead and Gold when I get it. Most people prefer FPS's though
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Pat on April 03, 2010, 04:07:51 AM
I love Uncharted 2 and playing L4D2 in third person and I am going to love Lead and Gold when I get it. Most people prefer FPS's though
Uncharted 2, so much good can be said for that game. Definitely the best 3PS I've ever played.
I'm a beast when I get the riot shield.  8)

Aaanyway, yeah, love L4D2, it's a great game, still kinda disappointing though, was hoping for something more, but it felt too much like a rehash of the first L4D.

stick d00d

GTA games have good third-person. I prefer fps though because I find it easier to aim.. Also in Fallout 3 the third person was hard to shoot with.

HamsterPants

Quote from: stick d00d on April 03, 2010, 07:53:36 AM
GTA games have good third-person. I prefer fps though because I find it easier to aim.. Also in Fallout 3 the third person was hard to shoot with.
Agreed.
Of course it's easier to aim.
Yup.

ARTgames

Quote from: stick d00d on April 03, 2010, 07:53:36 AM
yes
really? I don't find it any harder when using a mouse. Its easier some times because you can see more like you can see around stuff before you have to go out there. Using a controller on 3ed person is a diffrent story.
Well fallout3 was not really a good shooting game.

HamsterPants

Quote from: ARTgames on April 03, 2010, 01:09:54 PM
Well fallout3 was not really a good shooting game.
It depends on what gaming engine it's for.
And for what it's worth, the shooting is very unique.

Lucifer

I never did have any problem with Fallout 3's shooting system. It was a little more difficult than most, sure, but made it more realistic for me. I enjoyed turning off the HUD, crosshairs and all, and just aiming with the gun, and I do that for any shooter that allows it. The more realistic the experience, the more fun I have, to the point that I make 8| faces at shooters who don't use a clip system. I remember playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault back in the day, me and my brother would stick in hacks that made our view third person instead of first, and have mini battles with one-shot snipers.

stick d00d

Quote from: Lucifer on April 03, 2010, 03:20:56 PM
I never did have any problem with Fallout 3's shooting system. It was a little more difficult than most, sure, but made it more realistic for me. I enjoyed turning off the HUD, crosshairs and all, and just aiming with the gun, and I do that for any shooter that allows it. The more realistic the experience, the more fun I have, to the point that I make 8| faces at shooters who don't use a clip system. I remember playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault back in the day, me and my brother would stick in hacks that made our view third person instead of first, and have mini battles with one-shot snipers.
Yea I liked the shooting in Fallout 3 simply because it was more of a challenge then most FPS games.. except for the VATS shooting ofc. Also you had to keep your weapons repaired pretty well to be able to do some good dmg. Can't wait for New Vegas.

ARTgames

Really now? Fallout 3 fps part felt like a free or open source fps with nice graphics. The guns just seem to fire with really random accuracy, making lining up shots almost useless. The lasers/plasmas guns just fired in the same spot on the screen making them easy to use.

There no recoil system, moving speed accuracy, sway, etc.  The vat system makes up for its mediocre combat system so im ok with that. Now i do like love the game fallout 3. Fallout with all its pieces put together is an awesome game.