News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster Hunter Tri

Started by Meiun, April 10, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

So there arn't a whole lot of games I actually get really excited for nowadays. But I am definitely looking forward to this one quite a bit! Monster Hunter Tri is more or less an Action RPG that comes out in less than two weeks (exclusively for the Wii). While the game has a full featured single player mode, it is also heavily focused on it's online mode (4 players online, microphone chat support, or you can even just do two player split screen). The online mode is also apparently full featured enough that in Japan you have to pay a monthly fee for it, but fortunately they are making it 100% free for the rest of the world. You can even buy the game bundled with the brand new soon to be released Wii "classic controller" (although wii remote + nunchuk works too). I'd explain more, but I think it would be much quicker and more effective to just show you a couple awesome videos of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XvxNCyUGJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fzEGMJordE

Perhaps if anyone else is planning on getting it we can start up some online groups for it.

Chaos

Looks cool.  Seems like a game I could really get into playing :3
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

How well does the online work?

Scotty

Looks pretty B.A.  I'll have to pick up a copy.

ASD!

My brothers gonna get it, I might think of trying it out. I wasn't to big a fan of the PS2 version, though.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on April 10, 2010, 06:36:20 PM
How well does the online work?
Seeing as it hasn't come out yet I don't think anyone could say with any level of certainty. But, I do know that their were previous installments of Monster Hunter that had Online (mostly just in Japan), and they were all very popular and succesful. What I do know about the online is that it is primarily 4 player cooperate, and pretty much just as full featured (apparently often even more so) than the single player. To my understanding, online play is suppose to be one of the main focuses of the game. I'm pretty sure there is nothing that you can do offline that you can't also do online. Supposedly, to find people to play with online, you just visit the games city where you can join different peoples districts or w/e that essentially serve as a lobby for the people you are going to play with. Once there, you can trade with NPC vendors, craft stuff, pick some quests, chat with the people you are gonna party with, add them to your buddy list, etc. After that, you then proceed off to do some quests or whatever with your new teamates.

Forum

Seems pretty cool, good thing i have a wii. Also it looks like dragon quest a lot.
Officially quitted

ARTgames

I was just asking because past online Wii games are not that well executed. Looking at this video and your post i think this will not be that.

I will be looking for it when it comes out.

venuse

considering i loved the first one on the ps2, ive got this pre ordered. as far as i know this game was aloud to have servers run by capcom and in the us i believe it is free to play online while i think asian countries have to a pay a monthly fee although i could be wroung

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on April 10, 2010, 07:14:16 PM
I was just asking because past online Wii games are not that well executed. Looking at this video and your post i think this will not be that.

I will be looking for it when it comes out.
They have already confirmed that this game is not held to any of the restrictions that other Wii games may have, and uses it's own network and servers that are seperate from Nintendo. So with this game you won't need to worry about things like being forced to use buddy codes to play with friends, or any of that other BS.

ARTgames

Ok that's good. I was scared that this game might have FC and would freeze the game if it got a little laggy.

venuse

now we just have to cross our fingers that it sells. 

Snakeman

I've seen the commercial for it, which always made me laugh. Giant-ass warrior guy with that badass accent, hahaha.

I might get it, depending on my budget. Already got like $30 planned out for other Wii stuffs coming out, haha.

Pat

Ah monster hunter, everyone with a PSP at my school used to play this all the time.
I might have gotten this one if my Wii hadn't broken down.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

crozier

Yeah I read about it. It looks pretty good and I can't wait till it comes out. Finally a good wii game in a while